It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Military Completes Planning For Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

The U.S. military has completed its own planning for how American troops would conduct a variety of operations against Syria, or to assist neighboring countries in the event action was ordered, officials tell CNN.

security.blogs.cnn.com...

They have been planning for years. These terrorists causing the massacre cannot wait for the West to intervene, get free weapons, food and future control of the country.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Just created a thread an hours ago about the same article

U.S. Military Completes Planning For Syria
edit on 6/14/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Beat me to it!!!

I am sure we have had contingecies for Syria for years. We bombed them in 1983 during the whole Beriut thing. They did send an armored division to Desert Storm as part of the Arab Coalition, but technically they were bathists like Saddam. Lots of ammo and supplies from Syria were found in Iraq after both wars.

They have always been enemy number 1 for Isreal. They were big time allies with the Soviets and still are with the Russians.

BUT, it does seem that it looks like we are about to go to Syria on the way to Iran. Or at least keep them busy while the IDF does Iran's nuclear program in.
edit on 14-6-2012 by SrWingCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

The U.S. military has completed its own planning for how American troops would conduct a variety of operations against Syria, or to assist neighboring countries in the event action was ordered, officials tell CNN.

security.blogs.cnn.com...

They have been planning for years. These terrorists causing the massacre cannot wait for the West to intervene, get free weapons, food and future control of the country.

I've been saying for a few weeks now that I feel another big war is on the horizon and it doesn't matter who is in office. The groundwork is already being laid out. The timeframe I think for the start of the war will be between 2014 (when Obama says he wants us out of Afghanistan by) and 2016 (either by the end of Obomber's second term or the end of Bombney's first term). Syria is one of the countries I've been saying it could be. The others are Libya, Iran, or Egypt.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Why does the USA have to get involved there anyway.
Stop being the world's policeman.
And you Yanks will be up against Russia and Iran immediately.
Let the locals sort it out themselves!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sailor Sam
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Why does the USA have to get involved there anyway.
Stop being the world's policeman.
And you Yanks will be up against Russia and Iran immediately.
Let the locals sort it out themselves!

That's what they said about the Gypsies in Jews in WWII. Ahhh let them figure it out.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
So what? The US actually has war plans against most every country even allies. Im not saying they are "planning to go to war" just that there are contigency war plans against almost any and every country. Trust me, the CIA, DOD etc know where most countries main military installations are and they are constantly monitoring this and also have stategies in pplace on how they could be attackes. Syria isint special...just one of many.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
If you disconnect Iran from israel proper, it's likely to make a difference on the coming battlefield.

join