It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sweden wants to force men to relieve themselves sitting

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

Why not, we're filmed naked in public airports now anyway.

As far as toilet seats - I always bring and use a antiseptic wipe before I sit down.

Yes sounds peevish but you don't know what the person before you has.

I have never had a disease in that area and don't want one.

Pay particular attention to the porcelain part where the two round wooden/plastic pieces don't meet up.

Again sounds peevish but as I was in nursing, I saw stuff down there I clearly don't want to catch.

If I can help it I don't use public washrooms and bring my own wipes and lysol spray.

Also, when you wash your hands, use your elbows to turn off the water if it's not automatic and use the paper towel or the outside of your sleeve to open the door.

Some people out there have some really nasty germs you don't want to get.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I mean.. you guys have been in gas station toilets right? I don't think this has anything to do with feminists messing with men's pride.

I have never understood the inability to aim in a public restroom. Are these guys peeing all over their own bathroom? I've been in one, literally, where piss was dripping from the ceiling.

THE CEILING....

Law or no, I'm never sitting my bare ass down on any public restroom toilet, wax paper or no.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Pervasive fear of germs leading to excessive use of disinfectants and sterilization products is more dangerous to the human immune system that occasional contact with urine (which itself is a sterile substance). My own observations have shown that the people who obsessively use sanitizers and disinfectants are much more likely to get sick than those who do not.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
reply to post by TDawgRex

Proper use of the three seashells.

FINALLY!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
does that mean they are going to force women to stand...lol

i saw a programme where two gays had adopted 4 boys......in one scene of the documentary, the "adult" says to the boys....if you cant aim, then you shall sit to go toilet......can this be a form of grooming????

peace

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
I have never understood the inability to aim in a public restroom. Are these guys peeing all over their own bathroom? I've been in one, literally, where piss was dripping from the ceiling.

LOL yeah I've been in some pretty unsightly restrooms... It's not that we have trouble aiming... it's the constant mid-stream positional adjustments that need to be made in order to get the entire expulsion into the toilet. The science behind it, I believe, is actually more complicated than the mid-air refueling of a jet.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Originally posted by acmpnsfal

Proper use of the three seashells.

FINALLY!

hahaha, from demolition man.....so that took 10 years plus for an answer......
BTW...vivid...lol

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

I won't go in a dirty rest room.............I'll go outside or wait until I get home.

God, can't some men aim right????

Some men never grow up, their proud of their equipment and like showing they can pee.

Now, syphllis can last on a lipstick stain for up to 24 hours.

I'm not sure how long it can last on urine.

Not meaning to be gross or peevish but as you get older your immune system isn't as good as when you are young and for you young ones this knowledge may prove helpful to you in the decades to come..............be careful touching what other people have touched, particularly if you have a open wound or a orifice.

Trust me, there are very painful and nasty things some people have you really don't want.

A lot of people laugh at the Niles charector played by David Hyde Pierce wiping down the seat at Café Nervosa, but in actuality that isn't a bad idea..............seriously you don't know what the person before you touched or has.

Sores, warts, puss, bed bugs, pain, and some people have really bad hygiene and diseases.

And I am not a clean freak!
edit on 15-6-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-6-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-6-2012 by ofhumandescent because: spelling.................what happened to ATS spell check?????? Wasn't perfect but better than nothing.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by draco49

I got my first cold at age 21.

Very rarely sick.

Where my private parts are concerned, I'm very careful.

Yes urine is sterile unless that person has say STD or a infection.

I've never had any problems in the area we are talking about and don't intend to.

Many people now have casual sex and don't use proper precautions.................I don't want warts, sores, or any of the other stuff I have seen people have.

I was in nursing and as far as the genital area is concerned, particularly for women where it's all open, you can get some pretty nasty stuff.

Sorry, I like to be clean - I even make sure my doctors wash their hands and don latex gloves before they touch me.

I'm 59 and my doctor says I should live to at least 100 the way I'm going...............I simply have a good immune system, maybe from being on a dairy farm.

BTW: When we worked on a dairy farm we had a mud room with a bath and were required to undress, shower/scub and put on clean clothes before we sat down to the breakfast table after taking care of the "girls".

Grandma lived throught he flu of 1918 and she said a tiny bit of bleach will kill most germs.

Sorry, don't want to swap bodily fluids with strangers.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

my niece worked in Africa in the Peace Corps for four years and said they didn't have toilet paper.

They had to use a bucket with water.

Had to laugh about your post with the sea shells, always wondered about that in Demolition Man, one of my favorite movies...........a fun film!!!!

