It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tonight on Fox

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Did you guys see Cops tonight? I don't watch alot of television, but I was watching cops tonight with my wife and there was a citizen vigilante type group called the "Guardian Angels" that apparenlty the law enforcement was cooperating with in some kinda program patrolling streets etc. I didn't really pay it any attention until it showed their freaking teeshirts and had a pyramid with wings and a masonic eye right in the middle of the pyramid and all of them that I saw were wearing red berets. Now given the nature of this group, that got my attention. Any of you guys heard of these guys? Any of you masons on this board will understand my concerns, apparently either this group is operating under a lodge directive, or they are trying to make it look like freemasonry is involved. Was kinda freaky to see a vigilante type group patrolling streets and beating people up wearing blantantly displayed symbols. I can't remeber what city it was taped though, anybody else see that?

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   
They have been around a long time, first heard of them in the 80's. No know association with the Masons. Just a bunch of people tired with the lack of law enforcement, doing the "right" thing..

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by valkeryie
They have been around a long time, first heard of them in the 80's. No know association with the Masons. Just a bunch of people tired with the lack of law enforcement, doing the "right" thing..

Apparently they have a few admirers in Tokyo. Dave Attel ran into them subduing a belligerant drunk in "Sloshed in Translation."

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
www.guardianangels.org...

history of Guardian Angels

Guardian Angels began twenty-four years ago, on February 13, 1979. In the years prior to the Guardian Angels launch, Curtis Sliwa had become famous for his neighborhood clean-up and beautification projects in the South Bronx. Using his co-workers at the Fordham Road McDonalds, where he was the night manager, Curtis formed the "Rock Brigade." The Rock Brigade received accolades and a full wall of awards from community and governmental groups around the city. Planting and cleaning up vacant lots, boarding up bombed-out buildings, they managed to make this notorious inner-city neighborhood more beautiful. But it wasn't any safer, nothwithstanding how well-swept the sidewalks were.

The elderly sought refuge in the McDonalds, knowing that Curtis would walk them home safely, along with his coworkers. When one retired transit worker pleaded with Curtis to do something about the muggers and street thugs, Curtis decided to expand his neighbohood cleanup and pride program - to patrol the subway, then known as the "Muggers Express."

He recriuted a multi-racial team of volunteers, largely gleaned from his employees at the McDonalds. It started out with Curtis and twelve volunteers. They were known intially as the "Magnificent Thirteen." They agreed to ride the subways between the toughest stops, without weapons, to find the gang members who had been mugging the straphangers in the subway and detain them for the police to arrest.

It was a dark time in New York, with massive budget deficits, law enforcement layoffs and increasing crime. There was no funding for much needed law enforcement either from within or from without New York. Neighborhood watch groups were desperately needed, but they were not universally welcomed.

And, just to clarify, the eye in a pyramid is NOT a masonic symbol, in and of itself.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Give this a look, twitchy

www.guardianangels.org...

They're a good group of people.

Edit:
theron beat me to it!

[edit on 4-10-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 04:41 AM
link   
i heard of them but it seems it was earlier than that. i seem to remember some connection with a book titled The Cross and the Switchblade or about that time
anyway.

top topics

join