It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin: Russia Ready to Respond to U.S. Missile Defense

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Here we go with the 'Missile Defense System' saga. Is it time(request by Putin) for Russian government to spend more to meet the so called Missile Defense Crisis from Russian perspective? or is it Chest Thumping? Or a legitimate defensive statement?

Putin's Response

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229
Here we go with the 'Missile Defense System' saga. Is it time(request by Putin) for Russian government to spend more to meet the so called Missile Defense Crisis from Russian perspective? or is it Chest Thumping? Or a legitimate defensive statement?

Putin's Response

Absolutely it is. Putin has just as much right to place his missile defence system in Cuba or Mexico as the US does to place its in Poland.

The US arguing otherwise is straight hypocrisy.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
For years I've always had a feeling that THIS is what'll cause the nukes to start flying. Hopefully I'm wrong.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

His weekly anti-American propaganda for his citizens, to enable the return of the bad old days to the people of Russia. Welcome back Soviet Empire.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

I didn't know Mexico was a Russian ally...

A more accurate statement would be any one of their allies as that is what the US is doing.

Venezuela, Bolivia, Ecuador , Ukraine, Serbia, Costa Rica, Chile, Argentina, Cuba, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Mongolia, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Iran, India, China, North Korea, Brazil,

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
The agenda is already fixed, the plan is underway, both sides of the same beast, they are both controlled by the same controllers.
It's a question of when, the sooner the better, because afterwards the world will not be the same ever again.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
reply to post by Citybig

A more accurate statement would be any one of their allies as that is what the US is doing.

Venezuela, Bolivia, Ecuador , Ukraine, Serbia, Costa Rica, Chile, Argentina, Cuba, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Mongolia, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Iran, India, China, North Korea, Brazil,

Massive ammounts of money might influence them a little, especially if the US starts getting harsher along the border, the Mexicans might feel put apon and accept the Russian help

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
"Russian help", there's an oxymoron.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
We should not forget who is Obama's mentor -- Brzezinski. One of the original cold war warriors and a founder, along with Rockefeller of the Tri-lateral Commission.

The Grand Chessboard provides some insights into the master plan. Brzezinski believes that it is in the US's strategic interest to gain control of Central Asia, as that is where most of the 'energy' is.

From memory, his plan was to get China and Russia to fight each other. Getting your enemies to annihilate each other, seems a pretty good strategy.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by deessell
We should not forget who is Obama's mentor -- Brzezinski. One of the original cold war warriors and a founder, along with Rockefeller of the Tri-lateral Commission.

The Grand Chessboard provides some insights into the master plan. Brzezinski believes that it is in the US's strategic interest to gain control of Central Asia, as that is where most of the 'energy' is.

From memory, his plan was to get China and Russia to fight each other. Getting your enemies to annihilate each other, seems a pretty good strategy.

Not from what i recall

His plan was to build up a more increasingly friendly relationship with china and to incorporate them and embrace them as a regional power and the dominant regional power of the eastern asian mainland. He suggest that a Chinese Japanese relationship that is friendly is increasingly beneficial to the United States and he notes that it can only happen if it is US led. He basically lays it out the world order but in a subtle way he does not go into great great detail on many other issues for likely good reason. However he does mention the cutting up of the world and says he who controls Eurasia controls the world. He says china is unlikely to ever become a global super power as they can never have control of the middle east and will be rejected if they tried to meddle in middle eastern affairs. He says that china will also never have control of friendly relations or have Europe as subordinate because their exists far to many differences and past conflicts. He says that china will become a dominant regional power and should seek to influence to a degree the south east asian states and the central asian states. He notes that china should be embraced and that America and China both have the same interest and that is to see the central asian states not ruled by Russia or middle eastern countries and to make sure that any regional power that tries to emerge in south east asia is put down which is something only china can do. So far what he suggested is occurring and china will in the future become a slave to the world order but not necessarily in a bad way they will have what they want and that is a role in a new global world order and a major power and friend and ally in the far east furthermore they will have complete regional dominance of the eastern asian mainland. He says its imperative that china not be viewed as an enemy and he says that if they ever decided to take a hostile approach and desire to make an anti hegemonic anti american led coalition it would be there destruction of their economy as they are dependent upon western investment and he said it would only isolate them from the world and aggravate India, Japan, South Korea, South east asia likely and Europe and North America. He says that a chinese russian coalition will never get past wishes professed by Russia to china and never get past meetings that mean nothing. As long as Russia remains isolated and with a powerless currency and weak economy and internally weak they offer nothing to china.

