It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blame Bush:

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Nice thread, I think USA would be better off with Bush president for another 10 years. Instead of this imposter american that is doing nothing but trying to end america. Obama has almost trippled our annual defecit, yet people still support him and people still don't see that all he is doing is destroying our country. Then when someone calls obama out all he has to do is say I inherited this mess don't look at me. Yeah right you retard (Obamer), is Bush president right now...no hes not so your to blame. Obama is a coward that is afraid to admit he is wrong.
edit on 15-6-2012 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by travisirius

Yeah, after the bush years, there was absolutely no way whatsoever that the GOP could possibly, even for a moment think they had any chance in hades of winning the election. They sent McCain out as a "sacrifice", knowing he couldn't win due to the R by his name. Whoever the democrats chose as their candidate would become the next president. The GOP used that idea and made sure Obama beat Hillary knowing they could do more to undermine him than they could to undermine her and they would actually have a better chance in the upcoming election if they were able to do it effectively.
They had to put all the effort they had into causing as much uproar as possible to get people's mind off the horrendous job bush did by focusing on so many different issues all at the same time that their minds would go into information overload. That was the ONLY hope they had of not completely disappearing as a political party after the bush fiasco. The tea party was actually in line to replace the GOP so they infiltrated it and sabotaged it from within. In the beginning, the tea party was very much libertarian as opposed to fundamental conservative.
The GOP had to set the stage to keep from being destroyed. They put a LOT of work into it.

1. Get Obama chosen as the democratic candidate. This ensured the racist groups would support the GOP.
2. Insinuate Obama is muslim. This ensured the fundamentalists would support the GOP.
3. Get McCain as the republican candidate. This ensured the support of the military and veterans groups.
4. Palin as VP. This cemented the support of the evangelicals as well as took the spotlight off other things going on.
5. Encourage those evangelicals to join the tea party using Palin as their "guide". This kept the libertarians from gaining a foothold that could replace them as the second party
6. Sacrifice McCain/Palin in the election and start grooming their next candidate
7. Set up every possible media blitz they could muster against everything Obama does in his administration
8. Continue with 1 and 2 for the racists and fundamentalists
9. Put Gingrich in the race to cause enough "circus antics" to ensure Romney is seen as the least controversial candidate. They knew there would be opposition to Romney due to the dislike of Mormonism by the evangelicals, but they had already taken care of that by labeling Obama a muslim. The evangelicals would choose the lesser of the two "evils" in their minds
10. Keep the economy in as much upheaval as possible to keep people "angry".

They didn't count on Ron Paul having such a good showing and he almost thwarted their plan completely. They can't control Ron Paul, they can't even begin to. So, they encouraged him to run for the republican nomination to keep the tea party from sliding back to the libertarian side over the extreme conservative side then set him up to fail (and almost didn't pull it off)

Look for Romney to ask Ron Paul to be his running mate. It's the only way they'll be able to keep him from being a 3rd party candidate and possibly stealing the election. Due to his popularity, it may help them to overcome the support for Obama and get the election. It will all hinge on what Ron Paul's decision is. If he's not the VP pick and runs as a third party, Obama will win the election because he'll split the GOP vote and not enough of the libertarians will split off the democrat side from Obama because Paul was part of the GOP primary and they still have a bad taste in their mouth due to bush.

Watch the progress over the next month or so and see if there isn't a request reported for Paul to be Romney's running mate.... his own son helped the mix by giving his support to Romney before his dad even officially dropped out of the nomination race.

You wanted a conspiracy, there's your conspiracy.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

You do realize he had the lowest approval rating of any pResident in the entire history of the United States don't you? That's not the case with Obama, the only ones that truely hate him are the extreme right wing and they don't make up a majority. Even bush's own supporters turned against him. Less than 24% of the population still supported him at the end of the his reign of terror, and with good reason. Only about 12% of those strongly supported him, the other 12% were supportive due to party afffiliations, not affiliations to him.
It's amazing how much can be forgotten in only 4 years time......we recover, then we forget what we learned while we were at the lowest of lows.

A political prediction for you.... look for an investigation to be announced into the Iraq War and whether we were justified or not or look for one of the 911 conspiracies to gain national attention in the next couple of months to bring those memories back to the front of our minds.... that'll be a conspiracy instituted by the democratic party in opposition to the one going on with the GOP. Both parties are guilty of horrible, horrible things

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Originally posted by xuenchen

so, according to the extreme right winged trolls, everything that happened to bush was Clinton's fault and everything that happens to Obama is his own fault and bush is just totally blameless....yup, definite trolls

... no offense to the right leaning friends I have who actually have brains

What exactly did Bush do ??

details please.

was it economics ?

