It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blame Bush:

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

(I'm repeating myself, but what he heck)

Imagine a fire. (Our economic woes)

Bush put a bucket of gasoline on the fire in hopes of puttingit out. (TARP et al)

Obama's idea is to use a bigger bucket!

Obama stinks.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Bush put a bucket of gasoline on the fire in hopes of puttingit out. (TARP et al)

Obama stinks.

I don't like him much either, I just like bush a lot less!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Obama stinks.

I don't like him much either, I just like bush a lot less!

I hate olives.

But

It has no bearing on todays political climate. Sorry buddy, not giving you a pass today.

Bush bad? Sure.

Obama's fault for the economy though.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Who knew Bush was still Potus?

Thats what the left has told me for 3 and half years.

Brightside after Romney wins even if he sucks he can blame Obama!!!!!

What have a problem with that?

Didn't have one for 4 years did ya?

so you're agreeing that the big mess bush made was bush's fault not Clinton's right?

No the mess was made long before Bush ever got into office by the people who have been in Washington for over 20 years.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

I was listening to Dennis Miller on the way from work and a caller came up with this little gem.

Since the POTUS has been harping on the mess he inherited for the past three years, it should be fair for Romney to say look at the mess he will inherit once he is elected. If you look at the comparisons, they are astounding.

To be truthful, I don’t like either choice…but all’s fair…ain’t it?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I hate olives.

But

It has no bearing on todays political climate. Sorry buddy, not giving you a pass today.

Bush bad? Sure.

I can't put 100% of it on Obama even though I'm not crazy about him. He didn't inherit a booming economy, he inherited one that had already crashed. He didn't do much to help it and may have even helped it keep on crashing, but we don't get to hit a reset button every four years.
There was a LOT on his plate. Granted, it was a plate he wasn't capable of handling, but this is not completely on him, it's also on the one who came before him who WAS handed a booming economy and flushed it down the toilet.
I'm 100% with you on him doing a lousy job and not taking care of things as well as he should, but it's a conglomeration of him and bush both, not just him by himself.
edit on 15-6-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by jjf3rd77

I was listening to Dennis Miller on the way from work and a caller came up with this little gem.

Since the POTUS has been harping on the mess he inherited for the past three years, it should be fair for Romney to say look at the mess he will inherit once he is elected. If you look at the comparisons, they are astounding.

To be truthful, I don’t like either choice…but all’s fair…ain’t it?

by that logic, Obama is completely justified in blaming bush because bush blamed Clinton for 8 years... You have to look at all sides of it. It's a progression, not a reset button.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
And look where it has gotten us...two intelligent posters blaming. What is even better is the blame is being levied upon a single person, when it took everyone from small town USA to upscale metropolitan USA to get to any of these points of when blame can be spread about.

Case in point: Nevada just had a day at the polls and a whopping estimated 21% of the voting public turned out. And then that trickles up (because this is where leaders are born; except we elect clowns)....

Failure begins with the People having no care to exercise their inherent political power and then turn around and cry woes-me!

Blame Bush, blame Obama, heck blame Clinton, Reagan, Carter, Ford, etc. etc. But blame Congress (what are their approval ratings at, is it even worth my time to look it up?), blame blame blame.

Maybe one day in my life time more than a handful of people will actually have the personal fortitude to see that they were the catalyst in the mess we see today as the American Political Blame Game.

ETA: I blame you all for my next to last adult beverage by the by
edit on 15-6-2012 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

I hate olives.

But

Bush bad? Sure.

I can't put 100% of it on Obama even though I'm not crazy about him. He didn't inherit a booming economy, he inherited one that had already crashed. He didn't do much to help it and may have even helped it keep on crashing, but we don't get to hit a reset button every four years.
There was a LOT on his plate. Granted, it was a plate he wasn't capable of handling, but this is not completely on him, it's also on the one who came before him who WAS handed a booming economy and flushed it down the toilet.
I'm 100% with you on him doing a lousy job and not taking care of things as well as he should, but it's a conglomeration of him and bush both, not just him by himself.

Obama wanted the job. He knew what he was getting in to. No sympathy, no pass. No excuses.

Obama needs a WHAAAmbulance.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Obama wanted the job. He knew what he was getting in to. No sympathy, no pass. No excuses.

Obama needs a WHAAAmbulance.

