It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Losing My Home......

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

.had I known 4 years ago what I know now,

You did know.

I told you so, but you didn't listen.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManicDepresive1
reply to post by gunshooter

They got laws on the books for that don't do it. A couple in L.A.destoyed the interior got jail time for that.
Like i said they paid me $1200.00 to leave it clean and good condition.

yeah because the couple was stupid and got caught, if they can't prove beyond a reasonable doubt it's arson, then you're golden,.............. like a shower, baby!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I signed an online petition the other day. A single mother is having her house forclosed ( in america ) because the mortgage comp was being a "*&%" and so the mother and her son has set up this petition to get thousand of signatures and bombard the company with them. I do hope they succeed. Maybe you could do this too? Make sure you NAME and shame the companies.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

There are loophooles. If you let someone live there over 30 days who has a child for example, there are laws protecting them. I read about a lady who fought 30 years and has not paid them a dime all that time. You might try finding a better lawyer!
If you are worried beyond belief however, don't worry. God will give you a home, it's called earth!
I plan on leaving the US and living in the tropics. I'm building a small replica of the machine that lifted stones at coral castle using ion mass displacement. I can produce and energy beam to cut stones, heavy ions to levitate them, and once I'm done I'll have all the free power I need to sterilize water, take hot showers, etc... somewhere far away from any city... someplace with a view and privacy. No more white trash neighbors sending cops to my door or stealing fishing rods and bicycles, gasoline etc... To build castles that float in the sky is not difficult.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
"So I gave him two months of mortgage payments to pay off his lawyer fees"...

+ + +

OP,

Prayers for you and your brother. No matter how it turns out temporally, you did the best thing, you please God very much.

colbe

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I didn't read through all the comments on this post, so this might have been mentioned already if so I apologize. It would not hurt to call your Congressional representative and see if they can offer any kind of assistance with this. I know my Congressional Rep has a liaison who handles calls from constituents that facing foreclosure issues.

It never hurts to call them and ask. I've dealt with my rep's office, although regarding a different issue, and they have always been understanding, compassionate, and willing to help in whatever way they can.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Thank you for sharing your story with us. It's a cautionary tale. I'm paranoid enough to believe that these crooked mortgage companies do this crap so they can steal homes. I'm not kidding.

What these crooks have done to you is outrageous. Hopefully, you'll find the legal advice & help you need. I wish you the best of luck in successfully fighting these crooks. What a nightmare.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Keep the faith. I have 5 children, and lost my home to foreclosure. I blame myself first, for not knowing I had a subprime mortgage, and them second, for taking advantage. In your case, I blame the mortgage company, period. Maybe they knew they were being bought out, and used the lost deposit trick to get money out of who knows how many people.

Check your states laws. I was in Arizona, so I was able to walk away, with just the hit to my credit. Also, I highly sugesst you read the forums at creditboards.com. There's a mortgage forum there, with lawyers and realtors, that can give you more advice than I ever could. I've been a member there for 6 years now.

Also, the government issued a $25b mortgage settlement, so check your state for that, as well.

I also offer prayers and peaceful thoughts to you, that things for work out for you. *hugs*

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   

One of the important things I did read in your post is you love your brother enough to sacrifice a big part of your life. That is more valuable than 10 homes. I know that doesn't help your current situation but I don't think your priorities were in the wrong place. Does your brother know what is happening to you now?

I don't know you but I am proud of you. What is the total cost to get caught up with the bank?

Edit to Add: Forget my last question. If you have the money to get caught up with the bank minus the fees then the bank should take the deal. This just leads me to believe there is a bigger issue going on in America. The banks are not suffering under the weight of foreclosures. They are systematically dismantling home ownership in this country and at all costs.
edit on 15-6-2012 by TruckDriver69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Huh! I put my house on the market had a church with a realator as a member put me thru a shady deal to where they sent in there appraiser and appraise the house for way below market or value. they keep saying they where buying untill the house fell into forclosure. they then said they would buy thru short sale. no way would I let them have a my house now. Anyway the city township has some kind of deal where they give you money to bring you back current on the house. I just want to sale it. Guess its where you live.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Get an attorney. There are many lawyers who will advise you free of charge.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
the real shaker here could be, is both mortgage companies and the lawyers are all working together in cahoots...have seen that happen before, as they all know each other personally.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
They're f****** vultures they sit and wait for someone to make a mistake and BAM! foreclosure. Foreclosure means long term investment to them. Why sell a house once when you can sell it over and over and send out the sheriff of Nottingham to collect.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I am so sorry and hope someone that that darn bank finds it in their tiny heart to help you.

I know such things happen because the IRS got my payment one year and applied it to someone else's account, then moved to put a lien on my home for not paying. The bank helped me with paperwork to show I'd paid on time and that they had cashed the check, but they kept saying THEY could not credit my money until THEY found out where THEY put it.

My congressman helped. Have you tried that route? It may not matter or help but contact your congressman and see if he can make some calls for you.

I'm so sorry. I feel your pain. We have 28k left to pay on our home but we're not working. My husband is at an interview right now, only the 3rd he has had since he got laid off a year ago.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TruckDriver69

They are systematically dismantling home ownership in this country and at all costs.

Bingo!

Now you know their game.............they are acquiring houses now while they are cheap. Once, if ever, the housing market comes back (foreigners coming into the country with money from our outsourced jobs) these cheap / foreclosed houses possibly will go to them.

