It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Losing My Home......

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

I know this is a personal question and I don't need the exact amount, but I am curious as to how close you were to paying off your mortgage?? Again, just for my curiosity. No numbers... just how close. Months? 2 years?

I have seen a sharp increase on foreclosed homes and repoed vehicles lately and they are happening (seemingly to me) more often to the folks who are closer to paying off the entire debt. This leads me to believe that the banks are getting paid almost twice for these things. Which to my way of thinking would be good for your case. It's like they almost give folks break after break until they near the end of the payoff then they just wait to swoop in.
edit on 6/14/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
If you get enough documentation to the right people, it's stories like this that can spur new bank regulations to help stop predatory banks from stealing American citizens homes. If you've been sending payments, the banks should be jumping through hoops getting everything straightened out to avoid stories like this from hitting the press and the eyes and ears in congress especially with the possibility of new elections coming up. Banks were lent billions of American taxpayer money and this is how they treat people. Give the little guy the run around.

link   
One more thing, I would suggest you call Clark Howard and explain your situation to him.
He might be able to help.
You can't do this on your own so start asking for help, I really think he can help you out.
Good luck to you.

link   
UN effen believable That's all I have to say.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Sorry Man. Them banks mess up a lot. Sounds like you got it from every angle. Got it good! I would set up an account and make the correct amount of payments every month. This for your suit later. In the meantime, I know people haven't made payment in years and still live there. Might make money on the lawsuit.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

One wonders if you had more money if that would help. Seems like these people have some tricks up
their sleeves so that no matter what you do..the rules change and you lose..lose something anyway.
I don't own much of anything and have no bank account right now. I never got to "keep" any house I
ever took part in buying but that loss is far less drastic than what you seem to be suffering right now.
They say you can take an opportunity and make a problem out of it or take a problem and make an
opportunity out of it..keep us posted. You need our moral support. Keep that paperwork safe somewhere.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
In the past, before the big crash of 2008, the banks went out of their way to avoid foreclosure because it was expensive and too much red tape. It wasn't uncommon for people to get 6 months behind in their mortgage payments and still manage to work through it.

Nowadays, it's like they jump at the chance to foreclose on a home and I would like to know what changed. Is it a conspiratorial property grab? Since Washington is in bed with all of the large financial firms I can't help but wonder if there isn't an agenda at play here that has Wall Street and other Obama administration officials involved.

Looking back at the housing bubble, I still find it hard to believe that TPTB didn't know they were opening a Chinese Box by pushing loans on people who clearly didn't have the means to pay the loan back. (I'm not saying this was the case with OP). Hell, they were pushing loans off on illegals! I can't help but believe that somebody is getting very wealthy off bad debt. It's the only thing that makes any sense...

I wish you luck, OP.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
How about you worry more about what we the people need instead of kneeling at the altar waiting for the corporate money-shot!

This!

Your story is a sad one. My parents have gone through a similar story where they were foreclosed upon and almost two years later, are still having to pay the insurance on the foreclosed home in addition to ensuring the lawn is kept up. Apparently they can kick you out of the house, and still make you liable for its upkeep while it is changing hands. Needless to say for them hiring an attorney is out of the question.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to sheepslayer247;
I hate the position you are in through no fault of your own.
It seems no good deed goes unpunished.
You should contact the offices of the regulators of banks and other financial institutions in your state.
You may find an awesome assembleage of people just dying to assist you.
Really.
The fact that payments were refused is a MAJOR miscalculation on the part of the Bank.
(in many states refusal of a payment, regardless of size means that the debt is payed in full).
In fact, since the mortgage company now seeks to distance themselves from the original holder of your note, they may have serious problems concerning your signature.
When bundling a bunch of mortgages and other loans to make a product to sell to investors, banks used "robo-signing" in many instances, and in many, many instances the result was that the loan was signed off just as if the note had been payed off.
Don't go down without a fight. Even if foreclosed on, make them send the Sheriff out to evict you(he may not have legal grounds to do so).
If evicted return to the property after a few days and set up filing an "Adverse Possession" action.
At the very least you'll get 6 to 9 months free rent (I'm not talking about jail).
Good Luck!
edit on 14-6-2012 by Luminaught because: Last chance before Friday!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
My grandparents lost their battle and are now selling everything in the house to buy atleast something to stay in when the time comes to leave, probably something on wheels. We all tried to help them keep that house but it wasn't enough, especially since we all are perdy broke. I really hope things turn in a better direction for you and for everyone in trouble.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
There is a way to postpone it if you can't find another place quick enough. Apply for the Making Home Affordable plan ( an Obama Plan ) and that should buy you a couple of months. When they foreclosed on me they gave me $1200.00 for leaving the home in clean / good condition also. Just FYI from one whos been there.