If so, What ?

And why didn't Obama fix it all (whatever it is) ?

There's actually a very good video that can answer that question better than I can. It's a bit "risque" for the message boards due to coarse langauge. Go to youtube and search "Clinton got a bl*wj*b" (buy a vowel to replace the *) ... it gives a very good synopsis, less than 5 minutes long

you are a master of obvious deflection !!

You have learned the Saul Alinsky lessons well.

I will assume you agree that what Bush never did was not his fault.

And I will assume you agree that everything Obama has done (and he's not finished either) is Obama's fault.

You must be a secret Obama supporter

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

you are a master of obvious deflection !!

You have learned the Saul Alinsky lessons well.

I will assume you agree that what Bush never did was not his fault.

And I will assume you agree that everything Obama has done (and he's not finished either) is Obama's fault.

You must be a secret Obama supporter

Nope, you really aren't paying attention very well.....
The things that happened during bush's administration were bush's fault, HE screwed up, HE sucked, HE was horrendous!!! However, he blamed Clinton for everything that went wrong for 8 solid years and some of us actually remember that because we didn't get our brains washed by the media blitz and overload.
Obama was handed an economy that had crashed. Instead of picking up the pieces, he continued screwing things up and it kept going downhill. The ultimate blame for things gone wrong under Obama's watch goes to Obama. However, due to bush blaming Clinton for 8 years, those harping on Obama who happened to defend and agree with bush are being complete hypocrits and that's what I'm trying to get through your head.

The two posters from other ends of the political spectrum on here that I actually respect caught on to that very quickly, that's because they are intelligent and insightful and don't fall for the manipulations of any of the parties. I have a great deal of respect for them due to their ability to step away from the party-think and look at it as individuals. They know bush was to blame for what went on during his administration and they know that obama is to blame for what goes on in his administration. It's those who are too immersed in their party that are unable to see this.

I don't see Obama as "good" at all. I do, however, see him as "better" than bush, but still pretty lousy.
In the past 40 years, I would rank Clinton as number 1, Reagan as number 2.... at the bottom it would be bush as the absolute worse, Nixon as number 2 and Obama as number 3, surpassing even Carter who was a lousy president but one of the best ex-presidents we have ever had. The rest who served during that time fall somewhere in between.

Any opposition to Clinton always goes back to one thing and one thing only, he was a pervert...but that didn't affect his ability as a leader. If I went back further than 40 years, JFK would be at the top just below Clinton, he may have made it higher if he hadn't been shot.... he was a pervert too. In fact, Reagan was a pervert back in his prime, maybe that's a prerequisite for being a good POTUS.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I don't know how anybody who can defend Bush. When a president has not been accountable for a lie that took this country into war causing over 4 thousands young men and women to die and many more maimed for the rest of their lives is just unconscionable. Til this day, he and his cronies have not been held accountable. A lot of leaders in the free world turned their backs on his neocon foreign policies.

We can impeach a president who lied and tried to cover up an affair, but we look the other way when lives are sacrificed for oil and establishing a presence in the Middle East? Even when he was caught in a lie how many times did he change the mission to justify our illegal occupation in Iraq?

He spent billions of money for that illegal war and caused our economy to nose dive. His family was found to be involved in the Savings and Loan Scandal and Enron. He and Cheney gave their testimony about the worst attack on American soil in secret and not under oath. He's been given a free ride for his support in bailing out the banks, when he gave a press conference supporting it before Obama took office! I think what Clinton did was wrong, but what he did pales in comparison with what Bush did.

I know some of you posters are die hard conservatives, but lets call a duck a duck. Republican or Democrat, it's not like you're rooting for a football team. These leaders can send our young kids into harms way with a just a swipe of a pen, and blind support by people who wave their party flag.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Again, good deflection. You ARE good at it !!

I don't buy this video 100%, but some points are made to "merit" warnings.

Plus all that, I remember many warnings from 10 years ago. And I remember who ignored those warnings.

from YouTube caption:

The bush adminstration in 4/2001 raised red flags, the 2002 budget requests declares Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
"Potential problem.. and can cause strong repercussions in the financial markets"

In 2003 the White House upgraded the warning to a systemic risk that could spread beyond the housing sector.
John Snow Treasury Secretary called for Regulations & Supervision of GSE's.

