It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

30-foot young diseased humpback whale beaches near Vancouver and dies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I hate to see these beautiful creatures die like this. Such a shame....

June 15, 2012 – VANCOUVER – A 30-foot young humpback whale beached itself on a suburban Vancouver beach and died there. The midday tide rolls in as police move crowds of people back as they view an eight to ten meter long juvenile humpback whale which died shortly after washing up on the beach in White Rock near Vancouver, British Columbia, early morning June 12, 2012, despite the efforts of local people who tried to save it. The whale was scarred, covered in lice and open sores and appeared malnourished, likely too weak to fight the early morning incoming tides.

theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...
edit on 15-6-2012 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

im sure this has something to do with fukushima + monsanto.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
It was entangled in fishing line.
It's also seen as a sign they're returning to local waters here.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I cant believe humpbacks can grow roses in the ocean now!

Flower power FAIL?!!?!?!?!?

I feel this is a situation we see more now days though. Malnourished whales, dolphins, etc.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

Wow your fast on the uptake....yup jump right on the bandwagon....blame fukishima....you know sheep work in both directions it seems....the sheep who follow blindly to every bit of propaganda out there....and the ones who think every conspiracy fits into every scenario that is out there....rather than stepping back and thinking things through or waiting to see if there might be other circumstances to which may have contributed to this poor whales demise......I mean it could even be (heaven forbid) Natural causes that may have befell this creature.

Just like people....Animals die....for a vast amount of reasons.....as mentioned above it could be fishing net.....maybe not natural...or as flamboyant as fukishima but hey....and then you would need to ask yourself.....would Radiation be affecting the larger animals out there first....or would it be affecting say the smaller creatures first....I mean come on logical thinking here...what would be affected first the larger or smaller creatures...my guess would be you would see die off of smaller animals that would be getting a high rad dosage.

I am not having a great dig....but it gets boring when people just jump onto "it's Fukishima" thang....it does not contribute to anything...and it is fear mongering....All the people who think that mass amounts of radiation is out there killing things off is just out there....the people who have the most concern right now are the japanese people and they are located right close to the site....there was very little actual fallout....it did not reach the upper atmosphere.....Am i saying there is no worries...no...but i am saying just do not blow things out of proportion.....the sad thing is the loss of yet another beautiful great beast of the deep blue seas.....

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
This is frightening.. they really need to test it and see if radiation played a part, particularly isotope 137 or whatever the hell you call the radiation from Fukushima

seriously though

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Deceased whale beaches then dies? Really?
Did it come back to life for a second to give it's fellow mamal counterparts a last hoo raa? A whaley swansong?

A DEAD whale once washed up on our beach in South Africa. I just got to the scene and asked a local guy whats up, ''The ocean doesnt want this thing anymore, it has died,'' he said. ''Thats why she is spitting it out.'' They have such an honest and colorful way of looking at life.

Whales die, they dont live forever. Unfortunately we arent helping much, what with our nets, plastic bags and toxins in the oceans. But we know this.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by plube

Look man.. what the hell do you expect? Something catastrophic happened just an ocean away and NOBODYS TELLING US THE TRUTH ABOUT IT

We're all sitting around waiting for answers and now this YOUNG whale rolls in.. where? Not Maine, not Georgia, not South America or Norway, but Vancouver. One of a handful of places that COULD possibly imply that it's a result of Fukushima. So yeah.. we're gonna go there. Any logical and concerned person would think it immediatley
edit on 15-6-2012 by bacci0909 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by bacci0909

Actually any logical and concerned individual would learn about the affects of radiation and how fallout is the main carrier of the radiation

this might help....SOURCE

Also....SOURCE

Also i have a concern....most my family live in and around the Vancouver area...and Vancouver Island.....so it is a concern of mine to learn the cumulative effects of the radiation.

I myself will not become sucked in by the propaganda, It is safer to arm yourself with knowledge than to run in fear from ignorance.

edit on 023030p://f39Friday by plube because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by plube

wow. do you know what a wiener is?

think about that while you're treating others more politely.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by aaaiii

Oh sorry was i rude by saying jumping on the Bandwagon.....Did i call someone names.....Are you not able to take criticism...should i treat adults...(I suspect we are) with kid gloves....Do i have to agree blindly and go excuse me sir....Or miss....I think not.....The point was and is valid....There is no reason to blame the death of this poor creature on some speculative remark.....Should i just go oh It's ok....Or should I be kinder to give some advice on looking into all possible circumstances that may have lead to the demise of this animal rather than blindly just stating it's Fukushima...... I gave a person who said it in a thread about Deformed cherries and the person who started the thread actually came back and Acknowledged they might have not looked at the entire picture....
Now that is the way it works is it not....did i call someone an Idiot or Stupid....man .....No i did not......If the person who i said this to would take it as something constructive rather than a negative then it has been well received....But it is good to see people come to the defense of others....it does show some sympathy and compassion.....Should i apologize....I don't think so...Did I say it wasn't Radiation...Noooo....So please show me where i was so rude that it stood out so blatantly ......The statement was...basically ...Do not jump to conclusions....It would take a cumulative amount of cessium 137 to kill this animal....and yes negligible amounts have been found in some tuna off the coast of the USA. But to accumulate enough in this Animal would take a vast amount of tuna to be ingested by this beast to cause it's actual death....I was stating that it is not Obvious that it's demise was due to Fukushima....so what is so rude about that....Please let me know.....Also The person i spoke to is quite free to come back and reply just as you were.
Is there a problem with radiation....YES....IS it the Cause of this Animals demise....LOGICALLY.....most likely not.

Also was this what the OP was saying.....Not in my interpretation of what the OP was saying....they were saddened by this wonderful creatures death.....but someone also looked on the other side and said it means they were inhabiting local waters which was a good sign....So please in your infinite wisdom....show how constructive criticism is considered rude.
edit on 093030p://f39Friday by plube because: (no reason given)

edit on 093030p://f42Friday by plube because: (no reason given)

edit on 093030p://f44Friday by plube because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I will say this one more time: it was entangled in fishing line.
That's why it was unable to swim and eat and washed ashore. Not radiation or poisoning.
It was alive when they found it and died one hour later. It pretty much starved to death.
Fishing line killed whale
edit on 16-6-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

The fishing industry is usually responsible for the death of fish

Dolphins and whales are often unfortunately caught up in the nets.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Whales are the elephants of the sea. Absolutely stunning piece of technology they are

top topics

join