Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Why didn't anyone tell me about Snow White???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch
When you are prepared to die for your message then we will talk

No god is so egotistical that he would demand that we die for him. Peter (the rock upon which the christian church was built) denied Jesus three times. This is probably the only believable part of the bible.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch
When you are prepared to die for your message then we will talk

There are people that would sacrifice themselves for a favourite pet. I highly doubt that means Twiggles the Tabby is a deity or supreme being...

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Sounds good, count me in!

And the Lord spake unto the Apostle Grumpy, saying "but first you must wash as you are so dirty" and the Apostle replied with "I am not having a bath, that will never happen" and other Apostles, upon hearing this and fearing the withdrawals of God's love, pounced on brother Grumpy and forced him to wash.......

Easy peasy this!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoherentlyConfused
One day, 2,000 years from now, someone will find a surviving copy and decipher the text. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (disciples?) will be the new gospel.

It has the forbidden apple story and everything.

Cool as that is, i would honestly find it far funnier if people in the future came across a copy of Monkey! Could you imagine them trying to decipher that?

"But dude, they had Gods that could summon clouds for travel with nothing but a whistle......."

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by Fuzz420
Wow, I had no idea. I wish I could have considered Snow Whitism when searching around. Church of the flying spaghetti monster was pretty tempting, but I decided on Fonzism.

May Fonzie be with you, AYYYEEEE

Seriously, how is Fonzism better than being a Jedi Knight?

What is wrong with either of them? Religion is basically nothing more than belief. If your belief is in the Fonze, Snow White or a Flying Spaghetti Monster, why is that any worse than belief in the more traditional gods?

At the end of the day, the actual evidence for any of them boils down to the same...........non existent. It is all about the belief.......

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Originally posted by jiggerj

I think She's real. I think She's god! I know I've read about Her in a book. Actually I think there are several books about Her. I wonder if other people have faith in Her? I mean, it's kinda hard to deny Her existence when I'm actually watching Her story.

Let's start a religion!
Find your own story. We already have a religion based on Snow White. It is called Christianity.

Many many moons ago, we decided that it would be best if we changed a few details, because nobody believed us when we said it was a female. They would just laugh us right out of town, while throwing rotten fruits and vegetables at us.

After we changed her into a guy, they all started believing......

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I find your blasphemy offensive but you are entitled to your opinion and I respect that, I do however pray that your mocking of God will lead you into a deeper search for the truth. If by chance God and salvation is real, without your personal acceptance you will be doomed, please do not let organised religion bias your journey. What is the harm in living your life like Jesus and all he represents, would the world not be a better place.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
reply to post by jiggerj

Originally posted by jiggerj

I think She's real. I think She's god! I know I've read about Her in a book. Actually I think there are several books about Her. I wonder if other people have faith in Her? I mean, it's kinda hard to deny Her existence when I'm actually watching Her story.

Let's start a religion!
Find your own story. We already have a religion based on Snow White. It is called Christianity.

Many many moons ago, we decided that it would be best if we changed a few details, because nobody believed us when we said it was a female. They would just laugh us right out of town, while throwing rotten fruits and vegetables at us.

After we changed her into a guy, they all started believing......

LOL This sounds like a Monty Python skit.

She's a god.
Ahh, you're crazy.
Oh wait, HE'S a god.
I BELIEVE!!!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Wow, with so many religions popping up, i don't know which one to choose(its exactly like 2000 yr ago), which is the right god and which religion!!!?

Snow Whitanity?

Or Santa Insanity??

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Jesus??

If that's your point, all I can tell you is that the bible is a book.

I was an atheist. I'm still not, nor will I ever be, religious.

Jesus came to me, and I had no idea who he even was really.

I will tell you snow white is comparable when I meet her too, and she teaches me about my judgmental attitude, and frees me to be me. Until then Jesus owns snow white, but she's a cool character, and you pale in comparison to either.

Stand on your own feet.
When you do as much, you won't care what other people believe. It can't be a threat. As long as you're treading water... Just don't try and drag me with you.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by DOLCOTT
I find your blasphemy offensive but you are entitled to your opinion and I respect that, I do however pray that your mocking of God will lead you into a deeper search for the truth. If by chance God and salvation is real, without your personal acceptance you will be doomed, please do not let organised religion bias your journey. What is the harm in living your life like Jesus and all he represents, would the world not be a better place.

Isn't that exactly what the OP is saying? Whats the harm in living your life like Snowwhite? Wouldn't the world be a better place? Whats the difference in calling Jesus Jesus, or the Son, or God, or the Holy Ghost, or the Trinity, or Snowwhite? A God by any other name.....

Besides, in Bruce Almighty God admits to enjoying the occasional blasphemy.

*wrong video*
edit on 15-6-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
Wow, with so many religions popping up, i don't know which one to choose(its exactly like 2000 yr ago), which is the right god and which religion!!!?

Snow Whitanity?

Or Santa Insanity??

None of those choices could ever be right.
You were on the right track, but you denied yourself an answer.

There is no question. If you are wondering which symbol (religion) to choose, well, they are all wrong.

Symbols are anything you can name that is outside of you.
Don't worship symbols... You can only know directly.

Any priest or church or imam or synagouge or temple or rabbi or shah or shepherd are symbols... They are ALL wrong.

It is as it always was... It is YOU.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad
reply to post by jiggerj

Jesus??

If that's your point, all I can tell you is that the bible is a book.

I was an atheist. I'm still not, nor will I ever be, religious.

Jesus came to me, and I had no idea who he even was really.

I will tell you snow white is comparable when I meet her too, and she teaches me about my judgmental attitude, and frees me to be me. Until then Jesus owns snow white, but she's a cool character, and you pale in comparison to either.

Stand on your own feet.
When you do as much, you won't care what other people believe. It can't be a threat. As long as you're treading water... Just don't try and drag me with you.

Snow White loves you, man. She LOVES all of us!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Oooh, that is dangerously heretical talk! If this was medieval Europe, you could be expecting a knock on the door any moment now for your appointment with a burning stake!

That is basically what Beghards believed and they were pretty ruthlessly hunted.........which really just goes to show how warped organised religion can be.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Reply to post by jiggerj

"Hey, all you atheists out there, prove me wrong."

Is that how it works now? let me try this... Hey, all you debt collectors out there, prove I owe you anything... okay, im sure that wont work but was worth a try lulz

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by strafgod

Well.......debt collectors do have to provide evidence you owe them, otherwise they can't take anything (cash or goods).

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Hey, all you debt collectors out there, prove I owe you anything... okay, im sure that wont work but was worth a try lulz

Ummmm. That's exactly how it works.

If they can't prove you owe it, then you don't owe it. They can't get a judgement against you, they can't put it on your credit record, nothing. They have to be able to prove you owe the debt.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Reply to post by Flavian

Im listening, go on.

Lol im sure they have a 'bible' sized book of evidence that I owe them.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

You could not be further from the truth...

As a matter of fact if a bill collector says you owe them money you can dispute your credit report and in most states (US) they have between 21-45 days to provide proof you owe the debt.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by strafgod
Reply to post by Flavian

Im listening, go on.

Lol im sure they have a 'bible' sized book of evidence that I owe them.

After my bankruptcy, I waited 2 years, and then I disputed everything negative on my credit record. I just sent a letter to the three bureaus and disputed every negative thing on my credit record. They send out letters to all the people reporting the negative stuff, and if the people can't provide proof, then the things get knocked off your record. The official court ruling of bankruptcy was still there for 7 years, but all the late payments and written-off debts got removed and my FICO score jumped almost 100 points!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join