It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blame Bush:

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Reel to Reel? Reminds me of the Nixonian days...ah, good times. What has happened to journalism since then?

Wait…don’t tell me as I think I know.

And as for the 8-track, listening to the POTUS give a speech and when he lose his place is akin to when the music would suddenly fade out , and then, KA-CHUNCK!, pick up where it left off. That always irritated me.

I’ve always been taught that when speaking publicly, um’s and uh’s where forbidden as it made you look unprepared.

Obama has been doing this for three years now and he still strikes me as a well intentioned amateur. But that's the point, he doesn't have the luxury of OJT now does he?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
For me this is all part of the dog and pony show of Politics.

First off there is PLENTY that Obama can push off as being Bush's fault. Plenty. There is no denying that at all unless you wore blinders during the Bush years.

The problem with this however, the way I see it, is that Obama did nothing but continue many of Bush's policies.

So can he blame Bush? Yes

Did Obama do anything to turn things around? No.. he continued the policies of his predecessor.

Will anything change if Obama is reelected or if Romney takes Office? Absolutely not. I predict that regardless of who wins this election, we will see a continuation of the same policies. I bet my left testicle on it.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

First off there is PLENTY that Obama can push off as being Bush's fault. Plenty. There is no denying that at all unless you wore blinders during the Bush years.

The problem with this however, the way I see it, is that Obama did nothing but continue many of Bush's policies.

Did Obama do anything to turn things around? No.. he continued the policies of his predecessor.

Will anything change if Obama is reelected or if Romney takes Office? Absolutely not. I predict that regardless of who wins this election, we will see a continuation of the same policies. I bet my left testicle on it.

I'll see your left testicle and raise you both of mine as well.

WAIT! I fold. I see where you are coming from.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Originally posted by MrWendal

I'll see your left testicle and raise you both of mine as well.

WAIT! I fold. I see where you are coming from.

LMAO!!! You guys are killing me.....very enjoyable reading.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
This is a great thread.. lol

The truth is it all started with Reagon!

We were going the other direction before Reagon.. Clinton did something right as he turned things around, but it didn't last long.. so who is to blame.. Reagon, Bush, Bush, Obama..

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Thank God someone made another pro-conservative masturbation thread!

Guess what - both of them suck and it's not helping anyone by blaming Obama for blaming Bush for ruining the economy and our lives.

I'm a college graduate with a crap job, if anyone should be all up in arms and looking to blame someone about the economy it's me. But instead I take responsibility that I'm not in a better position, just like we all should be doing.

And if you don't like the president....why don't you do something about it, or better yet, run next election instead of sitting on the internet and whining like an invalid that all your problems are the big bad president's fault.
edit on 15-6-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

so you're agreeing that the big mess bush made was bush's fault not Clinton's right?

Care to explain how Clinton's housing bubble is Bush fault? Especially since both Bush and Republicans warned against giving out loans to low in come people who couldn't afford them? You know Obama protests bankers homes with ACORN as a senator in order to pressure banks in to giving those loans? Again, how is that Bush's fault?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by FractalChaos13242017

The REAL fundamental error that you made, is attributing the power to create jobs to the President. The fundamental principal that should be adopted is that Government doesn't create jobs, it generally only gets in the way of their creation.

You don't see what I'm trying to say I guess. Obama misplaced his priorities in the middle of one of the worst recessions we have had. Jobs should have been his priority #1,#2 and #3, not temporary govt created ones, not healthcare, but setting the conditions to allow small and medium businesses to thrive. If anything, he made it harder for those businesses. Presidents and Congress can setup the conditions to allow businesses to create more jobs, this President hasn't done that.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson

so you're agreeing that the big mess bush made was bush's fault not Clinton's right?

Care to explain how Clinton's housing bubble is Bush fault? Especially since both Bush and Republicans warned against giving out loans to low in come people who couldn't afford them? You know Obama protests bankers homes with ACORN as a senator in order to pressure banks in to giving those loans? Again, how is that Bush's fault?

