It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Once in 50 years storm UK

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
plus a sexual shed and greenhouse to get up.

I have to ask, what exactly is a sexual shed?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by tport17

storm chaser? wot are you nuts? id be going the other way

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Live on a hill.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
It's this bloody Jet stream. Right over us at the minute bringing most of the Atlantic with it and blocking the usual warm dry air. We won't see an improvement until the jet stream moves northwards again letting the warm air back up from the south. We've still got July and August to hope for. My barbecue's getting itchy wheels.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
in australia we just had a storm last week reminiscent of movie point break once in a fifty year storm and it was a wednesday ie big wednesday....

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Weathers fine in Brum

Light cloud cover at the moment with warm winds, same as the last week, with alternating rain storms, but its still been warm.

I told the Welsh this last week, why's everyone so surprised at the rain? It skipped April and its here now.
We all decided unanimously last year the seasons have jumped a couple of months,

Its really. Not. Surprsing.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

If it is soo fine then why did I just get piss wet through???

There was even some snow in the rain!

But then.. I was in West Brom..

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Cleared up a bit here but forecast heavy rain all weekend.
Seems more like March or November than June.
Just got an allotment and this weather is proving a bit of a pain in the arse.

Sure I remember the storm we had last year being described as a one in hundred years storm or something similar.

Oh.....I too would really like to know what a 'sexual shed' is - I have quite a vivid imagination and......?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Maybe it's some sort of calm before the storm, but in north east there is literally nothing. No wind at all tree branches aren't even moving an inch. It's awesome cos I hate wind weather.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Idonthaveabeard

Lucky swine, totally peeing it down here in North Yorkshire. Loads of thunder too but i actually like the thunder. Actually, if i am honest, i quite like the rain too! Nothing beats a good storm.......

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Idonthaveabeard

Well, I'm in North East England too - it was raining and windy this morining, cleared up for an hour or so but clouds gathering now and wind picking up again.

reply to post by Flavian

Can't beat just sitting and watching a really good thunderstorm etc - strangely therapeutic and hypnotic.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Exactly. Thunder was so loud 5 minutes ago, the building was shaking.
Mind you, it is an old chicken shed converted into an office so a strong gust of wind causes it to shake!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Business as usual in not so sunny Cardiff .
Light winds and rain across the Bay but as previous posters have said , being my Birthday weekend as well its bound to get worse .
I forsee watery pints and damp cigarettes tomorrow night ;(

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by cranspace

'...Made worse by the ground being saturated by previous rain...'

Someone should tell the greedy, money grabbing, water meter agenda, corporate water companies the coming rain and floods will be made worse by the ground being saturated by 9 weeks of rain....they seem to think there's no groundwater at all, dry as a bone...desert-like in fact...wanna water meter? They won't force everyone to have one then raise the unit price astronomically year after year because of all the torrential flooding being the wrong lind of water or the sodden, saturated ground being practically bone dry...promise.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elexio
I'm just glad the UK works as a shield for most big storms! ;-)

Just rain here in the Netherlands as we have that storms tail over our heads today and coming weekend..

Actually its the republic of Ireland that bears the brunt.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Oh.....I too would really like to know what a 'sexual shed' is - I have quite a vivid imagination and......?
reply to post by Freeborn

Take it from me mate... The sexual shed always becomes the dog house in the end....

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonMoon

Originally posted by Elexio
I'm just glad the UK works as a shield for most big storms! ;-)

Just rain here in the Netherlands as we have that storms tail over our heads today and coming weekend..

Actually its the republic of Ireland that bears the brunt.

Good old Ireland, takes the rubbish weather and acts as a breakwater for any extra large tsunami's!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Have you lot gone soft? string vest and shorts weather this is

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
Its my birthday... Of course its going to rain!... Last year there was a blood moon.... Is someone trying to tell me something???

Evan we share a birthday, i was 40, i seem to remember most june 14ths in the UK as being overcast, with drizzle, and only maybe 8 times out of the 35 or so i properly remember, a fine blue sky day.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Have you lot gone soft? string vest and shorts weather this is

Har har, Here in wales, the moment the sun appears between showers people appear in shorts and t-shirts, even in february i saw someone in shorts, it was damn cold.
It wasn't you was it?.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join