It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Why are we still drinking this poisonous crap!

page: 1
10
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Bowel Desease from Milk Fat

Finally some scientific studies that show why so many people are all of a sudden lactose intolerant, have appendicitis, or bowel disorders. Basically some people have a stronger immune system response to the bacteria that Milk fat consumption causes.

Got to wonder what the hell we drink milk for anyway.. Especially cows milk that is intended to be processed by 4 stomachs and not one small one.

Personally having had my appendix removed and intermittent periods if IBS and issues with my digestive system, I just don't see why we are still be stocking our supermarkets with this crap let alone it being a staple in households everywhere!




posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Milk does a body a good!!!!!!!

Especially, chocolate Milk.




posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
i hear so much stuff about milk. It's a must in my diet, i don't think i could live with out it.



posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I could pass on milk, but not ice cream and cheese.



posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Dairying in prehistory
The domestication of the principal livestock species (goat, sheep and
cattle) took place in the Near (Middle) East in the 8th millennium BC,
in the area known as the "Fertile Crescent". By the 4th millennium BC
there is evidence for the specialised exploitation of these animals
for milk, wool and traction purposes by the first urban communities in
Mesopotamia (Sherratt, 1981) , principally indicated by textual and
pictorial evidence.?
The Emergence of Dairying in Early Farming Practices of the Fertile
Crescent and the Balkans
www.catalhoyuk.com...

The point is that we have been drinking dairy for some time and it is good for us. Human milk would be better but for some reason seams gross.. The problem today is that the cows are no longer natural cows and are fed modified food thus creating a mutated cow that evolution hasnt had its way with it yet. The end result is it creates mutations in humans i,e disease and cancer.
edit on 14-6-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ka0s69
 


One of the chemicals in milk calms people. It has properties similar to a beta blocker which settles people. It was one of many things pushed to control violence in the public. Also milk contains calcium and calcium blocks stomach acid which reduces some liver functions and settles people that way also. A little cows milk is ok for people but it should be from a certain type of cow, not a good producer so it is not used commercially that much in the USA. I think that was a New Zealand study that I read, someone from New Zealand may know more about this study.



posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
well one good thing about toxic chemicals
they kill the germs


really, raw milk is bad for you - it causes swat raids where they might shoot you
or
on a really bad day...
all the people and their dog at a wrong address...

we had it made ..were did we go wrong?



posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
My take: If you are lactose intolerant, milk makes you otherwise sick, or you don't like it, then here's an idea:
Don't drink it and mind your own business.
Otherwise? Bring on the white moustache.
BTW, since I don't like mayonaise or bananas, I declare that no one should be allowed to eat mayonaise or bananas!!!!!



posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder
 


I'd like to expand on this post above and add that it is indeed what the cows are fed and how they are treated that adds the negative aspects to dairy.

Of course there's hormones and antibiotics at play,
but it's also the GRAIN.
Grain is not the best choice for feeding cattle. They have a hard time digesting it etc.
Grain is also not a very good choice for humans either.

If more cattle were natural grass-fed or grazed on pasture and not treated with high tech science for their health, we would have a healthier dairy (and meat) product.
edit on 14-6-2012 by JRedBeard because: sp



posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder
 


And it's already hard enough to domesticate the human woman let alone farm them.



posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Doesn't anyone find it interesting that almost no species (none that I know of?) drinks milk as an adult except Humans?


I've never liked milk, personally, even as a toddler I would drink juice / water and refused to drink milk. I'm not lactose intolerant but rarely do I really enjoy ingesting much dairy.



posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I remember as kids my sisters and I would go through almost a gallon of milk a day.

I have been making homemade coconut milk for my kids as a substitute, coconut milk, while fattening, is very filling and my kids actually like it better. The issue is, I go broke trying to buy organic, and bypass all the poisons. I won't cook, or let my kids drink fluoride water either, its becoming more difficult with time to get around it.

edit on 14-6-2012 by kat2684 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ka0s69
 


Because it goes excellent with cookies, cake, pie, breakfast, everything just about. That's why I still drink it, anyway. Specially all the yummy stuff you can make with it... mmm, I'm getting hungry.



Originally posted by QUANTUMGR4V17Y
Doesn't anyone find it interesting that almost no species (none that I know of?) drinks milk as an adult except Humans?

