It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are we still drinking this poisonous crap!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

Hey thanks for the history! I assumed it was something along those lines.

The issue I have is that I live in NZ and we all grow up on the stuff, dairy is one of our biggest industries. If they are doing something to the milk that is causing detremental effects on an ever increasing scale, we should be doing something about it now. I have milk quite often still and it doesn't cause me trouble, but learning it could have been the reason I had an appendectomy and that more and more people are coming out with problems with their bowels I'm concerned and mad.

I'm with ya on freedom to consume what you want, but don't act surprised when you find yourself or kids with screwed up guts in the future.

(That last part was directed at the other replies not you
)

edit on 14-6-2012 by ka0s69 because: Fixing

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by HoppedUp

Why do so many hate Mayo?? I love it, as kids we would eat mayonaise bread. My mom caught me sneaking in the fridge for butter, ketchup, and mayo. It sounds gross now, but I would sneak it by the spoonful as a kid. Don't get me started on cheese either, it never lasted long. All the crap I ate as a kid, I was as skinny as a pole, I used to look like those poor Bosnian children. Milk was my favorite, I loved it more then juice or koolaid, today I still crave it.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kat2684

Haha I'm the same! Sauce, mayo, cheese... addicted to it all
2nd

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Oreo cookies + organic whole milk = greatest combination on planet earth
edit on 14-6-2012 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Kewpie mayonaisse on Chicken schitzel IS AWESOME!!!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by James1982

Yes, you can go wrong with soy, if you are a man. Men should not be eating large amounts of soy, the research is fairly obvious on this one.

Oh? How clear is it?

Please tell us, and don't tell me to google it as it's your statement. I've never heard of this before.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

Beer must be good for us too! We've been drinking it for 7,000 years!

yes...nectar of the gods..only prblem is
it does not go with oreos

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Kewpie is my fave mayo.

Good taste!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh

Originally posted by James1982

Yes, you can go wrong with soy, if you are a man. Men should not be eating large amounts of soy, the research is fairly obvious on this one.

Oh? How clear is it?

Please tell us, and don't tell me to google it as it's your statement. I've never heard of this before.

Its because of the phytoestrogens. **shrug** Moobs are in style anyway.. drink up.

As far as drinking milk.. we NEVER had milk as a beverage when I was growing up. I think its probably cultural, but buttermilk was drank medicinally. We used milk in recipes sometimes, but never drank it. Personally I think it tastes really gross, but I guess you can get used to anything.. puss filled or not

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MattiasDesigns

I was speaking in the aspect of natural wildlife, not domesticated animals that you give milk to.

Because lets be honest, most animals will eat most food that humans lay out for them, but this doesn't happen often in the grand scheme of all that is. Animals as adults do not seem seek out milk as a nutritional source of energy, in the wild.

I suppose I should have been more specific.

Peace

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Oh god, Miracle whip, that stuff is even worse.

I was told once, when I was younger, that miracle whip was just mayo that had gone rancid. I thought this was actually true, because it made a lot of sense. Obviously it's not, but they are still both nasty nasty creations (mayo and miracle whip) I think the real miracle is that people actually eat that stuff! I'm not talking health wise, I just think it taste awful.

Originally posted by mainidh

Oh? How clear is it?

Nah, I won't tell you to Google it, I made the claim and I'll back it up if requested, I just thought that it was common knowledge about soy:

Men who eat just half a serving of soya a day have drastically fewer sperm than those who do not consume such foods, according to a small, preliminary study.

Source

long-term consumption of a diet rich in soy isoflavones can have marked influences on patterns of aggression and social behavior." Isoflavones are a naturally occurring plant estrogen in soy protein

adding that the study is consistent with emerging literature showing that soy can have a negative impact on the behavior of male rodents.

Source

The gynecomastia that eventually developed became deeply humiliating for Price. He stopped wearing T-shirts even on the hottest days, fearing his friends and neighbors might see the telltale bumps beneath the fabric. His breasts by this point resembled the buds of a pubescent girl. Read more at Men's Health: www.menshealth.com...

The day Dr. Lewi asked him to stop drinking the stuff, he immediately complied. He also began checking the ingredient labels on all other items he regularly consumed. If Dr. Lewi was right, going cold turkey on soy just might begin to reverse the symptoms. Over the next several months, blood tests revealed Price's estrogen levels were, indeed, dropping steadily back toward normal. Even better, the extreme nipple tenderness began abating. Eventually, his breasts stopped hurting completely and he gradually began feeling a little more like his old self. Read more at Men's Health: www.menshealth.com...

Source

Like everything in science, I guess it's up to you to decided which articles and which literature you "believe" or "trust" but from the research I've done into soy, it's not something I would eat myself or suggest other men eat. Doesn't seem to be an issue for women though.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I only drink water, beer, and some soda on occasion. I make sure I eat a pizza or some cheese every once in a while to make sure I'm getting enough calcium. The way some processed food companies like to add vitamins and minerals to all of our foods, it's a wonder we're not all overdosing and having problems because of too much calcium or too many vitamins in one food or another. I'd rather take a vitamin pill than have food companies put extra stuff in my food. My body doesn't agree with MSG or soy so I tend to go eat natural foods and stay away from spicy tasting foods since they often seem to have MSG. Fatz restaurants loads up their food with MSG and I felt like I was dying after I ate there. It took over a day to recover. I've heard other relatives getting sick after eating there so I suspect the MSG problem runs in families and that it wasn't food poisoning. I suspect some of these chemicals in foods accumulate in people's bodies and cause diseases after several years instead of the lucky few who immediately have a severe reaction that makes them avoid the food if they have any common sense.

