It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Ron Paul possibly preparing to endorse Mitt Romney?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Report: Ron Paul possibly preparing to endorse Mitt Romney?

A newly published piece in the Christian Science Monitor notes that Texas Republican Congressman Ron Paul may be preparing to endorse former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee.

The Texas Republican, who is said to be considering endorsing Mr. Romney for president, has remained in the race for the Republican nomination, despite the latest delegate numbers that show Mr. Romney with the necessary backing to receive the nomination.

Citing a recent string of blogs posted on the Paul campaign page in recent days, the Christian Science Monitor suggested that Mr. Paul may be preparing to follow in the steps of his son, Kentucky U.S. Senator Rand Paul, who endorsed Mr. Romney earlier this month.

Read more: www.capitolcolumn.com...

I would guess that Ron Paul won't endorse Mitt Romney for a while. Although Rand endorsing Romney already, is interesting to say the least. Especially, because Ron Paul isn't out of the race.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
If Romney gets the nomination, of course RP will endorse him. They're both on the same party. It would look pretty silly for RP to endorse someone else.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
That would never happen. Ron Paul isnt a sell out. He's been consistant his whole career, he wont endorse someone who doesnt share the same politcial ideas he has.
edit on 14-6-2012 by theconspirator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
If Ron Paul endorses Romney he's a fraud and will lose all of his supporters, mostly, but he doesn't have to endorse Romney because his son Rand did that for him.

And this has been posted already, www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
He would be insane to endorse romney! Look at the backlash from merely his son endorsing him. He would undo all the work he has put in over the years! It's a no compromise situation. Ron is supposed to be about principles, not party politics. How could he go against his principles.

I do look forward to hearing his next statement though, if he makes one at all. Perhaps we will just not hear from him again. I just don't know how he could justify it. "well i'm in the republican party so I must endorse the war monger romney" isn't going to fly with his supporters.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
How can he support him when he dont even like the guy
surely dont support Romney attacking Iran

This is false propaganda
RP will never support Romney

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by FractalChaos13242017

Cool, more speculation.
Let us know if he does, that would be threadworthy.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni
If Romney gets the nomination, of course RP will endorse him. They're both on the same party. It would look pretty silly for RP to endorse someone else.

On September 22, 2008, Paul announced his support for Chuck Baldwin of the Constitution Party.[347]

In October 2008, Paul was declared an eligible write-in candidate in California.[348]

In the 2008 presidential election, Paul received approximately 47,507 votes.[349]

I can't find who he endorsed in 2004, but something tells me...

That Ron Paul will NOT be endorsing Mitt Romney... it's not his style.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
he might do it for Rands sake.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I don't give a F#$$%(ing Crap about who the President is. To see that people on this website think it makes a darn difference WHO we elect is VERY disappointing...........

Of all the places I expect to see people that think outside of the box............ What a let down some of you are.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

He didn't endorse McCain in 2008. He endorsed Baldwin. No way will RP sell out unless he's threatened into doing so with something really terrible.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Like I said in the other thread, Rand went on Glenn Beck and said both him and his father support Romney so unless Ron comes out with an official rebuttal then I have to go on that.
youtu.be...
Interview starts at about 3:00
edit on 14-6-2012 by wardk28 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I'' put it to you this way: while Romney is not the candidate I want, and although there isn't much difference between Obama and Romeny's proposals, "supporting the Republican candidate" is a far cry from saying you agree with everything. It may well be, in their eyes, that this guy's the lesser of two evils. At least Romeny READ UP on the FEDERAL RESERVE after hearing Ron Paul speaks so much about it. Can't say that for any other candidate.I don' tthink that will change what Romeny does, but that little bit does make it appealing.

I'm still doing a write-in vote. It won't mean a thing in this state, anyway.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by wardk28

I'm still listening to the show but I don't hear Rand saying his father endorses Romney for prez. He does say he and father support Romneys decision to audit the Federal Reserve.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

It's at the start of the interview when he was talking about his support. Right around the 3:39 mark, he says we support Mitt Romney. Glenn was asking about how his dad was handling it?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

#1. Bullcrap!!!

Where were you in 2008? Let's test your knowledge..... did Ron Paul endorse John McCain in 2008 even though they were in the same Party?

Answer: No.

Ron Paul has never followed party lines and I will say right now if he endorses Romney, then he will have officially sold out just like his Son.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
And this has been posted already, www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

top topics

join