It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed with shotgun, man witnesses break-in at neighbor's home (no shots)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Excerpt from article...

When Scott came outside, one male standing in the corner lot, saw him and started running. That's when Scott went back inside, looked through his kitchen windows and saw a young man in his back yard.

"I don't wait," he said. "I go to my closet, load up my shotgun and get on the phone with 911."

Scott said he thought he was about to be robbed. His 11-year-old stepdaughter was also at home. When he got back to the kitchen with a gun and phone, no one was in his back yard.

"I'm still on the phone 911. I'm freaking out. I'm looking for the individuals. I look up. I see them in my neighbor's yard kicking in my neighbor's back door. They all go into the house. I'm doing play-by-play with the 911 operator, describing what they look like; what they're wearing. Everything."

"That's when I come to find out it's Chad Holley," Scott said.

Two years ago, Holley, then 15, was running from a home he had burglarized. Video from a surveillance camera at a business recorded his arrest, appearing to show several Houston police officers punching and kicking him. Four officers were charged with official oppression and last month, one of them, Andrew Blomberg, was acquitted.

Complete Article

A bit of luck that the police managed to catch then after they left. The man's description of the car probably was key. And we see a repeat offender, one that was even in controversy over police treatment during a previous arrest.

Quannel X bails him out his time.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
No a lot of blood and guts in this one, but

Since some people seem to think ownership of firearms is a bad idea, this is an example of someone who was prepared to defend himself, his child and his home but didn't feel the need to go out and enforce laws on his own or confront the 'bad guys'.

Had the burglars picked his house instead of the one next door we might be discussing another shooting.

Many times burglars would not be caught under this circumstance. This time it worked to the benefit of the honest citizens.

And the repeat offender, don't know if he is 17 yet, so he might get a second pass as a juvenile and get to do more crime until caught again.

new topics

join