It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

REALITY CHECK: Rand Paul and Why He Endorsed Mitt Romney For President

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Ben Swann Reality Check talks one on one with Senator Rand Paul about his endorsement of Mitt Romney for President.

It's pretty straight forward and basic. He supports his party. (Even though his father is his primary choice, he "endorses" Romey and I understand)

As he also mentions, he welcomes (of course) Libertarians to the table as the GOP should........
It's there way in.

Great interview.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Yeah man! Big up...you support that party Rand. Maybe you'll get into neo-con heaven or the bohemian grove.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Supporting a Warmonger makes you a Warmonger too ..

Screw morality when there is profit to be made ....

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

"I'm a Republican in good standing."

-Rand Paul

To me, this speaks to the corruption of the Party. Imagine a selection of people chosen as elected representatives from any number of voting districts across the country. That these elected people must comply with the Parties agenda, whether they agree or disagree. If they do not comply with the parties efforts, they cannot function properly as representatives of their people. The whole Republican party will invalidate the efforts of an elected person whom goes against their wishes, to hell with the people whom elected them and their wishes.

Rand Paul sold out in my opinion. He has joined the ranks of followers and will garner no support from me in the future. He has chosen to support the establishment to gain a voice at a table. Many such individuals throughout time have also sold out their own values to a group, so that they might garner respect or power.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I've looked into Rand in the past, and he isn't even a shadow of what his father is.

He is, for the most part, just like all the other politicians out there. Now he is posturing, something Ron Paul doesn't do. He is also pandering, something else Ron Paul doesn't do.

Just because Rand has the name "Paul" attached to him doesn't make him any better of a potential president or anything else. The only connection these two men have is blood, not politics. Has anyone else noticed how many times here on ATS members have tried to attack Ron Paul by mentioning things that his son, Rand, has done? As if somehow Rand's politics are the same as Ron's.

It's really quite a shame. Rand had a great potential teacher in his father, but it looks like he went the other way. Ron Paul is getting old, and will only be around for so much longer. It would have been nice if his son could have picked up his mantle, but unfortunately it doesn't appear that will happen.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
reply to post by CALGARIAN

"I'm a Republican in good standing."

-Rand Paul

To me, this speaks to the corruption of the Party. Imagine a selection of people chosen as elected representatives from any number of voting districts across the country. That these elected people must comply with the Parties agenda, whether they agree or disagree. If they do not comply with the parties efforts, they cannot function properly as representatives of their people. The whole Republican party will invalidate the efforts of an elected person whom goes against their wishes, to hell with the people whom elected them and their wishes.

Rand Paul sold out in my opinion. He has joined the ranks of followers and will garner no support from me in the future. He has chosen to support the establishment to gain a voice at a table. Many such individuals throughout time have also sold out their own values to a group, so that they might garner respect or power.

The people have voiced their opinion, they chose Romney over Paul. Or does the wish of the people only count when it supports your ideology?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

reply to post by OccamsRazor04

So do you honestly expect people who support the ideas of reducing government ending the wars and reigning in the banks to support a warmonger and a wall street puppet like Romney or Obama ?

Gary Johnson gets my vote ...and probably a large percentage of Paul ex supporters .

If the Will of the People wants you to jump off a cliff you probably would ...but dont expect those who can still think and have a sense of morality to follow you .

TO HELL WITH PARTY POLITICS !!!!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

The people don't support Romney, they just came out of their four year hibernation, voted for who the media told them to, and after November they will go back to sleep for another four years. They actually supported every single candidate but Romney. Whichever one the media pushed for the month. The media seriously showed their influence by changing the publics mind quick and concisely every month. It was embarrassing and sickening. Like a person swinging a treat different directions and watching a dog follow it. Every candidate had the support over Romney for a month. They kept rotating them so they could keep Paul out of the lime light. They almost lost it.. right before the first primary in Iowa Paul was in the lead and the media did a last ditch two day push for Santorum and Santorum supposedly took it (even though in reality Paul probably took the popular vote and DID eventualyl win the state) and that set the tone and was a crushing blow to Paul's campaign.

You have to understand that the majority of people are stupid. They didn't choose Romney, they voted for him. He has absolutely NO plan for the future. What will he do? Does anyone know? They don't even tell us anymore. Only Ron Paul talked about what he would do, the rest just talk bad about whoever they are running against.

No the people did not choose Romney. The media chose Romney and the ignorant masses voted for the name they heard the most. That is why democracy doesn't work and we are supposed to be a republic. We are the informed and intelligent trapped in the middle of a tug of war between two giant group of stupid people going back and forth between their parties thinking that it makes a difference. I guess you are pulling on the right side. We need an ideological revolution.. Ron Paul was what America needed and wanted. Unfortunately Fox news and fools made everyone believe that Romney stood for similar things. You can lay out every single point of Ron Paul's to a republican and they will agree and say they support it and the constitution and then ask who they are gonna vote for and they will say "uh huh Mitt Romney."

