It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Venezuela says building drones with Iran's help

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TritonTaranis

Originally posted by Citybig

When superior Iranian drones start crashing in the US and Obama starts jumping up and down on the spot like an excited child... THEN i'll start taking Iran & your wishful thinking seriously

Until then dream away

I don't have to dream away.

Iran has 600,000 fulltime military personnel, with 1,800,000 reservists.

The Iranian Revolutionary Guards have at least 120,000 men including a large special forces branch.

The Basij militia comprises of 3,000,000 combat ready militiamen.

Sure they may not be the most technological advanced force on earth (for now, at least) simply the numbers alone create a major headache for any enemy.

I take them very seriously, I advise you do the same.

Obviously you're making up lies again CityBig and quite clearly you know absolutely nothing about war

Iran Active Military: 545,000 [2011]
Iran Active Reserve: 650,000 [2011]

I don't see how those numbers would in the slightest mean a headache for any conventional army if they don't have the hardware they're canon fodder, Nazi Germany cut down 26.6 million Russians on there Eastern front due to having superior fire-power & tactics, and they would have killed a whole lot more if it wasn't for the Nazi's fighting on two fronts

Oh right, is that why Wikipedia lists exactly the same numbers I gave you?

Active personnel 545,000 (ranked 8th)
Reserve personnel 1,800,000 (ranked 6th)

en.wikipedia.org...

Obviously you're just not as bright as me and Germanacus thought you were.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
The only one who is being Imperialistic in today's modern society is the Chinese imperialism

Where has Tibet gone?

Just ignoring that one was you?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

The only one who is being Imperialistic in today's modern society is the Chinese imperialism

Where has Tibet gone?

Oh right.

Still in charge of Iraq and Afghanistan are you?

Is half of your country based on lands you stole from the Mexicans?

Do you still control the stolen Guantanamo Bay region of Mexico?

Do you still occupy Korea and Japan?

Are you still attempting to circle China by basing your military out of nations you would otherwise have no connection to?

Are you still attempting to force hegemony on the Pacific ocean by backing Taiwan to anger China?

You really are one of the most stupid people on this website.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

How many time kid, I'M NOT AMERICAN, ONE MORE TIME, I AM NOT AN AMERICAN, ok good i hope you got it this time...

Do you still occupy Korea and Japan?

I hate the word "occupy".its a word only hateful misinformed ignorant idiots us to tar a country, I've answered this question several other times and its just ridiculous how many idiots are out there who do not no there history or the situations today

In terms of international law a country is only "occupied" against its will and after military conflict. In that respect, America only "occupies" Afghanistan; unless of course you wanted to count Germany, Italy, and Japan among those nations being defeated in World War Two.

America has basing rights in more than one hundred fifty countries that span the entire world. These basing rights are given to the United States for several reasons; sometimes economic incentives, other times its mutually beneficial as in the case of Japan and South Korea who are protected by the US presence & bases there against North Korea and the south Koreas have absolutely no problem with this, but it also serves to give America critical strategic leverage in the Korean peninsula.

What people need to get through there heads i guess is.. just because a certain country has a military base in that country... IT DOES NOT MEAN THAT COUNTRY IS OCCUPIED LOL, only a total idiot could think otherwise

Still in charge of Iraq and Afghanistan are you?

I think you will find the Iraqi government has been handed back full control of the country

www.bbc.co.uk...

Is half of your country based on lands you stole from the Mexicans?

I'm not American... and no its not, it was stolen from Native Indians, you have a shocking knowledge of history did you go to school?

Are you still attempting to force hegemony on the Pacific ocean by backing Taiwan to anger China?

See yet again you have proved to me and others once they read this just how bad you're with your history , its always bad to eat propaganda and fill your self up with hate before making a judgement you should instead find the truth behind the matter and make your own mind up, you haven't done that, you have been mislead by other US bashers

So you believe that the US is making Taiwan hate China right? ok lets do a little history lesson for you

Lets go back to the Chinese Civil War 1927–1950

though some argue that it is ongoing, (Taiwan) was a civil war fought between the Kuomintang (KMT)-led Nationalist Government of the Republic of China, and the Communist Party of China (CPC) for the control of each others' territory which eventually led to two de facto states, the Republic of China (ROC) in Taiwan and the People's Republic of China (PRC) in mainland China both claiming to be the legitimate government of China

Ok you can read it all here
en.wikipedia.org...

So China basically still claims Taiwan, and Taiwan still claim mainland China, Taiwan (renamed) is where the opposition government of China retreated back to after the blood civil war, and the US has a precence on the Island for the protection of the Taiwanese Government & People, it has sold its arms to deffend itself against the communist government of China,

If you want anyone to blame, blame Russia for spending communism in the country which lead to a blood civil war only third on the scale after WWI & WWII

The US is simply defending Taiwan's rights to remain Republic of China (ROC) in Taiwan,

reply to post by Citybig

Jesus Christ... please stop bringing up irrelevant pointless things such as Irans armed forces & available man power they're all poorly trained poorly equipped, it means absolutely nothing and no, if you refer back to your original post you got the numbers wrong feel free to re check

Here's a reminder for you, Iraqi troops numbered approximately 545,000 to 600,000, during the gulf war

How many days did it take before they broke ranks & run away, ?

Exacly your point is totally irrelevant as i keep telling you. you clearly know absolutely nothing in the slightest about War & what counts
edit on 14-6-2012 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Where has Tibet gone?

The people of Tibet are moochers living off government hand outs for the most part. And the Dalai Lama is an American puppet.

The Tibet argument wont work. They are a part of China now. They have been for a long time.
edit on 14-6-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Its always funny when the two idiots in the class room join forces,

I can just see them now ....covertly sneaking into Toys R Us to back engineer RC toys

Iran took down the US's most sophisticated UAV without much trouble. It is not wise to underestimate Iranian capabilities.

