It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The town of herald gets swarmed by locusts.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
A town that so happens to be called herald has been swarmed by locusts that they say is...... of biblical proportions. End times a comin? I think so.

abclocal.go.com.../state&id=8700329

Just how many? Some would say they're biblical proportions. "At least 5 million of them," said Campbell. "It said on the Internet when we started looking, that between 50-65 per square yard is a severe outbreak. If you stand in my backyard, I've got about 5,000 per square yard," said Campbell.

edit on 15-6-2012 by vaelamin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by vaelamin

Sometimes, biblical prophecies are fulfilled.
But other times, locusts happen.

Also, the Beirut river turned red because dye was illegally dumped into it. I don't believe in coincidence, but I do believe in stuff just happening. There will be no end.
edit on 1/7/12 by Avalessa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Avalessa

some japanese river turned red because of dead anchovies.

Its going down women its going down. atleast something is.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

I'm afraid I'm not seeing your point. I don't believe in the teachings of the bible, so none of this connects.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
oh your an aethiest. well i guess theoreticly the elites of the world could be using biblical prophecys to controll the masses. Which is strange becuase most of the religous masses dont want to talk about the end times. But i mean you know that could probably be the logical. Only science will tell. aethiesticly speaking of course. Biblicaly the world might end from Gods wrath. '

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Actually I'm not an atheist. I'm a Wiccan, so I have multiple gods and a different understanding of the planet. I just see no reason to believe the world is ending because the bible said so because it has been edited countless times.
edit on 1/7/12 by Avalessa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
So, my back porch was swarmed at one point by a group of Japanese Beetles [Shiny green]. The town will survive. Locust have to go some where. Maybe if they stop plowing down mother nature they wouldn't be migrating else where. Just a thought.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I get mass amounts of mosquitos and spiders thanks to my swamp land.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
wretchedharmony-lina.deviantart.com...

Looked more like a scarab beetle.

It was actually kind of weird. There was literally hundreds of them, camped out on the porch. Never seen so many before.

Next day there were all gone. Like they were never there.

I haven't seen them since that day either.
edit on 15-6-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
It would be the end of me if one landed on me and I threw myself over a cliff trying to get it off.

I am not sure it would signal the beginning of the end, but I believe it has started before now even without the locusts. Thanks for this though, as I do like to keep my eyes peeled.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Locusts don't mean it's the end. Every so many years we get massive swarms of them. I remember when I was a kid riding my bike down the street with a constant crunching sound because the street, along with everything else, was covered in locusts. Many years later my own children got to experience a locust swarm as we were crossing a dam to get to our camping spot. We had to stop in the middle of the bridge because you couldn't see and we were afraid of the windshield being broken because they were hitting so hard. The swarm covered the entire width of the river. It's just part of nature's cycle.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Locusts are bad because they eat everything that ain't nailed down and even then they may try to eat the nails too. Just wait till it starts raining frogs.

top topics

join