It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canine teeth becoming more prominent?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Ok, I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed other peoples canine teeth becoming more prominent? I realize that we all have canines, but some are not quite as noticeable as others. Im starting to pay more attention now, and there are some that have regular canine teeth and some that seem to be really sharp. I notice it a lot more on people in the news, such as reporters/anchors and even people I run into at the store. Anyway, Im sure there's nothing to it and Im just now noticing it, but keep your eyes open....

edit on 14-6-2012 by Veritas1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Veritas1

Some people have more pointed canines than others. Because you are looking for it you are noticing it more. There isn't an increase in it. Human canines have actually become much smaller and more blunt over time, and will continue to do so in the future.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

I don't know, I think people are getting sharper teeth. Maybe they aren't people though....Hmmm

Seriously though, I see what you are saying. I guess Im just becoming more aware and paying more attention to the little details.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Veritas1
Ok, I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed other peoples canine teeth becoming more prominent? I realize that we all have canines, but some are not quite as noticeable as others. Im starting to pay more attention now, and there are some that have regular canine teeth and some that seem to be really sharp. I notice it a lot more on people in the news, such as reporters/anchors and even people I run into at the store. Anyway, Im sure there's nothing to it and Im just now noticing it, but keep your eyes open....

edit on 14-6-2012 by Nightchild because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightchild

sorry, link is broken

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

sorry, link is broken

Fixed.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I when I was younger had to have my canines rounded off due to the fact they were so bloody sharp I was constantly peircing my upper lip as the top eye teeth were the culprit. But thought I was kind of a one off. Can't say I've heard of anyone else in the same boat personally. But my dentist aa the time said it ws quite common.

SaneThinking

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I have larger than normal canine teeth. It is actually pretty normal. They come down a half a tooth length longer than the rest of my teeth, and they are a little larger proportionally compared to the other teeth.

I dont have any problems with it, and I dont claim to be of wolf descent or reptilian descent like some would instantly jump to a far out conclusion. shrug.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
idk man a few months ago i noticed my canine got a lot sharper, i was cutting the sides of my lips on accident. itold a few people about this and they laughed at me so i thought it was all in my head. who knows though

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I too have slightly larger canines. I don't think anything of it anymore aside from the fact the bottom set remain quite sharp and I occasionally 'nip' myself. The top set have become dulled by 42 years of use...I used to swear they got sharper around a full moon...active imagination at play. But since I have read this thread, I'm sure I will be scoping out peoples chompers for a few days. I'll let you know...

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

My canines are freaking sharp.
I bite myself all the time with them.
It's not fun having them.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Same here. I've learnt to be careful over time. When I was in primary school I used to get called a vampire because I had really long canines.

Useful when eating a steak, though

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

holy sh*t! don't turn your back on THAT guy :S

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

"Ok, I was just wondering ...Im starting to pay more attention now, and there are some that have regular canine teeth and some that seem to be really sharp...'

you pay more attention tada!...
you summed yourself up

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Canine teeth vary person to person. Not to many people realize how far our individuality goes. As well, a receding gumline can make our teeth appear much larger.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   

reply to post by Drezden

I don't know, I think people are getting sharper teeth. Maybe they aren't people though....Hmmm

Seriously though, I see what you are saying. I guess Im just becoming more aware and paying more attention to the little details.

My family has always had prominent canines and as far as I know, all of them are human

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
actually, canine teeth are more prominent depending on your geneology. Native Americans have very pronounced canine teeth as do people from certain Asian descents. Those with a purely British origin usually are flat and even with the rest of their teeth, Africans are generaly the same as the British except select tribes in the far eastern portion.
Native Americans have always had the most unique dental variation including cupping, cusping and various other characteristics.
I'd be interested in seeing if it was genological or environmental causes that led to this due to the prominance on this continent.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Maybe they aren't people though....Hmmm

Are you suggesting that some other race is disguising themselves to look exactly like people, but can't take the time to file down teeth or get a flipper?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I haven't really been taking notice of this, but I will from now on.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

I have noticed this in many people of Nordic descent. I have friends who are of Nordic descent, blonde hair, blue eyes, extremely pale, the works... and they have freakishly long and sharp canines.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join