I can drink milk but it kept going bad before the expiration date so I didn't see much point in wasting my money. Beer lasts a whole lot longer and tastes better too. I don't eat cereal hardly ever. Many foods can be prepared without milk and taste just as good if not better in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Yes cats, dogs and other animals will drink milk but they don't herd, raise and remove the milk
from the cattle.
Dogs and cats also drink Antifreeze.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
People have been led to believe that anyone who can't stomach milk has a defect. That is wrong. Naturally we weren't able to drink milk past a certain age but some people kept drinking it and developed a tolerance. There are many reasons that people can't tolerate milk and certain conditions sometimes only make us intolerant for a short while.

People can be Lactose intolerant meaning that they cannot digest lactose properly. There are a couple of different enzymes needed at different stages of digestion and conversion that we make if we have the right chemicals and nutrients available for the liver to make them. The liver needs to be working properly too. Not enough Molybdenum and Lactose becomes a problem. This is found in seed products , including Hopps, and in food grown on soil where it is abundant. Liming the soil helps to release this to the plants. The other enzymes have special needs but I haven't researched them further because I am allergic to the protein.

Another problem comes from being allergic to a protein in milk. This allergy can be sometimes eliminated by getting the milk from a cow of a certain type. There are type A cows and type B cows if I remember right. Most USA milk is the wrong type because the cows are low producers.

Another problem is a Histamine reaction to the bacteria needed to aid digestion. If a person drinks a little milk the bacteria numbers are small but too much and the body reacts. This condition sometimes comes from a overload of those bacteria in the past or because the Flora in our guts doesn't get along with the Lactobaccili. I guess they like to war just like people but prefer chemical warfare which really gives us symptoms. Everyone has a different Flora in their gut, one Flora does not fit all. Histamine reactions cause all sorts of symptoms. Some of these symptoms are the same as Lactose Intolerance.

Another problem is that food chemicals, including fluoride compounds, cause bacteria to die off. Even too much minerals can do the same thing. Every bacteria has companion diet characteristics so the wrong foods or too much or little of one kind of food also cause die-offs or overgrowth upsetting the balance in the gut.. This is one of the main causes of problems in the gut, causing intolerance.

We are mutating bacteria at alarming rates in America and abroad. This causes changes in the properties of bacteria that change their armies chemicals. This is a problem that is going to become big in the future. Harmless bacteria can become problematic to us.

Homogenization causes problem with milk also by breaking it up too much. I posted a link here before on some thread from Wikki explaining the problem. This problem has been known for eighty years and we cannot build up a tolerance for it and this causes some of the problems you guys mentioned on this thread.

With all these problems and the increased estrogen in milk because of the way they feed cows for increased milk production, it's lucky guys aren't all Gay. Soy milk has lots of Estrogenic compounds too. It's important to note that men need estrogenic compounds to heal. Taking only foods that help produce testosterone will make you stronger but we will heal slower. A dish of ice cream at night can help our bodies heal. So can a little Soy milk possibly. I'm not sure of ass the GM foods effect on these things, I'm not that far yet.

We need milk as an antidote also, it can neutralize toxins if they exist. Having a glass when we crave it may be a good idea. There are also age related metabolic changes that need consideration.

I can' give good or bad marks to milk. I'll give it a C- because I am allergic. I drink a little of it when I crave it though, I'm not going to deny myself a possible antidote.

Most of the problems with milk aren't allergies, most are metabolic problems but can be just as dangerous.
edit on 14-6-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ka0s69

The best milk for human consumption is Goat's milk and pure 100% Coconut milk; we humans were not meant to drink cows milk nor eat beef. Why do you think the Hindus and ancient Egyptians kept it off the menu?

Also keep in mind most cattle farmed is fed GMO and are not on green pastures !
edit on 14-6-2012 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ka0s69
Bowel Desease from Milk Fat

Finally some scientific studies that show why so many people are all of a sudden lactose intolerant, have appendicitis, or bowel disorders. Basically some people have a stronger immune system response to the bacteria that Milk fat consumption causes.

Got to wonder what the hell we drink milk for anyway.. Especially cows milk that is intended to be processed by 4 stomachs and not one small one.

Personally having had my appendix removed and intermittent periods if IBS and issues with my digestive system, I just don't see why we are still be stocking our supermarkets with this crap let alone it being a staple in households everywhere!

All milk is not the same. Its is homogenized pasteurized milk that is the problem. It Changes the molecular structure of the fat and makes it not fit for human consumption. Further they do it because the cows live in their own feces and are fed grain which is not good for them and promotes disease so they have to do it to kill all the pathogens. Same things with the pink slime to kill pathogens etc. I will not drink any milk but raw milk it is tasty and has many healing and nutritional properties etc.

Drink organic raw milk from grass fed cows or goats and eat organic grass fed beef and everything is just fine.

edit on 14-6-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Soy Milk is only a problem for men that don't have well established testosterone dominance.

I've been using it for about 20 years.. though I have recently switched to almond milk, as I enjoy it more.

No moobs, though that would be pretty sweet.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Thanks, interesting info. It makes sense that over production is what is causing the problem. I'll look into those for sure. Might even try convince some of my lactose intolorent or celiacs disease into a small sample haha.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ka0s69

Well, it's only poisonous to genetically engineered mice that are susceptible to such milk fat.

Also, the mice were fed "concentrated milk fats," not straight up milk.

Remember, just because scientists say there is a "link" doesn't mean there's a proof of causation.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Almond milk is a great alternative. 50% more calcium than cow milk!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join