Barney Frank (D-MA) denied there was any problem " Fannie Mac & Freddie Mare are not in Crisis"
Encouraging the government to do more to get low income families into homes, Ultimately blocking the regulation.

Allan Greenspan , 2/17/2005 spoke about the dangers of Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac "enabling these institutions to
increase in size -and they will once the crisis in their judgement passes-we are placing the total financial system of
the future at a substantial risk

Charles Schumer (D-NY) 4/6/2005 ..."I think Fannie & Freddie have done an incredibly good job, and are an intristic
part of making america the best housed people in the world....if you look over the last 20 or whatever yrs. Theyve
done a very, very good job.

McCain (R-AZ) 5/25/2006 For years I have been concerned about the regulatory structure that governs Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac...
and there sheer magnitude of these companies and the role they play in the housing market...the GSE's need to be reformed without delay."

That bill ( FEDERAL HOUSING ENTERPRISE REGULATORY REFORM ACT) made it out of the senate banking committee with a party line vote all the democrats voted against it.

Senator Obama did not weigh in on the bill

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Out of all the presidents in the last 40 years, bush was the only president that destroyed the economy to a ruthless point of no return, that is a blatant*FACT*...Period!

To really get technical, President Obama is actually the first president to have to come after 40 some other presidents failed policies AND UNHOLY, ungodly, evil, unjustified mistakes over the last 100 years. Therefore, who cares what people think who are not logical enough to understand that. ‘FAIL’ on logical thinking.

However, continue!

It’s Friday, and I need a laugh and understanding on what illogical THINKING looks like, ‘LMPAF’

good show
my popcorns popping
did i miss something
No,the illogical thinking movie is about to begin.
edit on 15-6-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
......Obama’s “fundamental error,” Westen said, was not blaming former President George W. Bush and conservative lawmakers early enough and often enough in his term for creating the country’s economic troubles before he got into office.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

The real fundamental error is that they don't even see the REAL fundamental error Obama has made. He pushed Obamacare when he should have been doing everything possible to create jobs.

It's the economy stupid......they still don't realize it.

Why is it when a Republican has the White House the rules magically change? Im dead serious. For years all I heard was how it wasn't the president's or the governments job to create employment.
Guess when you hate the president it's ok to crash the country by never allowing anything to pass, including a budget, complete with your favorite cuts, leading to a downgrade. Then and only then is it the President's job.
Check

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

On ATS it is like their favorite football team. Study this board, you'll see. You will see many threads where people who lean left, myself included will bash Obama on things they don't like. Obamacare and so forth. We don't like everything he does and many of us speak about it.

When you read things from the right it is always overwhelmingly in favor of everything. I have never seen any hardcore righty ever say anything negative about any republican. I have no idea why this is.

I tend to think it has to be linked to the ideological difference which is inherent in each class of thought. Being slanted left, one is more inclined to revisit certain ideas, whereas if you're conservative, your ideas are steadfast and never wrong. ??? No???

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
I don't know how anybody who can defend Bush. When a president has not been accountable for a lie that took this country into war causing over 4 thousands young men and women to die and many more maimed for the rest of their lives is just unconscionable. Til this day, he and his cronies have not been held accountable. A lot of leaders in the free world turned their backs on his neocon foreign policies.

We can impeach a president who lied and tried to cover up an affair, but we look the other way when lives are sacrificed for oil and establishing a presence in the Middle East? Even when he was caught in a lie how many times did he change the mission to justify our illegal occupation in Iraq?

He spent billions of money for that illegal war and caused our economy to nose dive. His family was found to be involved in the Savings and Loan Scandal and Enron. He and Cheney gave their testimony about the worst attack on American soil in secret and not under oath. He's been given a free ride for his support in bailing out the banks, when he gave a press conference supporting it before Obama took office! I think what Clinton did was wrong, but what he did pales in comparison with what Bush did.

I know some of you posters are die hard conservatives, but lets call a duck a duck. Republican or Democrat, it's not like you're rooting for a football team. These leaders can send our young kids into harms way with a just a swipe of a pen, and blind support by people who wave their party flag.

I completely agree. He almost destroyed the country in a matter of just 8 years.... and didn't even win the election either time!!

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain

On ATS it is like their favorite football team. Study this board, you'll see. You will see many threads where people who lean left, myself included will bash Obama on things they don't like. Obamacare and so forth. We don't like everything he does and many of us speak about it.

When you read things from the right it is always overwhelmingly in favor of everything. I have never seen any hardcore righty ever say anything negative about any republican. I have no idea why this is.

