It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

23% of Small Business Owners Went a Year Without Pay

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Mostly agree...the survey was also limited to NYC and SF...

In order to get the full cross-sections etc. on the survey you'd have to log-on to citibank and I am not willing to bust out my CC and go through the hassle.

My point was the long stretch to the other side of agenda that Briebart's site and the OP took to turn "positive" news to "anti-obama" news.

OP:
23% of Small Business Owners Went a Year Without Pay

Actual Survey headline:
Percentage of U.S. Small Business Owners Reporting Positive Business Conditions Nearly Doubles Since 2010
www.citigroup.com...

edit on 15-6-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Mostly agree...the survey was also limited to NYC and SF...

In order to get the full cross-sections etc. on the survey you'd have to log-on to citibank and I am not willing to bust out my CC and go through the hassle.

And that is why I take it with a grain of salt. Keeping the survey under wraps allows for the OP view and yours to exist at the same time.

Here is a much more detailed outlook on Small Business. Small Business Economic Trends Survey

-- and --

This is the report **PDF File**

The survey is of course limited because it was mailed to business owners that subscribe, but also could lead to better answers since they are invested in NFIB. It's survey for the May results had a small cross section than normal -- and I take it all with a grain of salt, but at least I can see what was asked or how the data was compiled.

For instance, the retail industry responded in force in this report along with very small firms of 5 or less employees. To me, knowing that data I can better get an understanding of how business is fairing. On top of that it wasn't a preset multiple question survey. They actually ask a question and then ask why, in their own words.

The amount of political manipulation and evasion to guide the spending of billions of taxpayer dollars is disturbing to owners. Sixty (60) percent of those surveyed said now is a bad time to expand their businesses; one-in four of those owners cited political uncertainty as the main reason, second only to concerns about a weak economy. Investing in jobs or plant and equipment will remain at “maintenance” level until this is resolved.

Political uncertainty is always a business killer; regardless of who is in office. Also telling in the report is how many business owners are reporting that there are few and unqualified applicants to fill openings. The unemployed it would seem, is refusing to re-market themselves and it is hurting everyone overall.

And of the respondents, their single most important factor that worries them -- taxes, sales and gov't regulations. 2 of those can be remedied by Congress. Cut unnecessary regulations, cut capital gains taxes and consolidate many of the ridiculous amounts of red tape nonsense required to conduct business.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

hubby's boss managed to sell his vacation home a few years ago, and well, that's what he's been running on...
next question...

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

And of the respondents, their single most important factor that worries them -- taxes, sales and gov't regulations. 2 of those can be remedied by Congress. Cut unnecessary regulations, cut capital gains taxes and consolidate many of the ridiculous amounts of red tape nonsense required to conduct business.

Since you appear to be interested in honest discussion?

Look at the numbers in context...graph page 18 of your link....

Sales...as a concern has been dramatically falling in ranking...good thing!
Taxes as a concern?....Equal to or less than it has been for 30 years! given margin of error.
Regulation? as an increasing concern? Whilst still less important than taxes or sales? Not sure about that one.

I also find it ironic that the NFIB complains about political manipulation while investing 3 Million last year near exclusively to the GOP...I have a hard time not seeing the source as biased, despite it grudgingly admitting improving numbers in all categories that matter?

See Opensecrets NFIB...
www.opensecrets.org...

new topics

<< 1   >>

join