It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blame Bush:

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Interestingly, the mainstream media was very kind to Mr. Obama and Mr. Biden, placing all of the blame directly on Mr. Bush. Mr. Obama had done the best he could and had kept us from sliding into another Great Depression. In other words, Bush had created an economic mess and if Obama had not done what he had done we would surely have slid into our second Great Depression. But, things were looking up!

www.danlgardner.com...

Earlier this week, Americans had to swallow the kind of news that makes them queasy. Despite all their hard work, and growing long-term productivity that is helping their employers earn more, they are poorer than they were in 2007. Much poorer.

www.alaskadispatch.com...

We've gone from "hope and change" to hoping blaming Bush will work. As Joe Scarborough said: at least Mika Brzezinski's honest about it. Asked whether she believed that President Obama's attempt to continue to blame George W. Bush for the country's economic woes will work as a campaign strategy, a seemingly dispirited Mika Brzezinski replied: "well, I'm hopin'". Scarborough burst into laughter.

newsbusters.org...

Obama’s “fundamental error,” Westen said, was not blaming former President George W. Bush and conservative lawmakers early enough and often enough in his term for creating the country’s economic troubles before he got into office.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Interestingly this writer at the huff post actually criticizes Westen's strategy. I wonder if he got fired?

There are so many examples that we can find where Obama has blamed Bush for well...just about everything that he has done.

I would love to find all the examples. ATSers are supposedly good at research. Let's see if that myth holds up!

edit on 14-6-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Obama admin tries to blame Bush for Solyndra
campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com...

He says that "by the time the Obama administration took office in late January 2009, the loan programs' staff had already established a goal of, and timeline for, issuing the company a conditional loan guarantee commitment in March 2009." Ultimately, the Obama administration issued the loan guarantee that March, which Silver argues, was "on the exact timeline that had been developed by the Bush administration..."

But Rep. Cliff Stearns, R-Fla., chairman of the oversight subcommittee that is conducting the Solyndra investigation, said that there's a problem with that version of events. "In reality, on January 9, 2009 -- at the end of the Bush administration -- the DOE Credit Committee voted against offering a conditional commitment to Solyndra, saying that the deal was premature and questioning its underlying financial support," Stearns said in his opening statement. "Only after Obama took control, and the stimulus passed, was the Solyndra deal pushed through."

Man... it's so easy to blame other people!

Everybody needs to just suck it up, take the criticism and move on. 'Bush did it', but you allowed it!

Now a picture

edit on 14-6-2012 by FractalChaos13242017 because: Ahh there we go

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
......Obama’s “fundamental error,” Westen said, was not blaming former President George W. Bush and conservative lawmakers early enough and often enough in his term for creating the country’s economic troubles before he got into office.

The real fundamental error is that they don't even see the REAL fundamental error Obama has made. He pushed Obamacare when he should have been doing everything possible to create jobs.

It's the economy stupid......they still don't realize it.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
......Obama’s “fundamental error,” Westen said, was not blaming former President George W. Bush and conservative lawmakers early enough and often enough in his term for creating the country’s economic troubles before he got into office.

The real fundamental error is that they don't even see the REAL fundamental error Obama has made. He pushed Obamacare when he should have been doing everything possible to create jobs.

It's the economy stupid......they still don't realize it.

The REAL fundamental error that you made, is attributing the power to create jobs to the President. The fundamental principal that should be adopted is that Government doesn't create jobs, it generally only gets in the way of their creation.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
But the President does create the world stage and the economic engine for the first four years. Considering all of the "mistakes" this guy has made not to mention all the entitlement programs...It's no wonder everybody is moving their businesses elsewhere. It's always the banks that go first.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I made this one after seeing the pic of Obama with Bush at his portrait unveiling.

He just looks like he's pointing at him and saying "Yeah, that's right, its all HIS fault."

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Obama is just one of those people who can never admit a mistake or failure. It's always some one else's fault.
[Wasn't me, I didn't do it]

HOWEVER...... that being said. IF you praise him and congratulate him for progress, well then that's a different story.
He wants all the credit to himself then.
[me, me, me,... I did it. I did it.]

Loser.....

It takes a person of strong character to admit when they are wrong or should have done something differently.

That's NOT Obummer.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Lol....

I wish the government had a face, because thats who the blame should be on.

The president is a part of it, but should not take all the blame.

