It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think peak oil is completely fake.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
We keep hearing information about peak oil. However, I believe it's a complete farse, it's a scam. It doesn't exist at all. Look it's simple we're at the top of peak oil yet I haven't heard one single story ever from any oil company saying that drilling or extraction is becoming difficult in this region or that one.

But think about this. Say you wanted to increase the price of oil dramatically. Well you then need a shortage. That increases price. What better way to do that than to talk about the concept of peak oil as on reason prices are on the rise and will continue to remain on the rise as long as possible. I think that's what peak oil is really about. It's propaganda to get us thinking there will be a shortage then using it as a means to keep prices high and going on up.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Although I think for many reasons, we should be using other energy sources at the moment, ill grant you all the major companies have been caught collaborating manipulating price and distribution.

That's it in a nut shell.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
There continues to be large deposits of oil found worldwide. There is also growing demand for it.
Time to transition to Natural Gas(which we also have a HUGE supply of) and eventually to something else when technology brings efficiency.

In the meantime, why don't we have government policy that hurts our oil and gas production at exactly the point in history when we should be harvesting it in large amounts. We can also enable our competitors and potential enemies to have access and control of it. Sound policy.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Of course it's fake. Do you have any idea how much oil is sitting under the eastern seaboard? Or in the oil shales out west? Even the old wells in PA are filling back up and starting to produce again. There is plenty of oil. Enough for a few hundred more years. Only easily duped people ever believed in peak oil anyway. The same bozos who believe in man made global warming and crop circles and chemtrails.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Oil comes from Dino bones! And there were only so many Dino's alive, and that's why it will run out!!!

It's very nice of them to heard together and die in one place all over the world. They were considerate terrible lizards.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cataka
reply to post by r2d246

Oil comes from Dino bones! And there were only so many Dino's alive, and that's why it will run out!!!

It's very nice of them to heard together and die in one place all over the world. They were considerate terrible lizards.

I sometimes question that. That is a lot of Dino bones and usually when you hit oil its in large quantities. Did all the Dinos run together in the end?

I looked it up out of curiosity and it looks like the Dino story is only part of it.
www.livescience.com...

scientists still don't know for sure where oil comes from, how long it took to make, or how much there is.

The majority of petroleum is thought to come from the fossils of plants and tiny marine organisms. Larger animals might contribute to the mix as well.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
mushrooms keep them in the dark & feed them on # [ humus ] there is 750,000 barrels of oil per week pumped from the earth sometimes 900,000 each one has 38 gallons in it not 40 due to it expanding x that by 52 weeks x that by all the years of production .. some of the wells are filling up ? hello wakey wakey thats a true story . go to youtube & watch conspiracy of science IS THE EARTH GROWING us reptile gened inbreeds are bleeding a living thing a pagan

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
We keep hearing information about peak oil. However, I believe it's a complete farse, it's a scam. It doesn't exist at all. Look it's simple we're at the top of peak oil yet I haven't heard one single story ever from any oil company saying that drilling or extraction is becoming difficult in this region or that one.

Why would oil corporations want the masses to know about the declining crude deposits? If they did that then there would be more investment towards alternative fuels as opposed to oil subsidies.

The United States is a good example of the peak oil theory in action. In the 70's the majority of our crude oil came from domestic sources, today the majority is sourced abroad because there just aren't enough reserves to keep up with demand.

Say you wanted to increase the price of oil dramatically. Well you then need a shortage. That increases price. What better way to do that than to talk about the concept of peak oil as on reason prices are on the rise and will continue to remain on the rise as long as possible. I think that's what peak oil is really about. It's propaganda to get us thinking there will be a shortage then using it as a means to keep prices high and going on up.

I still don't see the peak oil theory as good news for oil corporations. The more we drill the idea of declining crude reserves to the public, you will find more investment and focus towards alternative energies. During the Carter administration when the peak oil theory came about, the Carter administration alone with other officials began to invest into alternative non-renewable and renewable energies like shale oil to curb public demand and reliance on foreign oil. The wasn't too good for many oil corporations as moving to alternatives was costly for them, Exxon Mobile lost a considerable amount in investment into shale oils as a viable alternative.

The majority of American's aren't too concerned about "peak oil" and the oil corporations would like to keep it that way. They make far too much on crude.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by pierregustavetoutant
There continues to be large deposits of oil found worldwide.

Where?