If by most sophisticated you mean extremely outdated 20 year old tech. This stems from work done in the 90s by Lockhead and Martin. If you think this is the new stuff you are sadly mistaken.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
In regards to the comment about the Sentinel, there are several oddities about that entire incident. There are some odd things about the airframe, and the way it was displayed. I don't doubt that a Sentinel was lost in that area, and it was doing something near the Iranian border, but some of the things about the aircraft when it was displayed don't match up to known things about the Sentinel.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Evidence please...

Rq-170 sentinel was one of the latest drones of US UCAV/UAV arsenal.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ludwigvonmises003

Looking into the RQ-3. This is a newer model of outdated tech. It is not bleeding edge, or even cutting edge. Its a modified 90s design.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Looking into the RQ-3. This is a newer model of outdated tech. It is not bleeding edge, or even cutting edge. Its a modified 90s design.

Introduced in 2007 = Modern technology.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

In Australia, the US is about to put the fragile political balance at risk by basing spy planes out there to spy on China.

In Eastern Europe, the US is about to put the (very) fragile political balance at risk by basing hostile missile defence systems in Poland, targetted at Russia.

It is this imperialistic attitude the US has that thinks it has the right to do whatever it likes in whatever country it chooses, but this is falling away as nations like China, like Iran, like Russia make it known that they are prepared to confront your actions at all stages, and Venezuela now, announcing that it is working with Iran to develop UAV Technology.

US imperialism does exist, and it does have massive repercussions.

Glad someone else sees it. Its kind of right in your face, and most people couldn't give a damn about it.

im·pe·ri·al·ism 
the policy of extending the rule or authority of an empire or nation over foreign countries, or of acquiring and holding colonies and dependencies.

I thought we were helping other countries by bringing them democracy and free elections? Making the world a better place.

I have to admit, it was hard to type that without laughing my ass off. Just the definition of the word makes it all to clear how the US government uses the idea of democracy to do what it wants.

de·moc·ra·cy 
government by the people; a form of government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised directly by them or by their elected agents under a free electoral system.

The US is not a democracy when the representatives we vote in get paid to vote for whoever gives them enough cash. So to impose the idea onto other countries sure sounds imperialistic to me.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by cconn487

In Australia, the US is about to put the fragile political balance at risk by basing spy planes out there to spy on China.

In Eastern Europe, the US is about to put the (very) fragile political balance at risk by basing hostile missile defence systems in Poland, targetted at Russia.

It is this imperialistic attitude the US has that thinks it has the right to do whatever it likes in whatever country it chooses, but this is falling away as nations like China, like Iran, like Russia make it known that they are prepared to confront your actions at all stages, and Venezuela now, announcing that it is working with Iran to develop UAV Technology.

US imperialism does exist, and it does have massive repercussions.

Glad someone else sees it. Its kind of right in your face, and most people couldn't give a damn about it.

im·pe·ri·al·ism 
the policy of extending the rule or authority of an empire or nation over foreign countries, or of acquiring and holding colonies and dependencies.

I thought we were helping other countries by bringing them democracy and free elections? Making the world a better place.

I have to admit, it was hard to type that without laughing my ass off. Just the definition of the word makes it all to clear how the US government uses the idea of democracy to do what it wants.

de·moc·ra·cy 
government by the people; a form of government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised directly by them or by their elected agents under a free electoral system.

The US is not a democracy when the representatives we vote in get paid to vote for whoever gives them enough cash. So to impose the idea onto other countries sure sounds imperialistic to me.

So when can we expect Iraq and Afghanistan to start collecting taxes for us?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Introduced in 2007 = Modern technology.

Wrong. Just because something was recently fielded does not make it the latest technology. I have already shown it has its roots in the 90s, it is not our bleeding edge tech. There is a risk involved with using new technologies, that they can fall into enemy hands. With how often these were employed it was likely only used because China has already stolen the plans for it and its outdated so it doesnt matter much.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   

You haven't provided evidence for the BS you post.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Provide evidence for such stupid assumptions

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   

It is believed that the Sentinel (introduced in 2007) is a "cost-effective" UAV system built from available conventional aircraft/UAV systems with "stealth-friendly" qualities built into the design.

Two key points in proving this is not cutting edge technology. Cutting edge is never cost effective. This is built from available craft, by its very definition cutting edge can never be from already available craft.

In many respects, the Sentinel looks much like a smaller scale version of the Northrop B-2 Spirit stealth bomber - particularly from the top and side profiles.

The B-2 was available in the 90s, just like the RQ-3.

www.militaryfactory.com...

This is old technology that was repurposed.

The only stupid assumption was your assumption that I was making an assumption. You assume, I use facts. That is why one of us should be feeling stupid, and its not me.

edit on 15-6-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-6-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
The only technology that counts is the technology you are using operationally, that, to all intents and purposes IS your latest technology, everything beyond that is just hopes, dreams and ambitions.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   

you have provided no evidence for the Rq-170. Stop spinning and spouting BS.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

So the only equipment that the military uses is equipment that someone else has already stolen the design for?

The Sentinel was hidden from use for years before the military finally admitted it existed. The only reason they even did that was because there were so many reports of complaints from U-2 pilots of near misses, and of unknown UAVs out of Kandahar, and then finally a picture.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Its always funny when the two idiots in the class room join forces,

I can just see them now ....covertly sneaking into Toys R Us to back engineer RC toys

Iran took down the US's most sophisticated UAV without much trouble. It is not wise to underestimate Iranian capabilities.

That remains to be proved. If the Iranians took it down or it went down due to technical issues (as many equipments legitimately have in the past).

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join