It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sweden wants to force men to relieve themselves sitting

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Pretty funny and odd.

The main question to come out of this is could this help England beat Sweden tonight?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

genderless toilet

Men in co-gender lines, waiting for women to finish powdering their noses.
As if that will ever work

Why is this even considered being 'news' ,
are there no dire global issues that need reporting ?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by leosnake
"That's not what we're doing. We want to give men the option of going into a clean toilet," he told Sveriges Television.
cnews.canoe.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

What a joke! I work at a large police station, and the women are always complaining about the condition other women leave the toilets in, always getting blocked, too much toilet paper, women taking poo's sitting on toilets backwards to leave skidmarks, etc.

Disgusting!

The only complaint i have heard of with the mens toilets are that somoene is picking thier nose and leaving boogas on the toilet door.
edit on 15-6-2012 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
This makes zero sense to me....

A bathroom with a regular toilet is already unisex. A woman can sit down to relieve herself, a man can sit down to go #2, and a man can stand up to go #1. What exactly are they trying to change?

Because there is no way in hell they are going to be able to make men sit down in order to take a piss. This whole idea is just stupid beyond belief.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
Next , we'll be forced to use the three seashells.

How DO you use them anyways? That was never explained.

I'm waiting. And have been for years.

And here I thought I was alone all this time... I keep 3 seashells on the back of my toilet in hops that, someday, some secret "B" roll of Demolition Man will be released finally explaining how how the hell they work

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
It would make things easier for the cleaners!

Seriously, I often wonder about this myself, given the puddles of pee I often find in the restrooms at work - I mean, how can some guys possible manage to miss such a large target? However, unisex restrooms? Not sure I am comfortable with that aspect just yet.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Now, I have no problem, in principle with unisex bathrooms in locations where the conduct of everyone in the building can be assessed and assumed to be exemplary. The offices of lawyers for instance, who have to have thier credentials and their criminal records examined before being offered any kind of work.

However, before we even get to the sitting down issue, in a less controlled environment than the one I describe above, a unisex lavatory could be a very dangerous place to be for a person who may become the target of workplace abuse, either physical or sexual.

And now, for the main event. If the lavatory is unisex, then that will not prevent a man standing to do his business. Nor is there any reason why it ought to. One of the leading causes of untidy urination habits, is being too damned drunk to aim correctly when doing the deed. Another would be recent, vigorous sexual intercourse, which can also ruin ones aim. Other than that, most fellows are capable of putting their waste liquids down the drain without over much fuss, and furthermore, most are capable of cleaning up after themselves.

The only problems come when a chap is just too much of a lazy cretin to deal with any aftermath of his visit to the porcelain throne. With this in mind, rather than forcing a person to sit, there ought to be a matter of law, relating to public decency, which could prosecute those who routinely make a damp mess of the lav, and refuse to deal with it effectively.

The other thing is that unisex bathrooms, in my experience, still have locks on the doors, so what one does when in the privacy of ones very own cubicle, is very much a matter for the individual, and no outside power can really have an awful lot to say about what happens when one is inside it, other, of course than the person whose business is being conducted within.

The whole idea of making sitting down mandatory for men is awful for another reason. When a gentleman goes to the lavatory, he can merely walk in, drop flies, and evacuate his bladder, with little fuss or ceremony (assuming no pre-existing complaint affecting his urinary activities). We use our bathroom efficiency to great effect, spending significantly less time in the toilet than the ladies, when about this particular task. The only effect that forcing fellows to go through the process of unfastening their belts, taking down their trousers, and peeing sitting down, will be that an awful lot more time gets wasted.

In the case of those gentlemen of advanced years, who, despite being quite able to work may have gained the odd stiff joint, or dodgy back muscle or what have you, these rules will force these fellows to sit, and then stand again. These moments are the most dangerous for those with re occurring injuries and chronic muscle and joint pain.

Also, in the event that a gentleman is working very hard at his job, and keeps the midnight oil burning so to speak, he will normally be able to go about his lavatorial business standing up, remaining on his feet, and thusly remain in a position to move whatever projects he may be involved in, forward along the conveyor of progress. There is a very real possibility that in the case of very hard working gentlefolk, being forced to sit down to pee may in fact cause them to fall asleep, or at least take much more time than they needed to do the deed, reducing thier efficiency as employees, and the amount of time they spend bent to their tasks.

The idea is utterly without merit, and is not worth the time that has been spent on it by Swedish policy makers.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Swedes must have horrible aim?

Honestly, sometimes lawmakers and those in office really have nothing better to do. They must blankly stare at white walls all day conjuring useless new laws and ways to interfere in the average 'Joe's' life in every way.

I can see it now. This guy must be thinking to himself "once I pass this heroic law mandating pee positions, I can then focus on mandatory nipple clamps"

This day and age, nothing surprises me anymore

edit on 15-6-2012 by Goldcurrent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Sounds exactly like South Park season 16 episode 1 a.k.a "Reverse Cowgirl". Funny stuff.

It raises the question: How on earth are they going to enforce it?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
LOLWUT

Poor Swedish men, next thing you know they're going to be taught as children to always wipe their manginas from front to back.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
I have a feeling this guy will not be on the council for too much longer.

The best thing I have read all day.

Snf

You mean he won't have a seat on the council. He'll have to stand.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Proper use of the three seashells.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

That was just awful.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by leosnake

Sqwhat ? No way.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

Well said. Kind of makes you think that if you worked there, you would learn to pee whilst standing on your head, just to prove a point!

Definite case of bureaucracy interfering too much, whatever the intentions.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
Sounds exactly like South Park season 16 episode 1 a.k.a "Reverse Cowgirl". Funny stuff.

It raises the question: How on earth are they going to enforce it?

Well of course we will have to install security cameras in all public restrooms. Remember, safety is always more important than the right to privacy.

It is funny how the South Park episode mirrors this. If you don't use the toilet safely, your gonna get fined. Probably build a ticket machine right next to the toilet paper. Oh how I would love to take that ticket and put it to good use.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
There is relevant section preventing women from "hovering" and no building of toilet paper "cushions", isn't there?

I mean if we must be fair and restrictive on public bathroom habits, by order of law, then let us be 100% after all.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by leosnake

They are gotta be taking the piss

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Sad to see Sweden is in full destruct mode, this is symptomatic of a disease amongst the elites, it had so much promise for so long

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Well they do say that the size of "it" is the main factor in how well a man can aim, so it says a lot about the guy behind this law, or maybe we should remember that the winters are very cold there (:

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join