I'll explain it to you as soon as you explain to me how a liars loan forces AIG to lobby for relaxed capital requirements and go into 10:1 leverage.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson

hmmmm... Clinton left office in 2000...the bubble was in 2006..... he hadn't been in office for 6 years......
OHHHH and psssst, the POTUS doens't control housing or bank loans!!! DUHHH

Want to explain how the Iraq War as Clinton's fault????

Apparently you aren't bright enough to get it. If you aren't willing to put bush's blame on bush, you can't put Obama's blame on Obama. It's one or the other, you can't have both.

bush was the dumbest, most useless, pathetic, ignorant, moronic piece of Texas scat that ever sat foot in the white house... Obama is number 2 and Clinton was perhaps the best POTUS we ever had. Man up, admit bush stank and was responsible for his own administrations issues and move forward if you want to put the issues now onto Obama, otherwise you have to wait four more years and give Obama the credit/blame for whever is in office after him to get responsibility/blame for.

I like putting the responsibility where it belongs. Bush S U C K E D, Obama sucks too, just to a lesser extent.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

hmmmm... Clinton left office in 2000...the bubble was in 2006..... he hadn't been in office for 6 years......
OHHHH and psssst, the POTUS doens't control housing or bank loans!!! DUHHH

A big part of his administration was forcing banks to give out loans so "low income people could own homes too". How do you not know this? Were you just a kid back then?

blogs.wsj.com...

Edward Pinto, a mortgage-industry consultant who was the chief credit officer at Fannie Mae in the late 1980s, argued in a WSJ op-ed essay Friday that “most agree that the housing bubble started in 1997.”

I asked Mr. Pinto why he chose 1997. He pointed to a chart of long-term home prices patched together by Robert Shiller, a Yale economist. The chart shows inflation-adjusted house prices starting to move up sharply in the late 1990s.

Mr. Pinto believes misguided government efforts to promote homeownership were largely to blame for the bubble. He particularly points to the 1992 legislation that required the government-backed mortgage investors Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to guarantee more loans for people with shaky credit and an inability to make substantial down payments. That legislation also created a weak regulator for Fannie and Freddie.

funny how you don't read Clinton's name in there, even though it was his policy. Typical media diversions to protect their Democrats.

Want to explain how the Iraq War as Clinton's fault????

It wasn't ALL his fault, but he AND his wife had their part. Bush wasn't a dictator. he got in to Iraq with the help of congress and passionate arguments in favor by people like Hillary Clinton. You know, Bush just used the argument that Clinton had been using for regime change for years, right? It was Clinton who made regime change in Iraq US policy. Sure, Bush is the one who took us to war, but that war had been in the making for a decade.

Apparently you aren't bright enough to get it. If you aren't willing to put bush's blame on bush, you can't put Obama's blame on Obama. It's one or the other, you can't have both.

You're the one trying to have it both ways, not me. Also, I have an IQ of 126. That's hardly slow. I realize you only recourse is insults though, since you either don't know recent history or are too lazy to learn about it.

bush was the dumbest, most useless, pathetic, ignorant, moronic piece of Texas scat that ever sat foot in the white house

Based on what exactly? Constant MSM bashing? The exaggeration of every gaffe made? notice how when Obama makes gaffes they are either not reported or just dismissed as meaningless? You feel for propaganda. Aren't you smart.

Obama is number 2 and Clinton was perhaps the best POTUS we ever had.

Hardly. He started a war with Islamic extremists that Bush inherited. He created the housing a tech bubble which Bush also inherited. He also let lots of secrets go to China, which has come back to bite us. He also sexually harassed women and then lied about it during an investigation, which isn't very presidential.

He DID get lucky and severed during a time of good economic prosperity, which if you listen to Obama and the MSM, has nothing to do with the president.

I like putting the responsibility where it belongs. Bush S U C K E D, Obama sucks too, just to a lesser extent.

Only in your head bud.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Bush was an idiot, Obama is a smart man.
Surely a man of his intel should be able to fix the problems created by an idiot almost immediately, but he hasn't.