Could never figure out about the sea shells and now I know.

Thank God for TP, Dial soap, Lysol and Diaper Wipes.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by MrJohnSmith

Fair enough, should be more hygienic.

More hygienic? Have you seen the bottom side of a toilet seat from the women going? The stuff splashes around and gets the toilet seat all nasty! Most of the pee mess in bathrooms is created by the women, not the men. Sure, some men miss the whole dam thing, but that is a different problem, those men need to learn some manners.

It is much LESS hygienic to sit down, compared to standing up. It is a huge misconception that men are the ones getting toilets dirty. The women are the ones splattering urine all over the underside of the toilet seat.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
I have a feeling this guy will not be on the council for too much longer.

The best thing I have read all day.

Snf

Sorry to bust your bouble. He has been working for the county for 26 years as a poletician and is proud of it. Career poleticians go insane after a while when they do not work in the real world. But he had a few ideas about not selling out health care to investment companies that I agree with. I do not think this person will go away and he is not worse than the other nutjobs in swedish parlament.

He wants genderless toilets and I can live with that but the swedish article say also that there is a demand that you sit down when you pee. Now I have listened to the video. OMG. Now he is talking about medical benefits of emptying your whole bladder that they say do not happen if you stand up. I cant stop laughting.

svt.se...

The lady says
It is a possibility to influence the public and after that she goes into the normal political language that really do not mean anything but use a lot of complicated words.

Well this is probably so that they will feel that they are doing a difference for society to justify their high salary.
edit on 15-6-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

One thing that I have noticed about people who live on or grew up on farms is that they have a tendency to live longer. That is if they manage to get through life without being sucked into a bailer or other machinery. Farming is dangerous after all.

I even stepped on a nail in a foot of cow poo once and never got infected…though it did hurt!

I rarely get sick, and when I do, it’s usually over with pretty quick.

I think that we should expose ourselves to the various germs from time to time. It builds the immune system…if it doesn’t kill us.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Some men never grow up, their proud of their equipment and like showing they can pee.

Guy at the urinal: WOW! The water sure is cold!

Guy next to him: Yep, and deep too.

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by leosnake

Like Sweden doesn't have more pressing issues to worry about then who pee's how. **Cough**Malmø**cough**

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
All the other arguments aside, I'd encourage all men to give seated urination a try. I've been doing it for many years, and find it preferable for a number of reasons I won't go into here. It is more relaxing, and is supposed to ease pressure on the prostate gland.

I'm not sure why men would have such an emotional attachment to standing urination. I guess it's one of the sex differentiators that we learn about early in life. But really, it's absurd to think that there is something unnatural or un-masculine about it.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by luminaut

If you do it for health reasons, fine. BUT having someone FORCE you to do it? I'm sorry, but if they passed a law that I had to stand up to pee, I would want to sit down, LOL! I don't want anyone telling me how to pee, that is the emotional attachment, not the actual act of doing it.

Also, it is not more comfortable for me to sit down, it makes my legs fall asleep. Toilets are not designed for comfort.

Maybe someone should design a nice wide, contoured, vibrating seat, with a randomized warm-water bidet that gives you a little surprise every now and then, while the wide seat gently rocks you? Then they wouldn't need a law, we'd be fighting to get to the bathroom!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by luminaut
All the other arguments aside, I'd encourage all men to give seated urination a try. I've been doing it for many years, and find it preferable for a number of reasons I won't go into here. It is more relaxing, and is supposed to ease pressure on the prostate gland.

I'm not sure why men would have such an emotional attachment to standing urination. I guess it's one of the sex differentiators that we learn about early in life. But really, it's absurd to think that there is something unnatural or un-masculine about it.

I don't like having my junk touch the porcelain. And anyway, turning around, pulling the pants way down, sitting down, then getting up again.. That's a lot of work. The negatives just outweigh the positives.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by leosnake

One of the reasons given...is that men empty their bladders more...if they are sitting down.

Does anyone know if this is true?

Some people want to pee standing up....some sitting down...it's a choice by each individual...let the freedom of choice stay.

Next....they will be trying to regulate how many sheets of toilet paper is used...and in what direction people should wipe...

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by luminaut

We've all tried seated urination... every time we have a bowel movement. That's not the point. If you enjoy sitting merely to urinate, that's your business. But until it's a physical impossibility, I will continue to stand when I pee.

Ladies, take note... I always lift the seat in a unisex bathroom and return it to it's lowered position when I'm finished.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join