Recently china and Japan agreed to exchange currencies that is huge as it shows great co-operation and remember the Chinese currency is not yet exchangeable in the SDR system in the IMF. But the Japanese yen is and the SDR is a foreign exchange reserve asset that can be exchange for one of the major currencies only (yen, pound, euro, dollar) once the chinese currency is included the IMF will have complete control it needs. And China along with france set up a task force they hope to have the chinese currency involved by 2015!!! Exchanging of chinese currencies for Yen is a good thing for them because the Yen is one of the exchangeable currencies under the SDR umbrella.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I hate how politicians always talk vague in order to get out of being accountable.

Not my call- but if it was- I would say no with the notion of withdrawing our own troops from foreign territory
where we dont even need to be anyways.

Too much ball flexing going on when its the people who end up the victims.

Russia needs to tone down the rhetoric. They say we get into a lot of problems, yet they always butt into ours.

I just dont like the thought of a rocket being pointed up my arse constantly, and I do not blame them for feeling the same way either.

Our leaders are getting the entire planet in a slaughterfest.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
reply to post by Citybig

Mexico is not a Russian ally and Mexico is dependent upon American success. How anyone can think Mexico is an ally is beyond my understanding. Missile defense by Russia in Mongolia would only piss off the Chinese, you must also remember that during the soviet union existence they never saw China as an equal they wished china to be subordinate to moscow rule and them and china have had territorial disputes in the past. Is it any wonder that Today china does not want to ally themselves with a decaying Russia that once before saw China as nothing but a state that should become subordinate? The United States never humiliated china and never had problems with them in the way Russia or Japan or others have.

Iran- is an ally to Russia although not a very strong one and its unlikely to suggest Russia anytime would ever throw full support behind Iran and risk a war that would lead to Russia's destruction.

India- is not an ally to Russia and India is very western friendly is supplied by the US military

China- wont highly unlikely ever have Russian missile defense or bases in their country. China should be viewed as a ally and a great two relationship between the US and China is growing and is in China's and the US best interest to become increasingly friendly with one another.

Pakistan- Would not have russian military in it at all. Pakistan has US military bases and drones flying around and Pakistan is a friend of China's. I highly doubt china would desire Russia's bases in there or missile defense, furthermore Pakistan with Russian bases and missile defense would piss off India.

North Korea- is a rogue state its possible

Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Kazakhstan are the exact areas that the US and China seek to influence. In addition i do know that many of those countries are increasing their friendship with Turkey and their is an oil pipeline from turkey in those countries. Furthermore i believe that Kazakhstan and the central asian states are largely non Russian populations and reject Moscow rule. They were mistreated by Moscow when they were under the Soviet union. Most of the Central asian states are very nationalistic and if anything would seek to become subordinate to Turkey or China a country that did not so recently ever hurt them or treat them like dirt.

Cuba is unlikely to have any Russian military presence anytime soon. Cuba in the past that was likely now not so much

Ukraine- is trying to get into NATO

Chile and Argentina i doubt would have Russian military in their country same with Brazil.

Belarus and North Korea are most likely. Ukraine would never get in NATO and would only become isolated from the rest of Europe should they seek to have more russian influence in their country.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Two things will happen

world order succeeds

or

it fails

If it fails in the long run western civilization will die off and the eastern world and 3rd world mainly will become increasingly powerful and its likely many of them will resent us for our past intervention in their countries. There is much bad that our politicians and governments do. But in becomes a necessary evil if you look far into the future and realize that what you currently know and your family and future children or children's children will only be born into a weakened western world. There is no other option that is the truth the world order has many negatives to it and the term the word is thrown around to often and made a mockery of and we got naive children with conjured up crazy conspiracies on youtube spewing nonsense. But at the end of the day it comes down to two sides it really does. Your life as a westernern in the long run would be better should our elite come to rule and power instead of the 3rd world's leaders and eastern world should come to power.

new topics

top topics

join