This means :
A- He is not as smart as we were led to believe.
B- Bush was much smarter than we were lead to believe.
C- He can't fix it
D- He has made things worse as a result.
E- All of the above.

All I know is if I were hired to fix the problems created by the last guy, how many times would I be allowed to blame the other guy?
Surely not 3 and a half years!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
It's not all of Bush's fault; but a huge portion is. Obama is as much to blame tho.

Let's get real now for a second. The 'real' blame should be directed towards their string masters. Let's focus our time and energy to where the true evil stems from and not just their puppet(s) on display. Remember, every puppet that gets into power looks like a NASCAR racer with the amount of sponsors they get from major banks/corporations which really run the show.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
I hate olives.

But

It has no bearing on todays political climate. Sorry buddy, not giving you a pass today.

Bush bad? Sure.

Obama's fault for the economy though.

I can't put 100% of it on Obama even though I'm not crazy about him. He didn't inherit a booming economy, he inherited one that had already crashed. He didn't do much to help it and may have even helped it keep on crashing, but we don't get to hit a reset button every four years.

YOu may not like him but your defending him pretty hard. By my count he has not even looked for a reset button. He is too busy pushing his agenda and giving money to programs that will never help the economy. You say he didnt so "much" to support the economy? Define much though because I dont know of anything he has done to help. Quite the opposite in my book.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Clinton was perhaps the best POTUS we ever had.

OH My GOD!! Seriously? Your talking about the guy that was impeached right? That clinton? The one that lied all the time, lied to a grand jury, lied to you and to me on National TV? The one screwing an intern in the oval office? That Clinton? You have got to be joking. He would not have even been elected had Ross Perot not ran as a 3rd Party. Clinton was a joke and when leaving the white house supposedly ripped out all of the phone jacks and removed all of the W's from the keyboards. Thats class right there. Saying he was the best ever is a complete insult to every president and no matter what you think of Bush, he got handed mess on 9/11 like no other president before him and that all by itself dealt a serious blow to this country. Had nothing to do with the president but I am sure glad that Al Gore wasnt in office when that happend.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson

.... and how exactly did those poor people force Wallstreet to buy their mortgages and doubletranche them?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
so, according to the extreme right winged trolls, everything that happened to bush was Clinton's fault and everything that happens to Obama is his own fault and bush is just totally blameless....yup, definite trolls

... no offense to the right leaning friends I have who actually have brains

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

so, according to the extreme right winged trolls, everything that happened to bush was Clinton's fault and everything that happens to Obama is his own fault and bush is just totally blameless....yup, definite trolls

What exactly did Bush do ??

details please.

was it economics ?

If so, What ?

And why didn't Obama fix it all (whatever it is) ?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson

Yeah, buddy, I can tell you how the housing bubble is Bush & the Republicons fault! The Republican Congress & the REPUBLICAN Senate passed a bill constructed by MCCain & his buddy Phil Graham and repeal Glass-Steagall Act that protected all of us from predators on Wall street. Clinton signed it (Republicans all around) but what else is he going to do? Of course it's understood>wink,wink> that the next Pres would be vigilant enough to spot trouble in the markets since they've been set as free as piranha at spring break but who's the next Pres?
The dumbfound¥ck!ng a$$h013 everyone has forgot was the biggest f¥k#up in the history of leadership that couldn't regongnize 9/11 was on the horizon(or he let it happen, whichever you prefer but it doesn't help his case, the Republicans case or anyone thinking about voting Republican again!!!!!!).
Blame Bush? I knew this was coming 4 years ago. Some of you aren't even politically aware when Bush brought up Clinton so much the Simpsons had Homer cussing at his car and blaming Clinton.
Only people making posts deflecting from Bush think he's an OK guy.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

What exactly did Bush do ??

details please.

was it economics ?

If so, What ?

And why didn't Obama fix it all (whatever it is) ?

There's actually a very good video that can answer that question better than I can. It's a bit "risque" for the message boards due to coarse langauge. Go to youtube and search "Clinton got a bl*wj*b" (buy a vowel to replace the *) ... it gives a very good synopsis, less than 5 minutes long

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join