You accepted/admitted that bush sucked and I can admit the same for Obama. But still, it's a conglomeration with Obama being the responsible party at the moment. It doesn't excuse him at all, but it does give the perspective of him not completely crashing it all by himself. It was crashing when he got it, he just hasn't fixed it so it's staying crashed until we get somebody that can fix it.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

I do take responsibility though.

That's why I am active in my Tea Party group in trying to bring about change.

(please don't blame the economy on me though. I was out that week)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
And look where it has gotten us...two intelligent posters blaming. What is even better is the blame is being levied upon a single person, when it took everyone from small town USA to upscale metropolitan USA to get to any of these points of when blame can be spread about.

Case in point: Nevada just had a day at the polls and a whopping estimated 21% of the voting public turned out. And then that trickles up (because this is where leaders are born; except we elect clowns)....

Failure begins with the People having no care to exercise their inherent political power and then turn around and cry woes-me!

Blame Bush, blame Obama, heck blame Clinton, Reagan, Carter, Ford, etc. etc. But blame Congress (what are their approval ratings at, is it even worth my time to look it up?), blame blame blame.

Maybe one day in my life time more than a handful of people will actually have the personal fortitude to see that they were the catalyst in the mess we see today as the American Political Blame Game.

ETA: I blame you all for my next to last adult beverage by the by

Nah, we're just discussing, I can't fight with Beezer, I like him too much and know he has a brain

Make a good beverage!!! ... you could offer to share ya know!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

I heard Bush blame the Clinton Administration a couple of times. The Obama Admin repeats it like a broken record. ( Records: You know, those big black CDs the old folk used to play
)

If Obama thinks he can be re-elected by blame Bush again...he has another think coming. Especially since Romney is more like Obama than Bush was. Even the Dems are starting to second guess this strategy. It seems to be hurting them more often than not.

link   

. . . . . . . . so it's staying crashed until we get somebody that can fix it.

Bingo!
dingdngdingding

You win!

Now get a phonebook and a dart and pick the next president.

link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

I have a site you and beezer would both like very much. It's www.pollingreport.com it has all the political polls gathered together in one site and it's easy to keep up with all of them.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

. . . . . . . . so it's staying crashed until we get somebody that can fix it.

Bingo!
dingdngdingding

You win!

Now get a phonebook and a dart and pick the next president.

OK!! I pick HILLARY!!!

...with McCain as VP!

.... I'm lousy with darts so I'll just open it to her page and stick it in LOL

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Wasn't implying you two were bickering -- just pointing out its a back and forth of blame. Its like the "Blame Thrower" from Mystery Men -- just point and shot and let the blame begin!

Here is how I see it: The president (pick one, don't care) signs legislation into law is to blame. Legislatures are to blame because they created it. 17th Amendment is to blame because why have two Houses when they are esentially the same and all voted via the People directly. The People of their respective districts are to blame because they vote in the same clowns even though they are "disgusted" by the overall Congress (just not their guy who is bringing home the bacon). Further blame upon the People because they believe the only election to participate in is the election that doesn't matter if they do...the presidency.

See what I am getting at here?

If not its because I lost my bottle cap opener and just scared the cat half to death by opening it on the edge of the desk...

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
Wasn't implying you two were bickering -- just pointing out its a back and forth of blame. Its like the "Blame Thrower" from Mystery Men -- just point and shot and let the blame begin!

Here is how I see it: The president (pick one, don't care) signs legislation into law is to blame. Legislatures are to blame because they created it. 17th Amendment is to blame because why have two Houses when they are esentially the same and all voted via the People directly. The People of their respective districts are to blame because they vote in the same clowns even though they are "disgusted" by the overall Congress (just not their guy who is bringing home the bacon). Further blame upon the People because they believe the only election to participate in is the election that doesn't matter if they do...the presidency.

See what I am getting at here?

yeah and it makes good sense too.

you're buying the drinks, right?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

you're buying the drinks, right?

I blame the president for falling for the oldest trick in the book last night -- bought round after round of drinks for a lady only to go home alone. Would have been cheaper to just buy a ....... politician!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

I heard Bush blame the Clinton Administration a couple of times. The Obama Admin repeats it like a broken record. ( Records: You know, those big black CDs the old folk used to play
)

If Obama thinks he can be re-elected by blame Bush again...he has another think coming. Especially since Romney is more like Obama than Bush was. Even the Dems are starting to second guess this strategy. It seems to be hurting them more often than not.

I hear ya!

Dude, I even had 8-tracks and an old reel-to-reel!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join