Its the government in its entirety.

Dont get me wrong, i am not anti gov.

The blame goes completely across the board down the citizen.

We the people have not kept them in check. Why????

Because they have provided us a way of life that is easy to return to when life gets hard or when the hard questions need to be asked.

Lol..... Check this out. Yes the economy is fuuued. The gov spent Alotttttt of money to the point of no return. Lol and they didnt do it by themselves!!!

Why!!!!!!! If you knew why then you would truely see what part you the people played in all this.

However the magnetude of the why, would perspectively turn all the wrong doings to ant hills.

Yep..... The why is a mountain my friends. And soon it will be everyman for himself.

Watch.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Yep.

All Bush's and the Republicans' fault.

100%

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

It is Bush's fault!

Why. . . why. . . . we need to put his head on a pi- oh. The libs already did that?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
bush spent 8 years blaming Clinton for everything that went wrong, so, by his own logic alone, for the next 4 1/2 years, whatever goes wrong under Obama is bush's fault. He set a precedent...

Go to youtube and search for the video "Clinton got a bl*wj*b" without the asterisks (buy a couple of vowels). It sums it up pretty well.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

It is Bush's fault!

Why. . . why. . . . we need to put his head on a pi- oh. The libs already did that?

He lived through it though, there wasn't a brain in there to damage so they just sewed it back on!!!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Obamas Administration is Soooooooooooo Transparent You'd See Any Mistake He Made,,,, Right? NOT!!
Here's the Score Card According To Obama.

I see it didn't take long for the Obamanites to come to his rescue.

edit on 14-6-2012 by guohua because: spelling

edit on 14-6-2012 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by guohua
Obamas Administration is Soooooooooooo Transparent You'd See Any Mistake He Made,,,, Right? NOT!!
Here's the Score Card According To Obama.

edit on 14-6-2012 by guohua because: spelling

looks just like the score card bush kept for Clinton....

You have to make a choice. Was all of the bush stuff Clintons fault or was it bush's fault? That will answer the question of whether this is Obama's fault or not. You can't have it both ways.
edit on 14-6-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Blameblameblame.

Who's president now?

Who's in charge now?

Who's sitting in the big chair now?

*frantically waves hand*
ooh-ooh-ooh!

I know!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Blameblameblame.

Who's president now?

Who's in charge now?

*frantically waves hand*
ooh-ooh-ooh!

I know!

Then all the stuff that happened during the bush years was bush's fault and not Clinton's fault? Remember, can't have it both ways... I'm good with either answer

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Blameblameblame.

Who's president now?

Who's in charge now?

*frantically waves hand*
ooh-ooh-ooh!

I know!

Then all the stuff that happened during the bush years was bush's fault and not Clinton's fault? Remember, can't have it both ways... I'm good with either answer

If you think I'm going to defend Bush, then you'll be a sad little purple bird.

Bush owns his mistakes. He gets no pass with me.

We can discuss Taft's error's as well, but it has no relavence to what is happening today! Today, Obama is president. Today Obama is in charge.

Can we get off the Bush meme and focus on today?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Who knew Bush was still Potus?

Thats what the left has told me for 3 and half years.

Brightside after Romney wins even if he sucks he can blame Obama!!!!!

What have a problem with that?

Didn't have one for 4 years did ya?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

If you think I'm going to defend Bush, then you'll be a sad little purple bird.

Bush owns his mistakes. He gets no pass with me.

We can discuss Taft's error's as well, but it has no relavence to what is happening today! Today, Obama is president. Today Obama is in charge.

Can we get off the Bush meme and focus on today?

Yup, just wanted to clear up if his mistakes were his mistakes (he was an idiot)... I don't really support Obama much...but I DID and DO support Clinton

ok, back on topic.
Given that bush really did make a horrendous mess of things, Obama has done an "average" job of cleaning it up but someone else probably could have done much better. Obama didn't have the experience and ability to pull us out of this mess and we've not recovered as quickly as we should have. I don't feel like he's destroyed anything because it was destroyed when he got it, but he hasn't done enough to fix it either.
I give him a C-

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Who knew Bush was still Potus?

Thats what the left has told me for 3 and half years.

Brightside after Romney wins even if he sucks he can blame Obama!!!!!

What have a problem with that?

Didn't have one for 4 years did ya?

so you're agreeing that the big mess bush made was bush's fault not Clinton's right?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join