It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Once in 50 years storm UK

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
It's June and this is the UKs weather

It's coming: NASA's Terra satellite took this stunning image of today's 70mph Atlantic storm at 12.45pm as it span towards the South-West

It is cold and it feels like winter i can not remember ever seeing wind and rain like this in the summer

MeteoGroup forecaster Julian Mayes said: 'We cannot find a period of June weather worse than this month since records began. For a 12-day period, it’s as bad as it can be.

Flooding is going to be a major issue over the next few days

'This rainfall will be widespread across river catchment areas and could completely overwhelm rivers downstream. There is a high risk of flooding, with situation made even worse by ground being saturated from previous rain this week.'

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Strange Weather in the UK try to keep dry

Cran

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Normal yooper summer. I'm glad you are enjoying it. We'll be glad to send you more if you like. I remember a blizzard on the fourth of July one year in Hancock. Couldn't see the fireworks.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Nothing us Brits can't handle, use to it by now. It is really bad outside at the minute wind wise, already broke next doors fence. Stay safe everyone!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
It's bloody horrible outside. It's the middle of June, in a week the nights start drawing in. It's like one permanent autumn all year round. Is there light on the horizon?, An Indian summer? Or just a slow transition in to winter.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I'm glad you are enjoying it. We'll be glad to send you more if you like

Well i am not enjoying the weather and i certainly don't want anymore sending this way

Cran

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeyTookErJeobs
Nothing us Brits can't handle, use to it by now. It is really bad outside at the minute wind wise, already broke next doors fence. Stay safe everyone!

Yep, it blew my can of beer off the wheelie bin. also trying to light a ciggie is nigh on impossible. Dam weather, no good for beer drinkers or smokers.

Very odd for June but it could be worse, I saved half my can.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Its my birthday... Of course its going to rain!... Last year there was a blood moon.... Is someone trying to tell me something???

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
Its my birthday... Of course its going to rain!... Last year there was a blood moon.... Is someone trying to tell me something???

Blame your randy Dad

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Haha I have this turbo lighter nearly burns your eyebrows of when you light it so I'm alright on that end, I'm glad we had them 2 weeks of hot weather, more than we had last year!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Sounds like someone has got a jet wash spraying on my window, i'm willing to bet if i went out the house for just 2seconds id be soaked to the bones total washing machine outside

www.ukweatherworld.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tykonos

Blame your randy Dad

The hole in his condom more like....

Yes..

He actually told me that btw...

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Happy Birthday, sorry about the weather. always next year.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tykonos

Blame your randy Dad

The hole in his condom more like....

Yes..

He actually told me that btw...

LOL, NOOO!!!! That's not what you want to here from you're Dad.

At least he was thinking of his health... (nothing against you're Mum, that's just a good safe sex message.

Anyway happy Birthday you lucky bugger

edit, ok that sounds bad, I hope you know what I meant
edit on 14-6-2012 by Tykonos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by EvanB

Happy Birthday, sorry about the weather. always next year.

Cheers mate

Stay safe..

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Just thought I'd throw this out there. The US is dryer and hotter than normal and we have had little to no storms. I live in tornado central and we haven't even had a severe thunderstorm warning for my area. I can't even think of a time when there were so few storms. I'm a storm chaser and we have gone chasing once this year. It's usually almost once a week.
So, just thought I'd let you know we're all having stupid weather.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I'm just glad the UK works as a shield for most big storms! ;-)

Just rain here in the Netherlands as we have that storms tail over our heads today and coming weekend..

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by cranspace
It's June and this is the UKs weather

It is cold and it feels like winter i can not remember ever seeing wind and rain like this in the summer

Strange Weather in the UK try to keep dry

Come and live in Cumbria for the summer, you will soon change your tune, lol.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Was in Carlisle at the weekend........was a hell of a lot nicer than it was in York when we left.........that said, that really isn't usually the case! Family up there and always laugh at their expense when the weather comes on......

Quite annoyed with this headline though to be honest. Not blaming the OP, this is how it is being reported. However, from recollection, isn't this like the 15th once in fifty year storm since 2000? Whatever, we have certainly had a lot more of them than 1 every 50!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Looks absolutely beautiful outside to me, a nice bright day, bit breezy but nothing unusual.

It seems to me that the Daily Mail is talking crap, as it sometimes does.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I didn't mind it yesterday. We had a lovely sunny day even if it was a little bit nippy, by eck though the heavens opened last night, glad I live on the top of a hill! Was nice to listen to the wind and rain lashing down all snuggled up in bed though.

The thing that's annoying me the most is that we can't really get into the garden to do much of anything. We've got the bottom of the garden to concrete plus a sexual shed and greenhouse to get up.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join