It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN: U.S. military completes planning for Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

CNN: U.S. military completes planning for Syria

security.blogs.cnn.com

The U.S. military has completed its own planning for how American troops would conduct a variety of operations against Syria, or to assist neighboring countries in the event action was ordered, officials tell CNN.

In recent weeks, the Pentagon has finalized its assessment of what types of units would be needed, how many troops, and even the cost of certain potential operations, officials tell CNN.

The military planning includes a scenario for a no-fly zone as well as protecting chemical and biological sites. Officials say all the scenarios would be difficult to enact and involve large nu
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 15-6-2012 by seenavv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Who couldn't see this coming?
While they have not announced they are going to attack Syria, inevitably that is where the situation is headed. They don't waste all the time and resources to plan like this for #s and giggles. They are preparing for war, and its only a matter of time before it is officially ordered by the white house
It would America's 4 war in the past decade and 2nd started by the Obama administration

security.blogs.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related news article:
www.infowars.com...
edit on 15-6-2012 by seenavv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by seenavv

I guess the mods should start a US vs Syria/China/Russia forum, because every day I come on here there are 2-3 new threads on this "upcoming" war.......

I'm starting to wonder if everyone wants this war because its the only thing people can talk about today...

Now to your topic... I have zero problem with planning, I feel countries/militaries should ALWAYS have plans for any and all scenarios out there today. A country that isnt prepared for ALL scenarios will likely be the one folding.... I just hope all this "planning" leads to conversations with opposing forces so nobody has to lose a life in battle... Everyone should be praying to whatever god/spirit they pray to that this conflict doesnt happen, if it does, I see this turning very very bad, nuclear war bad...

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by seenavv

The comments dont look very supportive of that operation, expect two people on there tends to be sounding War mongerish.

Also the thread was already posted.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by seenavv

Well.. they do make plans like this for "no reason" really. They make plans for every situation. Like their plans to attack Canada and their plan for taking on Great Brittain.

However it is safe to say it is much more likely and possible that we will go to Syria. We are already funding rebels there just as we did in Libya.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
It's the same rhetoric we hear before Iraq in '03 and Libya. I wouldn't be surprised if the do something soon but I think they will wait until the election. Or wait until the brutality of the Syrian public "appears" so bad that even the US public will support the action.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by seenavv

we need another war

new topics

top topics

join