It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Source of Local Mysterious Sound Revealed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Guys (and girls!), or girls, and guys, this will be a very short but sweet message. It's more like a report so we all realize one source of a mysterious sound that I found.

I was in town and in a parking lot and heard this very, very eerie sound. It sounded like some gigantic ghost yawning or otherwise trying to communicate, but as if it were suffering. I was very disappointed that I did not have my camera with me to document the sound. I went into the building of the parking lot, then eventually came out later and could not hear that exact same sound. I still heard something, but it sounded more like a chainsaw.

On the way down the road, I put the windows down to see whether that would help me hear it. Eventually, I passed the likely source of the sound, and it was a pressure washing machine. A medical office building was having their building cleaned, and that is what I supposed was the source of the noise. I don't know how it would make the "howling" or ghostly noise that it did and then not later, but those machines are designed to pump liquids at certain times and just plain water at others.

I just thought I'd share so if you ever hear anything eerie, check out and make sure no buildings are being pressure washed. That could be the source of the sound.

Note, that I am not 100% sure it is the pressure washer, because I couldn't connect with it at the same time I heard it, but it was coming from the direction I heard the noise. It was very late, and that is likely the source. I guess they pressure wash at night to avoid interrupting business.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I truly hope you are not implying that the strange sounds from AROUND THE WORLD are due to pressure washing machines.

That would be the biggest coincidence in the history of all time.

Peace

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
All I see here is a mere assumption based upon the coincidential fact that the omnious machine was roughly standing in the same direction as you thought the sounds were coming from, even though you admit that you just assume this because you actually never heard the sound being generated by the machine.

I fail to see how this is a revelation of anything, and it certainly does *not* explain the worldwide phenomenon of weird sounds.

Furthermore, it's a fact that "Mystery sounds" such as the famous Seneca Guns have been heard in the 18th century already. Are you telling me they used high pressure washing machines in 1820 as well ?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
lol

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

My gosh you guys are also vicious with your assumptions of my intent.

It was 3am in the morning. What else is around the area? Sugar cane fields.

I told you explicitly what my purpose was, and it was to tell people that if they heard a similar sound that they could drive around and look for buildings that may be in the process of being cleaned.

What's your problem with that? I don't even care to know. You act like I'm making a joke or something. I'm not. And NOWHERE did I even imply that what I heard was even SIMILAR to what "has been heard around the world."

I'm saying I heard something very ghostly, and in the middle of the quiet night in an area surrounded by sugar cane fields, it doesn't take much to figure out with a reasonable degree of certainty that it was the machine I passed near.

Wouldn't be the water tower. That doesn't make noise. Wouldn't be the power lines. Never heard them make the noise.

Geez, I'm just giving people a clue. If you hear an eerie noise, check around for various machines that might be producing the noise. Nothing malicious about my post!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by daynight42

Meh, ignore them, they apparently have reading comprehension problems. The title clearly says "local mysterious sound" it in no way implied that it was related to the sound being heard around the world. Kudos to you for finding a rational explanation for what you experienced instead of sticking to the paranormal or other worldy stuff.
edit on 15-6-2012 by acmpnsfal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Wow.. seems that "strange noise threads" get some people very mad.

On topic: Good for You that You went for some precise investigating.
I once figured-out a great, but véry scary, eerie sound. A metallic, beastly howling with a thunderous sound at the end.

I lived close to a Wharf, where they launched véry big yachts. When the wind turned due south (something not often seen overhere) the sound of the launch rails, and the thundering splash of the vessel made quite the impressive ruckus. The fields and trees inbetween our house and the wharf, dampened the higher frequencies, so the only things left were "gorzilla" and a "Khathoom!!"

The recent uptick in "strange-sounds" YT and blog posts, often make me remember that simple thing from my past.
Sorry to say, but I am not convinced that the "strange sounds" are anything out of the ordinary. The hoaxes do not help too.
edit on 15/6/12 by dutchmilpo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by daynight42
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

My gosh you guys are also vicious with your assumptions of my intent.

It was 3am in the morning. What else is around the area? Sugar cane fields.

I told you explicitly what my purpose was, and it was to tell people that if they heard a similar sound that they could drive around and look for buildings that may be in the process of being cleaned.

What's your problem with that? I don't even care to know. You act like I'm making a joke or something. I'm not. And NOWHERE did I even imply that what I heard was even SIMILAR to what "has been heard around the world."

I'm saying I heard something very ghostly, and in the middle of the quiet night in an area surrounded by sugar cane fields, it doesn't take much to figure out with a reasonable degree of certainty that it was the machine I passed near.

Wouldn't be the water tower. That doesn't make noise. Wouldn't be the power lines. Never heard them make the noise.

Geez, I'm just giving people a clue. If you hear an eerie noise, check around for various machines that might be producing the noise. Nothing malicious about my post!

My bad...apologies are due.

I actually misread your intent as I was in a hurry and for some reason...well, you know how it goes.

I understand now that you were explaining one event and not all. In order to do this you got off your ass and went searching. For that alone I'm giving the first flag on the thread.

Again...apologies.

Peace

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Apology accepted! Thank you!

It's okay! I relate to reading things so fast that I miss some details!

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Look, I don't mean to jump down your throat - I know you were just offering a possible explanation - but I also felt the title of the thread was misleading.

To be a 'mysterious sound' I think it needs to be heard by multiple people separately, and potentially reported in the local media as a result. Otherwise it's not a mystery, it's just 'something you can't figure out'.

For something to be 'revealed' it must have been known by some and is made known to others. Your use of this word suggests that the source was something that other people knew about and were finally coming clean on. Otherwise it's not 'revealed' it's just discovered.

Really what happened was you heard a weird sound - then figured out what it was. Your headline is incredibly sensationalistic for such a simple occurrence. Again, I do appreciate that all you meant to do was offer a suggestion for a possible source of these sounds - but your post title is very misleading.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheStev

To be a 'mysterious sound' I think it needs to be heard by multiple people separately, and potentially reported in the local media as a result. Otherwise it's not a mystery, it's just 'something you can't figure out'.

right i hear plenty of strange noises just by sitting outside my house.

doesn't mean im going to make a youtube video over it.

but yes i agree with the OP to investigate and don't just assume its strange noises

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
I truly hope you are not implying that the strange sounds from AROUND THE WORLD are due to pressure washing machines.

That would be the biggest coincidence in the history of all time.

Peace

He's implying that being skeptical is important, whether or not you believe in something. Check out all possibilities, never assume.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

That would be hilarious.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by THEatsking

Calm down there, Cowboy.
Have a sense of humor.
We are all on the same forum after all.

new topics

top topics