It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama speaks with Saudi King amid Syria, Iran concerns

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Obama speaks with Saudi King amid Syria, Iran concerns

www.vancouversun.com

U.S. President Barack Obama spoke with Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah on Thursday amid concerns about escalating violence in Syria and plans to widen sanctions on Iran.
The White House gave no details of the conversation, but the telephone discussion came as the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries agreed to hold production limits - despite an initial Saudi suggestion that OPEC may need to hike output later this year.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Just as i thought the alliance between America,Britain, Saudi Arabia, Israel and yet some of the users on the internet for cry about the axis of evil which is Iran, Sryia, Russia,China.

But the more this is coming out including with the trips that Obama is doing in Saudi Arabia which is led by undemocratic ruler that has led its own country and his family had ruled it for nearly 100 years.

And due the face that the article even mentions Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries? thats rather interesting.

So why is Obama speaking to an undemocratic ruler?
www.vancouversun.com
edit on 15-6-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Just as i thought the alliance between America,Britain, Saudi Arabia, Israel and yet some of the users on the internet for cry about the axis of evil which is Iran, Sryia, Russia,China.

But the more this is coming out including with the trips that Obama is doing in Saudi Arabia which is led by undemocratic ruler that has led its own country and his family had ruled it for nearly 100 years.

And due the face that the article even mentions Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries? thats rather interesting.

So why is Obama speaking to an undemocratic ruler?
www.vancouversun.com
edit on 15-6-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

When did Saudi Arabia kill 14,000 of its own citizens?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Not in Saudi Arabia but in Bahrain Saudi Arabia puppet king is arresting children as young as 11 year olds just because they were there parents during the protests.

Saudi Arabia puppet king son who is also ruining the jails has been using martial arts on the prisoners, Saudi Arabia has been sending its tanks to its puppet to crush the opposition.

Some people have claimed that Bahrain opposition belongs to Iran and they want Iran to be there puppet but i don't buy that at all neither do the Bahrain opposition activists.

Doctors were also arrested.

As for Saudi Arabia isn't Saudi Arabia the home where Women cant even drive? and terrorists? so why are we on there side?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Is this a desperate attempt to defend a oppressive regime? Saudi Arabia helped to crack down on the peaceful protests in Bahrain, another oppressive regime, and they are violating human rights on a daily basis. I bet you are one of those hypocrites, who bash Iran on a constant basis.

Prove to us that Assad killed 14.000 of his own citizens!

Nobody really knows who killed who there, but what we know is that the western MSM propaganda is once again failing, because nobody with a clear mind believes the BS they are promoting. May I remind you of the Houla massacre, which supposedly was done by Assad supporters, now we know it was the western backed Al Qaeda terrorists, who wanted to provoke a NATO intervention,

www.faz.net...

and may I remind you of the following story

Syrian rebels tried to get me killed, says Channel 4 correspondent

www.guardian.co.uk...

Seems like there are still people, who have learned nothing since the heartbreaking "throw babies out of the incubators" story by the daughter of the Kuwaiti ambassador.

Apart from that Saudi Arabia is the No.1 financier of terrorism worldwide!
edit on 15-6-2012 by ALF88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
to examine how crooked and fixed the oil market is look at these facts.

at the hight of the iraq war, oil reached $147 a barrel, yet gasoline prices were about 2.50 a gallon.

the article says the saudi's increased production to lower the price of oil to $84 a barrel, yet gas prices are hovering at $3.50 a gallon.

only that makes sense in the world of oil.

usually in a normal industry, if the price of the main raw ingredient goes down, it becomes cheaper to produce your product. in an industry with such heavy competition, it allows you to sell it cheaper and still maintain the same profit margins.

another fact, gasoline prices had been steadily decreasing every year for over 20 years that just before 9/11 and the iraq war gas was $1.50 a gallon and supply was thru the roof.

enter george w. bush, oilman. the rest is history.

he single-handedly, with his oil gangsters, stopped that trend and invaded iraq. but before he could invade iraq and stop the downward spiralling of oil prices and the decline of his industry and the industry of his dad's best friends, he needed a reason.

enter osama bin laden, the mastermind himself. would he be willing to attack america if he was guaranteed he wouldn't be stopped. would a texan mind if a few thousand liberal wallstreet yuppies died.

would osama be sitting plump in his compound for years with his 18 yr old wife, watching cable t.v., a few hundred yards from an "ally's" military, a military supposedly ordered to kill him on sight, if he truly thought or felt he was wanted "dead or alive".

it's not a conspiracy, it's just business.

edit on 15-6-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ALF88

Seems like there are still people, who have learned nothing since the heartbreaking "throw babies out of the incubators" story by the daughter of the Kuwaiti ambassador.

Don't worry for those people who haven't learned nothing since that incubator lie, they will learn it the hard way and what way is that? well i guess when the real fighting between Russia,Israel,Saudi Arabia,America, Iran started happening even though they will feel it economically.

Greece exit is the starting point.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALF88
Is this a desperate attempt to defend a oppressive regime?

I have a friend who is a Saudi woman. She desperately wants to leave and come to the west, but is unable to without her fathers consent, which his new wife wont allow him to give. I do not defend SA in the slightest. Comparing SA to Syria/Iran is simple ignorance though. SA needs to change, and I am not for them needing to become Democratic, but they do need to change the way they treat their citizens.