My cat loves milk, my dogs do too, but the dogs don't get it because of the aforementioned side effects.



posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ka0s69
 

You can't go wrong with soy. I think it's healthier.



posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   


Doesn't anyone find it interesting that almost no species (none that I know of?) drinks milk as an adult except Humans?


My kitty cat likes milk and she's going on 13 years old.


Oh, and coconut milk is very good for you, too. I don't care for coconut milk straight up but I use coconut oil in place of vegetable oil in cooking and baking and I eat it in my oatmeal for breakfast.



posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by disgustingfatbody
reply to post by ka0s69
 

You can't go wrong with soy. I think it's healthier.


Yes, you can go wrong with soy, if you are a man. Men should not be eating large amounts of soy, the research is fairly obvious on this one.


Originally posted by pierregustavetoutant
My take: If you are lactose intolerant, milk makes you otherwise sick, or you don't like it, then here's an idea:
Don't drink it and mind your own business.
Otherwise? Bring on the white moustache.
BTW, since I don't like mayonaise or bananas, I declare that no one should be allowed to eat mayonaise or bananas!!!!!


I'm going to have to agree with you 100% here! I've drank milk, lots of milk, my whole life. Never had any problems with it. Evidently some people are lactose intolerant or for some reason don't like milk. Sucks for you I guess, don't drink it, more for ME!

I agree on the mayo.. I hate that stuff. I think it's disgusting. So, based on that NOBODY can, or should be eating mayo. So I decree!!!



posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoherentlyConfused



Doesn't anyone find it interesting that almost no species (none that I know of?) drinks milk as an adult except Humans?


My kitty cat likes milk and she's going on 13 years old.


Oh, and coconut milk is very good for you, too. I don't care for coconut milk straight up but I use coconut oil in place of vegetable oil in cooking and baking and I eat it in my oatmeal for breakfast.


Oh boy. I really love coconut milk and I can drink a gallon of that stuff if my better conscience allowed me. Alas, coconut milk, despite it's yummy creamy goodness, gives me much the same gastrointestinal effects as the milk haters and lactose intolerants ascribe unto ruminant milk. I can tolerate animal milk just fine, but I really have not touched the stuff much in years. For me, quitting the milk kinda went along with me crossing cereal out of my diet. I used to love some honey nut cheerios with ice cold whole organic milk. Flipping A...talk about a dose of heaven. My tastes changed, however, and now my dose of heaven is hot black tea (w/ NO milk or sugar). Live and let live.



posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

Dairying in prehistory
The domestication of the principal livestock species (goat, sheep and
cattle) took place in the Near (Middle) East in the 8th millennium BC,
in the area known as the "Fertile Crescent". By the 4th millennium BC
there is evidence for the specialised exploitation of these animals
for milk, wool and traction purposes by the first urban communities in
Mesopotamia (Sherratt, 1981) , principally indicated by textual and
pictorial evidence.?
The Emergence of Dairying in Early Farming Practices of the Fertile
Crescent and the Balkans
www.catalhoyuk.com...

The point is that we have been drinking dairy for some time and it is good for us. Human milk would be better but for some reason seams gross.. The problem today is that the cows are no longer natural cows and are fed modified food thus creating a mutated cow that evolution hasnt had its way with it yet. The end result is it creates mutations in humans i,e disease and cancer.
edit on 14-6-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)


Wow by that logic..

Beer must be good for us too! We've been drinking it for 7,000 years!



posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by James1982


I agree on the mayo.. I hate that stuff. I think it's disgusting. So, based on that NOBODY can, or should be eating mayo. So I decree!!!


Co-sign with you guys. Mayonnaise is so gross a substance. The scent of it alone can deter me from any place. Fluffy, off-white, creamy dietary abomination from the very bowels of hell, it is, I tell you. How peeps can slather that stinking nonsense on their sandwiches and eat it remains an eternal mystery to me.

Don't EVEN get me started on Miracle Whip.
Good god...

At least milk smells pleasant for the most part, and you can make delicious things out of it, like butter, cheese, cream, yogurt, kefir, ice cream and milk shakes. The milk militia cannot deny the yumminess of at least one of those foods.



posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Milk does a body a good!!!!!!!

Especially, chocolate Milk.



Pics or it didn't happen!



new topics




 
10
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join