It benefits the government to have a stupid country because when the majority of voters are stupid they are easy to convince and they can elect a president.

Tell me do you think it's right that ten million ignorant people that have no idea what the country needs or even what is good for them should pick the president versus one million people that are trying to do the best for everyone and understand what the country needs and understands what bad things the other candidate will do?

Is that what you want really?
edit on 15-6-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by R0CR13

Vote Paul.
I will be voting Johnson with you next election, but Paul is still in the race and we need the largest portion of people voting for him that we can if he runs third party.

Johnson has no chance this year. If he really had a chance I would consider him he's pretty awesome.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

...does the wish of the people only count when it supports your ideology?

I do not endorse those who advocate for things counter to my ideologies. I do not vote for nor support them either.

edit on 15-6-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by R0CR13

So do you honestly expect people who support the ideas of reducing government ending the wars and reigning in the banks to support a warmonger and a wall street puppet like Romney or Obama ?

Gary Johnson gets my vote ...and probably a large percentage of Paul ex supporters .

If the Will of the People wants you to jump off a cliff you probably would ...but dont expect those who can still think and have a sense of morality to follow you .

TO HELL WITH PARTY POLITICS !!!!

So what is it then. Is it we need to follow the will of the people, or is it we know better and the people need to do what I say is good for them? You RP people keep changing the story.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

The people don't support Romney, they just came out of their four year hibernation, voted for who the media told them to, and after November they will go back to sleep for another four years.

So even though they voted for him, you know who they really like, gotcha. So we are NOT suppose to follow their vote like you previously suggested, we are suppose to tell them who they like and ignore their vote. So glad you have no power.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

...does the wish of the people only count when it supports your ideology?

I do not endorse those who advocate for things counter to my ideologies. I do not vote for nor support them either.

edit on 15-6-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

That is your personal opinion and prerogoative. The majority of the people have endorsed Romney, thus he is the nominee. Unless you think your minority ideologies should be forced on the majority.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Well, its clear that Rand is obviously a backer of SELL-OUT CORRUPTED TRAITOR types. Typical POLITICIAN scum.

Quite different from his father INDEED.

edit on 15-6-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
In other words, he sold out to better his career. People with a brain in their head don't buy into the Democrats vs Republicans bullcrap. He's either a moron (which I know he's not) or he sold out. There's your reality check.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Rand Paul is not his father....never was. That's apparent.

Anyone who throws their support behind someone who is completely bought banks has no credibility....ZERO.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by R0CR13

Um should I support the side that is a bunch of lying warmongers or the blatant ones? See, in our 2 party system, that's really all we have at the national level. I can protest-vote, but that's about it.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Why is it so hard to understand ?
The whole issue is NOT about Ron Paul , it is the CAUSE, THE MOVEMENT.
Should Ron Fail as many hope he does, will the cause end there ?
No ! The cause has suceeded, people are stepping up. Freedom fighters have won key position in several GOP state committees, a group of lawyers have stepped up for the CAUSE to represent ALL delegates, and to see that the courts enforce not only the GOPs own rules but the law of the land, THE FREEDOM OF CHOICE .
By people stepping up to partisipate , proves that people believe in the cause and support it, wether Ron Paul suceeds is not the issue, the cause WILL move forward and TPTB know that and killing Ron Paul will only strengthen the cause.
Ron Paul has several options to choose from at this point, so until he steps up and addresses the issues and rumors any discussion is moot. Any discussion is based on speculation and opinions.

As far as Rand Paul by endorsing Mittens, many people on both sides fail to see the real fact is Rand Paul has positioned himself, in a positive light in the GOP , while the party IS fracturing and breaking apart.
The main focus is the GOP convention, selecting a candidate and the presidential election, not where Rand Paul stand on the issues. Now is not the time for Rand Paul to step into the lime light and draw attention.
Wether Ron Paul wins is a separate issue from Rand Pauls positioning himself within the GOP, the real issue is the progress of the movement. Win or lose the election the movement in now not a fringe group but active members within the GOP and Rand Paul is a member in good standing. The movement has already suceeded and will move forward.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I'm a huge Paul supporter, Donated and helped the campaign.

It's over and I knew it, I'll be voting Romney.

I don't support the two party system, but I'd rather have Romney in office because he is white.

I'm sick of the race card. When this tyrant in office gets any opposition, they claim the oppositions opinion is only based on racism. There is no doubt Romney will continue the tyrannical reign, but at least legit voices of opposition can speak without being called a racist.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by xstealth
I don't support the two party system, but I'd rather have Romney in office because he is white.

Excuse me?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join