Russia and China back the Syrian Government no matter what, despite them killing their own citizens. Would the US do the same? I dont think so. The point is moot though, we know Russia and China are doing it. He is using a strawman argument, and it doesnt hold any validity.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Russia and China back the Syrian Government no matter what, despite them killing their own citizens. Would the US do the same? I dont think so. The point is moot though, we know Russia and China are doing it. He is using a strawman argument, and it doesnt hold any validity.

Yup, the US IS doing the same. They are funding Al Qaeda and extremists in the opposition in Syria despite the fact that these people slit the throats of innocent men women and children. As I said you are a hypocrite!
edit on 15-6-2012 by ALF88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ALF88

First, this is about Saudi Arabia and comparing the way SA treats its citizens to how Syria is. I will destroy your position on this on another topic where you are not derailing the thread.

Now then, how about we stay on topic, you think the way SA acts is just as bad as how Syria is acting currently?

Oh and you never called me a hypocrite before, so I dont know where your AHA moment came from.
edit on 15-6-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
USA and Israel need to butt out of the middle east come hell or high water. They keep interfering everywhere and frankely it has been increasingly annoying for a long time now, especially considering how the american government is not capable of prosecuting the 9-11 genocide criminals for over 10 years now.

We have wasted so much money on foreign wars and a barbaric unnecessary military-industrial complex called DHS, we have zero legitimacy anywhere in the world. I mean zero! Just when I though Obama and the democrats would turn around america they are keeping the wheel of tyranny steady as she goes. Nothing good will come of this.

Syria and Iran are much closer to russia and china than america or europe is. That alone is good enough reason to keep out of the middle east. Let alone that russia and china have vested interest in those countries and would much rather not lose it. We messed up libya, iraq twice, afghanistan, georgia, ukraine, poland. Time to stop messing around NOW, not tomorrow!!!!!!

Let the middle east sort its way out of what little common sense remains.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
There is no doubt that Saudi Arabia is behind a lot of the military action in Syria- Saudia Arabia is an absoloutely abysmal state, worse than South Africa under aparthied, yet Obama toadies to them,

Disgusting, but then Obama is a pathetic leader

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

reply to post by ALF88

First, this is about Saudi Arabia and comparing the way SA treats its citizens to how Syria is. I will destroy your position on this on another topic where you are not derailing the thread.

Now then, how about we stay on topic, you think the way SA acts is just as bad as how Syria is acting currently?

Oh and you never called me a hypocrite before, so I dont know where your AHA moment came from.

No. Saudi Arabia is treating its citizens much worser than what syria or iran is! They have a monarchy that has sold out to the west since day one. Saudi Arabia and Israel are the only two countries that support the west. That should tell you something.

And the fact we have been getting ripped off at the pump for ten years now is also quite unsettling . It means they are using our alliance for gain and give us nothing in return.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

reply to post by ALF88

Lets go destroy me...

This thread is about Syria and Saudi Arabia! We are on topic!

You avoided to reply to the fact that the US is supporting and funding Al Kaida and extremists!

Hypocrite and coward?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

reply to post by ALF88

No. Saudi Arabia is treating its citizens much worser than what syria or iran is! They have a monarchy that has sold out to the west since day one. Saudi Arabia and Israel are the only two countries that support the west. That should tell you something.

And the fact we have been getting ripped off at the pump for ten years now is also quite unsettling . It means they are using our alliance for gain and give us nothing in return.

That is all you have to say for me to know to ignore any further posts from you. Selling out to the West is worse than gunning down citizens, gotcha.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   

reply to post by ALF88

That is all you have to say for me to know to ignore any further posts from you. Selling out to the West is worse than gunning down citizens, gotcha.

Saudi Arabia does gun down citizens, ffs, it is funding/equipping a lot of the terrorist activity in Syria.

Saudia Arabia should be a pariah state, worse than apartheid, only it has oil............
edit on 16-6-2012 by blueorder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

reply to post by ALF88

Saudi Arabia does gun down citizens, ffs, it is funding/equipping a lot of the terrorist activity in Syria.

Saudia Arabia should be a pariah state, worse than apartheid, only it has oil............

Link me a source showing me Saudi Arabia killing thousands of its citizens. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

reply to post by ALF88

Link me a source showing me Saudi Arabia killing thousands of its citizens. Thanks.

www.youtube.com...

If you can't see this as a Saudi (Amonst others) sunni war by proxy then you really are a good little servant for your political masters

Even without funding deaths of others- Saudi Arabia should be shunned by the world, you can't even open a church there.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

Im not looking for youtube, I am looking for an article showing Saudi Arabia killing thousands of its OWN citizens. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   

reply to post by blueorder

Im not looking for youtube, I am looking for an article showing Saudi Arabia killing thousands of its OWN citizens. Thanks.

Oh Syrian citizens are lesser citizens than Saudi Arabians are they

take your debased reasoning elsewhere.

When Syria funds terrorist activity in Saudi we can discuss that, in the meantime Syrian citizens are dying at the hands of the Syrian regime AND the Saudis (who Obama toadies up to)

You can try and surpress the truth with your acrobatics, but it won't stand here

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join