It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens if...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
So quick question that hopefully has a swift response im just oblivious to... So if we die and go to heaven for eternity (if it exists) What happens after lets say a billion years... Would we eventually forget our old lives and how we got there in the first place?

Just curious

Also if hell was real... Would that just become normal after a billion years lol
edit on 14-6-2012 by ZeroMax because: additional information

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I dnt think anybosy knows the answer to that....
Just peoples different opinions about what they believe happens so let's hear your ideas ATS

What do u think happens Zero?
edit on 14-6-2012 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I think we would still have the knowledge about our old lives but it would be unimportant to us if we were living in that kind of life.. i would think we would be able to recall memories but most of our physical life would probably not be that important compared to the spiritual world

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroMax

You do know that for a Creator God to have invented time, that He could abolish it, too. It may not be eternity, but timelessness.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Although I do not believe that when we die we go directly to heaven or hell (I believe we exist in a dreamless sleep-like state until the day of resurrection) I think that heaven and hell exist outside of time. In heaven a billion years could seem like only one day, and in hell one day could seem like a billion years. So my answer is yes, I believe we will remember who we are and how we got there- I just don't think we will really care.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

swift response im just oblivious to

Good luck with that.

Maybe time does not exist the same on the other side.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroMax

If we die and go to "heaven" I imagine we would find out we were a part of the creator and that all is one.
After awhile in "heaven" I imagine we would get bored and decide to split ourself again and go live another life again on earth or somewhere else.
On my next trip/incarnation I am going to be a fly and buzz my best buddies nose some morning just to bother the crap outta him.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Heaven and Hell is a duality where one can't exist without the other. Anytime there is a greater good there is also a lesser good, thus in the limit there is a heaven where truth abounds and a hell where lies abound.

Unfortunately, these are just concepts in the human mind, somewhat fashioned on the promise that the Creator gods came from way way out in the distant universe where it was proposed god lived and all was find and good.

There is not more heaven out there than the Movies and TV series Star Trek imagined. Likewise no real hell, though conceptually many corrupt people find they think they are in hell from the heat of reactions they sometimes get due to their corruption.

You don't have anything to worry about from heaven or hell after death, as those were just some human words to make people fell better about death and deal with death of loved ones. Heaven and Hell exists only in the minds of man in attempts to cheat death sometimes, and by the churches in trying to scare people with the concepts of rewards and judgements after death.

It is all just pagan nonsense.

edit on 14-6-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Can we interest you in a lot of virgins by the same genre?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroMax
So quick question that hopefully has a swift response im just oblivious to... So if we die and go to heaven for eternity (if it exists) What happens after lets say a billion years... Would we eventually forget our old lives and how we got there in the first place?

Just curious

Also if hell was real... Would that just become normal after a billion years lol

The Q is a huge quantum physics fail. Eternity is outside the dimension of spacetime. There is no time, not "lots and lots of time". Time doesnt exist.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroMax

Just curious

You would forget your old lives after the final judgement so you would not remember your family and friends who were found guilty and sentanced to eternal death, YHWH wipes your memories of this existence and all your tears and sorrow are no more. At least that is what i gather.

Hell is not what you think, it's just a prison constructed to house the fallen angels and lost people until the final judgement when they are convicted and sentanced to eternal death. The eternal grave. Some call it the Outter Darkness, it's just endless death. When the final resurrection comes the wicked are resurrected and judged and sentanced to endless death. I'd say it would be like you never existed because you would be dead forever and your family who did pass the test and were welcomed into the kingdom would forget you ever existed. No memory of you would remain. There are no flames in hell. The flames come from the lake of fire (Gehenna) where your corpse is burned for eternity.
edit on 17-6-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
The idea that all humans that are good go to heaven is false, a huge majority will be right here on this earth, enjoying a paradise like Adam & Eve lost. Thus God's original purpose for this earth with be re-established, and not changed by Satan.
The ones that do go to heaven will have empathy for the humans still on the earth as they rule with Christ during his millennial reign. They also replace some of the fallen angels that are now Demons. God will keep them busy like he keeps all his angels busy.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroMax

Jsut a couple of points from the Bible:

1. Angels are merely messengers: it's what their name means. (aàggelov: a messenger, envoy, one who is sent, an angel, a messenger from God)
2. They are exposed to humans all the time. (whole Bible for that.)
3. There is the assumption that Nephilim are cross-breeds of Angels and Humans.
Genesis 6:4

The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.

4. Now, Angels are residents of Heaven, and can fall--Hell is supposedly a place designed for fallen Angels, and not a place that was ever designed for Humans, but Humans may wind up there.Here.
5. Heaven is supposed to be a bit of an alien environment--where you are alien, too. Some of the things that are innate to humanity, here, are not supposed to be on the other side: like why we get married, perhaps food, the biological drives that start us down the wrong path in the first place? A lot of what makes me ME will die, come Heaven, Hell, or Atheistic Nothing. Trying to put yourself into the position of: "What I can't take with me" is something that really is beyond most people--and even those of us who grasp that aren't likely to get a full picture.

top topics

join