Or the banks and government simply want to dismantle the middle class.

This isn't just a accident, it's a planned agenda unfolding.

I warned people on ATS three years ago this was happening, but nobody cares about anybody else - until it happens to them.

Bullies bully - they won't stop with the person next to you, once they are done with your neighbor they will move onto you.................this will affect almost all of us eventually.

But, until it happens to YOU - people don't care.

Nobody fights the banks and corporations for their fellow man, they simply stand around and watch their neighbor's head get chopped off just like 500 years ago.

Ego and apathy for each other are very big problems for humanity.

What affects one of us affects all of us, but most people simply don't see this.

Again I see each month more and more families that just a year ago were the middle class.

It happens one family at a time and most people simply don't care until it happens to them.

Again, my heart goes out to this guy and his family. He is now one of many.

We're going to end up with two classes.................the haves and the have nots.

Banks and corporations own Washington by their money they funnel to politicians................they need to all be heavily regulated and held accountable but that is a dirty word here in America.

REGULATION BY THE PEOPLE.

We're also going to end up fighting each other, while the elite sit back behind their gated communities and armed guards and watch the pions lower their numbers so we are easier to manage.

The bank managers.............they are just goons and will soon, once the big boys, are done with them also loose their houses too, but they don't see that coming, they think they will magically be immune.

All but the upper 1% are immune and that is what OWS was about that almost everyone on ATS poo pooed because they refuse to see they're head is next on the chopping block.

Your job is not secure, your home is not secure, your life and medical care is not secure.

Oh but our Senators and Congressmen's are..................research what they make, and their health care and retirement packages are that we pay for.

Who works for who?????

I did a thread on that a couple years back and most people said, "so what", "I don't care".............

Our entertainers who really only entertain us and are employed by a Satanic industry are worth anywhere from 40 million (Marilyn Manson) to 350 million (Madonna) and the lot of you still don't care or say, "Hey that's a-okay with me. It's okay that Madonna has a closet the size of our houses and in fact has three, four, five houses. But
most of you still think that's okay.......................so until people become more humane, more logical and see the real game that is being played this type of stuff will keep happening and yes eventually most if not all of us will be affected.

It's the really top board members, the owners, the Rockefellers and Rothchilds that we don't even have access too that are causing this.

There is the 1% sitting down to the table and cutting 3/4 of the pie and leaving 1/4 for the rest of everyone else to fight over but people don't make the elite cut the pie evenly, they would rather fight over the 1/4 piece left.

So, this type of stuff will continue and affect almost all of us.

Safe journey.
edit on 15-6-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
After waking this morning, I sat down at the computer for the first smoke of the day

You're first mistake.

Your second, living in the U.S..

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247This payment was sent to them by Western Union and was immediately denied by the mortgage company! When I inquired as to why this had happened again, they informed me that the home was now in forclosure and I could not make a payment unless I covered the foreclosure fees as well.

Dude, I felt your pain, I went through this heartache about 3 years ago, lost everything - right now I am going through bankruptcy and I managed to get some help/advice from a few good friends who had the same nightmare.

What has happened is someone has come along, told everyone a new policy is in place, as a response to the declining economy and/or the decisions made by our governments. As a result these vendors become vultures, scavenging for new risk opportunities like ours, then getting us caught through an intentionally slow system that results in the foreclosure of our homes.

I know this because my brother was in the industry, he saw the inner workings of the whole financial system and had predicted the death of the housing and lending market way before it happened.

These people are after results, quick turnovers so recoup as much money as possible to balance their books so they no longer give a damn about us mere mortals.

I hope you are successful in suing these vampires but in the bigger picture the blame squarely lays with the policy makers who have abused the market causing suppliers and vendors to go after their customers and their money in any shape or form.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Well said GrandHeretic ... well said indeed. Things are going to get interesting. Make no doubt, OP, you did the right thing ... blood first.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Sorry to hear about your problems with paying the mortgage. I'm sure you will win if the foreclosure goes any further.

But what about the FREE MONEY that Obama is giving to people who choose to not pay what they owe? Surely you should be knee-deep in your neighbours' tax money? Isn't it true that you can get your mortgage reduced if you don't want to pay the whole thing? There's an election coming, so there's no reason to NOT give you all this money.

Seriously, you could get rich off this mistake in two ways. Either you take Obama's handouts, or they try to foreclose on you and you get to sue the banks.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311
I'm glad I don't own a home at this time because if this happened to me the bank or mortgage company would have serious problems. There would also be an accidental fire the day they came to take my home from me, or at least an infestation of every bug imaginable. I would not go down without a fight and I hope you don't either. I hope you can find the resources to get you the help you need I think it should be illegal for someone to foreclose on someones home. It is a despicable thing to do and anyone who is involved must be sociopathic in nature. I hope they all burn for what they are doing.

I missed one car payment due to a disruption in my direct deposit and they put out a repo order before I had a chance to explain what happened. Such a crock. I had to hide my car until the deposit was corrected and I refused to pay any fees and eventually spoke to someone compassionate enough to wave the fees for me. I guess I got lucky this time.

I have a feeling we are going to see an increase of crimes against banks and lenders for pulling the crap that they do. They need to be held responsible for their misgivings as human beings in my opinion. I hope things work out for you. You and your family will be in my thoughts.

I have never heard of repo being issued for missing one payment, unless it was from a buy here pay here lot and not a bank. Typically you have to miss 3 payments.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join