I tend to think it has to be linked to the ideological difference which is inherent in each class of thought. Being slanted left, one is more inclined to revisit certain ideas, whereas if you're conservative, your ideas are steadfast and never wrong. ??? No???

That may be the only factor that enables republicans to hold office from time to time. Those who lean left are critical of the leaders even if it's their own "party", but MANY (not all of course) of those who lean right will defend them to the death even when they know good and well that they're wrong. It's just beyond me why someone would do that and it makes me question their intelligence when they do.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

That may be the only factor that enables republicans to hold office from time to time. Those who lean left are critical of the leaders even if it's their own "party", but MANY (not all of course) of those who lean right will defend them to the death even when they know good and well that they're wrong. It's just beyond me why someone would do that and it makes me question their intelligence when they do.

You would be wrong assuming the conservatives are not questioning Romney. They do and it's in the news. He is just not a likeable candidate in many opinions but they look at voting for him as the lesser of two evils.

I think that's a shame. If you're voting for the lesser of two evils...well, you're still voting for evil aren't ya. Ohio doesn't allow write ins so I'll be voting RP if he is on the ballot, or someone else who doesn't have a chance if he's not.

I refuse to vote for someone I disagree with vehemently.

ZOMBIE REAGAN 2012!

I like your conspiracy theory as well. I have one that considers the GOP putting Obama in office and causing such a rukus that the Democrats don’t see office in any numbers for a while.
edit on 16-6-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
......Obama’s “fundamental error,” Westen said, was not blaming former President George W. Bush and conservative lawmakers early enough and often enough in his term for creating the country’s economic troubles before he got into office.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

The real fundamental error is that they don't even see the REAL fundamental error Obama has made. He pushed Obamacare when he should have been doing everything possible to create jobs.

It's the economy stupid......they still don't realize it.

Why is it when a Republican has the White House the rules magically change? Im dead serious. For years all I heard was how it wasn't the president's or the governments job to create employment.
Guess when you hate the president it's ok to crash the country by never allowing anything to pass, including a budget, complete with your favorite cuts, leading to a downgrade. Then and only then is it the President's job.
Check

Its not the Presidents job to create jobs, its their job to get out of the way of job creation. Obama hindered job creation significantly. When you create an air of uncertainty over regulations etc.. businesses will hold on to their nest egg longer.

Corporations had 1.5 trillion at the start of 2008.
Corporations had 2.2 trillion at the start of 2012.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
It's tradition to blame the president before you for everything.. Like how Reagan blamed Carter for everything for eight straight years. Look at how much Bush complained about Clinton.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

You would be wrong assuming the conservatives are not questioning Romney. They do and it's in the news. He is just not a likeable candidate in many opinions but they look at voting for him as the lesser of two evils.

I think that's a shame. If you're voting for the lesser of two evils...well, you're still voting for evil aren't ya. Ohio doesn't allow write ins so I'll be voting RP if he is on the ballot, or someone else who doesn't have a chance if he's not.

I refuse to vote for someone I disagree with vehemently.

ZOMBIE REAGAN 2012!

I like your conspiracy theory as well. I have one that considers the GOP putting Obama in office and causing such a rukus that the Democrats don’t see office in any numbers for a while.
edit on 16-6-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

I'm thinking ...actually somewhat seriously at this point...of voting for Roseanne Barr, there was some story about her being on the ballot and we already know she's nuts and accepts it.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
You hear this a lot from braindead Obama supporters. Bush signed the Patriot Act, bush created huge amounts of debt, Bush is a mass murderer. blah blah. Diarrhea from the mouth.

But guess what!

Obama has done the same things, just with more spice!

Obama EXTENDED the Patriot Act. Obama doubled Bush's debt (imaginary number anyway) and were still in Afghanistan!

Honestly, if I hear one more time that national defense is an excuse for NDAA I might just have to strangle one of them, or myself.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kang69
You hear this a lot from braindead Obama supporters. Bush signed the Patriot Act, bush created huge amounts of debt, Bush is a mass murderer. blah blah. Diarrhea from the mouth.

But guess what!

Obama has done the same things, just with more spice!

Obama EXTENDED the Patriot Act. Obama doubled Bush's debt (imaginary number anyway) and were still in Afghanistan!

Honestly, if I hear one more time that national defense is an excuse for NDAA I might just have to strangle one of them, or myself.

You're not getting it.... We can't blame Obama for anything until the next president comes into office, that's the way it works ya know... It's a "tradition"

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

This is about the gist of the way things are.....

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join