They supposedly found a large deposit of crude reserves in the Brakken oil field, the USG estimates 4.3 billion, this is to the higher estimate. We use 7% of those reserves a year and it'll only last us 15 years. The Rockies? the USG estimates 1.5 trillion barrels of oil there..... shale oil that is, we haven't developed the technologies yet to make shale oil a mainstream alternative to the crude we use so often. We'll continue to be dependent on foreign nations for our energy needs, and it will continue to hurt us, unless we invest in alternatives.

At the moment shale oil is looking like the most promising alternative to crude oil, but due to the cost of heating oil shales and extracting it, oil corporations are too scared (or greedy and selfish) to invest in better technologies... aside from Shell, they've been stuck in rockies for years converting oil shale.
edit on 15-6-2012 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Some reasons to believe in peak oil....

We use more oil that we produce

www.indexmundi.com...

www.indexmundi.com...
(remember that is 89m barrels per day, averaged in a year.)

Saudi Arabia is lying about oil production caps and their oil reserves. Insiders have said they are pumping sand and water in some places.
www.energyandcapital.com...

Second; demand is increasing faster than discoveries are made and this has been an ongoing trend. 9.6 billion barrels of oil in a discovery is less than a years worth at current demand. That's assuming it's all extractable, and the pressure runs low near the end, so the total given is not all extractable.

Think, 8 - 10 billion barrels, of expensive offshore oil. Not all of it will be extractable; and that's a "major discover"
www.presstv.ir...

Divide 9600 by 89, that's 107 days of world consumption, assuming it's all extractable.

China’s imports rose 10 percent to a record 6 million barrels a day in May compared with April, customs data showed June 10. Oil refining was little changed at 9.1 million barrels a day, after falling the previous three months.
www.businessweek.com...

Than there are two other concerns, unrelated to supply.

The first is cost. The major reason why the Tar Sands in Canada are profitable is because of the cheap oil we can still get. If we start to run out of cheap oil from Saudi Arabia or Venezuela, the cost of extracting off-shore or converting tar sands is going to be ridiculous and may end production because of a lack of profitability.

Second is the human cost. The easy to access oil in the desert had little impact on environments, where as digging in water supplies and offshore has some massive consequences. This impacts costs, because of social reasons, and also creates instability in a county.

Politics - www.bloomberg.com...
Tar Sands oil spill - www.calgaryherald.com...
Off shore - www.eoearth.org...

Also; natural gas is a bubble right now. Fracking is becoming unpopular, and the profits at the low cost are making it unprofitable. Increasing the gas cost will offset the costs, but make us pay for it.

Will we run out of oil? No. Will we run out of cheap oil? Yes, absolutely. At the current rate of growth, we have probably already hit peak oil. I wouldn't depend on no oil ever, but offsetting oil prices using solar, or hydrogen, is not a bad idea.

(EDIT: I don't mean the Government offsets it's costs, I mean you, personally, offset your home energy and filling up your gas tank.)

I've heard the lower prices right now are just preparing for sanctions against Iran, by decreasing the oil price, they can reduce their profits. It's not related to supply.demand. Supply is the same, demand is increasing.

Saudi Arabia ~will~ peak, and most likely already did in 2007. There will always be oil. There will not always be cheap oil. The energy required, or the military expense/misery/pollution required, to extract oil may make it less than profitable.
edit on 15-6-2012 by badconduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
In terms of production cost it is not a fake.But yes there is great market manipulation by western corrupt govts and bankers who want to fleece and impoverish their people.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I, think oil comes from every living thing that got wiped out in one fell swoop. Plant matter, animal matter, all dead at once. And great heaps of it got roiled, boiled, and churned into the soil, sand, and even rocks. Some of it pooled in greater abundance in some places than others. Some of it, after being buried, go cooked differently than other areas. It is the result of organic matter under special conditions.

Or, maybe not so special. Maybe a cyclic process regularly makes oil out of us, who knows. But, as for it coming out of rocks. I haven't seen any oil spills on the moon. How many traces of oil has the mars rovers ran across? Perhaps I should farm sidewalks for oil? Me, I'm pretty sure it is organic material.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Apollumi

so how is it under 10 tonns psi & under hundreds of feet of granite and not on the surface .why is it not in dna .read my earlier post i

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
ps try getting a sample and having it analized its organic .i mean what could go wrong .i know some dafty who tried this 20+ years ago nuff said 300 tonns per gallon of ORGANIC MATTER 38 gallons per barrel 750 -900 million barrels per week do the maths .there has never been enough material

new topics

top topics

join