It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sweden wants to force men to relieve themselves sitting

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
How much time do some people have on their hands that they come up with ideas like this? They they think they're good ideas and voice them in public! In any sensible society this idea should be laughed all the way out of the building, but we don't live in sensible times, no doubt other idiots will be keen to see this idea promulgated across the globe. Our only hope is some religious group claim it's against their religion and/or belief system and then the war between the politically correct and the religiously motivated will allow the rest of us to stand up to relieve ourselves in peace, but one thing, just remember to put the seat down afterwards, that leads to a quiet life!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
They are saying it is good for health? I fail to see how standing up to go No.1 is unhealthy.

In fact, I can't see how you could sit down, put your pecker down into the bowl to pee and not touch the bowl, you could end up catching an infection.

I try my hardest never to break the law, but that is one law that must be broken.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I've no objection to any man partaking of a "Comfy wee" in their own home, but to enforce it in public restrooms is taking the piss. I feel bad for poor Swedish guys, they seem to be having their manhood whittled away at a phenomenal rate.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I have not used a urinal in a long time. I prefer to have some privacy when I am using the toilet.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
There is relevant section preventing women from "hovering" and no building of toilet paper "cushions", isn't there?

I mean if we must be fair and restrictive on public bathroom habits, by order of law, then let us be 100% after all.

There is no other way to use a public washroom so if they don't like that, then they better be providing the liners, and not run out either.

I don't like bad bathrooms but do what I am forced to in public ones. PERIOD. No debate, no obeying other wierd ideas. They lose and the seat gets lined anyway.

And I wouldn't be sharing a bathroom with the gents.

This won't last, for there would be too many people standing in lineups at the door, waiting on others. Two gendered bathrooms with more stalls saves lineups and slightly less work for the cleanup crews.
edit on 15-6-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
And this is what happens when you let political correctness rot your brain. You gotta have genderless toilets because it's "discrimination" or some crap to have gender separated toilets.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Erm...

Isn't this just some loony fring left idea? I don't think it'll ever even get into Bill form, let alone get passed in any (male dominated) parliament anywhere in Europe..

I see most have missed that and have assumed it is actually going to become Law....

Or do we now assume any fringe party idea is going to become Law? How about the BNP wanting assault rifles in every home? When can I look forward to my gun then?

EDIT: This is also only in a local council area, not even the national Parliament...

Trust ATS to blow somethign wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy out of proportion..
edit on 15/6/12 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I'm not really surprised. We've been heading towards a kind of genderless race for a while now with all the gays, womens progression and sensitive men. Being a man definately isn't what it used to be. "We're all equal." isn't that what everyone says? Not really that big of a deal in the long run. I don't they will have a lot of ways to enforce it, and as long as their doing it TRYING to make everyone happy, I don't care. My biggest concern with it would have to be sanitation. Sweden is going to go through a lot of seat covers.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Well its still easier that master baiting standing up.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
It's funny that they are blaming this on liberals and feminists etc.

It is completely reasonable, and it is just for public bathrooms obviously.
There are plenty of businesses in America that have signs that ask people to sit rather than stand up that I have seen. It is simply the fact that most people are disgusting and piss all over everything. If people were decent and cleaned up after themselves they wouldn't have to impose kiddie rules on them.

Really it should be left up to the business and likely will be (they can't enforce this.. really), but people should only stand up at urinals and sit on toilets in public restrooms.

I mean.. you guys have been in gas station toilets right? I don't think this has anything to do with feminists messing with men's pride.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Maybe they should switch to this gender-less toilet...... I had to use a similar one in Italy once with a waxpaper type of toilet paper......it was different to say the least.

edit on 15-6-2012 by pavil because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-6-2012 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

that is called a persian squat a popular type of facility in asian and muslim countries..
this could save money if inacted for new businesses because they will not need extra plumbing for urinals
but now you will here women come out of public rest room saying vwho lft the @#$%ing toilet seat up
because you know men are not going to sit unless they trying to do both at same time.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
An important note missing that the OP should have included in his quote

The seated-urination motion applies to toilets in the office bathrooms at the Sormland County Council

Nothing to see here

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Why is this even a matter for discussion? Men pee standing up; women pee sitting down. It's not a choice... it's by design. Should there be some sort of legislation that dictates that male dogs cannot lift their leg when peeing, and instead must squat like a bitch? Our anatomical differences are the reason we go about our business in different physical configurations. Unless I lose my legs or suffer some other debilitating condition, I will continue peeing while standing.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by leosnake

Actually that's not a bad idea.

The average, regular house here in America has 1-1/2 to 3 baths..................most homes, except for the rich folk, most homes have toilets which are low so women can sit on them, with no urinal or bidet.

I clean our bathroom upstairs about four times a day. My son has a 1/2 bath downstairs.

My husband and son are over six feet tall - I'm a little over 5'2".

Swear to God there is always pee on the bottom of the toilet seat

If I had the money I would have my own bathroom (with a bidet) and my husband his...............with a urinal that would accommodate a six foot tall man.

Most men aren't able to aim it all in the pot and then when they shake it goes all over.

Yuck.

I hate handling my own waste much less someone elses.

How would you police something like that????

Cameras in the loo????

Maybe the toilet such as we know it is becoming outdated.

Also for people that keep their tooth brushes in the bathroom.............not a good idea unless your toilet is located in it's own closet section.

Each time you flush, germs are air borne and will find their way to your toothbrush.

Learned this in nursing.

The old hanging your tooth brush in the toothbrush holder with a single cup is not hygenic.

The toilet technically, if one wants to be really clean should be in it's own separate closet (small closet, stall or nook) away from the shower/tub and sink.

While urine is not usually full of germs (unless you have a infection or STD), fecal matter is full of nasty germs.

This is a public service announcement.

Oh, and ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS wash your hands.

When I worked in a office, sitting in the stall about 45% of the women would pee and run out the door minus washing their hands............and these were college educated women not lower class, factory workers.
edit on 15-6-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska
i don't care what laws they pass, im going to pee in any way i want!

they expect everyone to sit down on the same toilet seat?

that's like sitting on someone else's dirty butt!

This law is probably being passed by women who resent having to sit all the time. They want men to suffer too! Misery loves company, I suppose.

Anyways... how the hell are they going to monitor this? Are they going to put cameras in every bathroom stall? I always figured America would be the first to do that lol.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Men sitting to pee...The world has lost their freaking mind.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
This strikes me as one more small piece of evidence that there is a generalized reaction and move towards the divine feminine expression. It's obvious that the extreme expression of our male side, as a species, has resulted in our creative talents used for the purpose of creating weapons and war.

That being said, the title of this thred is extreme and reactionary. The article refers NOT to the entire country but a proposal by one person for "gender less" toilets. Give me a break OP. what is your intent? Are you seeking to cause a negative reaction or highlight a silly story?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Sweden?? What are you thinking?? Gotta laugh considering that men in Sweden often wear little neck purses to to keep their money and nail polish in.
Strangest site I've ever seen. Let it get stranger.... If this measure passes, the govt. will have to install cameras to monitor how people take a piss and just how far they squat.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by leosnake

I'm sure it's been said already but:

Viggo Hansen, a Left Party member and substitute member on council who's responsible for the proposal, is pushing the idea because he wants the office toilets to be genderless

All are suggesting is removing standing only urinals to make the bathrooms unisex. You can still stand over a seated toilet. No one is forcing you to sit, and think about it, that's about as unenforceable as it gets.

Perfect example of how a headline can completely change the tone of an article.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join