Just another tid bit, I lived in that home for 19 months without paying them a dime. It lost $50,000 in equity and would take me 10-15 years to recover so I just stopped paying. The investment was not going to pay so walked away.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Pay your county taxes directly, if possible, some have them taken out with the house payment, but are they being payed is the question you need to find out. When the lien holder tries to initiate foreclosure, you file a lien against the home, immediately. Add a price on all you fond memories and home improvements because these things have value. The lien holder will need to pay you off before they can take possession. You can find more about remedies to foreclosure online. Also, you need to go to the lending institution in person and try to see what options you have. Document everything. I have never did any of this but others have from what I've read online.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by njl51
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

One wonders if you had more money if that would help. Seems like these people have some tricks up
their sleeves so that no matter what you do..the rules change and you lose..lose something anyway.
I don't own much of anything and have no bank account right now. I never got to "keep" any house I
ever took part in buying but that loss is far less drastic than what you seem to be suffering right now.
They say you can take an opportunity and make a problem out of it or take a problem and make an
opportunity out of it..keep us posted. You need our moral support. Keep that paperwork safe somewhere.

I think you may have accidentally hit reply on my post instead of the op's.

No worries, its a common mistake

Very nice post, by the way.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
if worst comes to worst and you do lose your home, I wouldnt let those jackals have any of it. If it were my house it would accidentally on purpose have a raging house fire.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
hey SS,
radio host Capt Joyce Riley (ret) of the Powerhour OWNED her house and yet found herself in a forclosure battle.
she had a guest Dave Krieger:
www.thepowerhour.com...

The newest version of his book, Clouded Titles, is 396 pages of updated information about the aspects of foreclosure defense, strategic default, quiet title actions and county land record functions; coupled with a detailed Index and Table of Case Citations and comes highly regarded by attorneys.
www.cloudedtitles.com...

anyhow this is all about your situation and what to do
this is the best I have heard on the subject you are up against
I hope it provides some usefull info and helps you out

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by gunshooter

They got laws on the books for that don't do it. A couple in L.A.destoyed the interior got jail time for that.
Like i said they paid me $1200.00 to leave it clean and good condition.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
That's a terrible position to be in, I don't know how it works in the US so can't really comment on regulations for mortgage lenders, but in 2009 the FSA here in the UK reallly clamped down on banks who lend to people who can't afford a mortgage in the first place, stopping the profit from arrears and also making them more liable for any customer who comes in to financial difficulty and whom can't keep up repayments i.e shouldn't have been given a mortgage or loan in the first place. I don't believe you come under any of the mentioned FSA rulings, but I know people who have got in to arrears and the banks have been very good about it where before the banks were quite ruthless over here, now they reduce payment where possible and also as all but one of the people I know are people who have lost their jobs, the government paid for the interest on the mortgage as well. The only counter to this is that getting a mortgage now is near impossible unless you have a massive deposit and perfect credit rating, although I believe that this is even being slightly relaxed as of late.

As much as I moan about the UK, the only way this type of thing would've happened here is through dealing with one of the back alley loan shark mortgage lenders. However, the beating down of the working men and women is probably still similar in other ways to America.

As a working homeowner myself and someone who has been in financial difficulty in the past, I can certainly half imagine what you're going through. The positive is that you seem to have a strong case in court, the negative is obviously you have to lose your house to get there. I'm not going to offer advice on what practical to do, that would be best for the posters in America or may be in particular in your state to comment on, but I will say don't ever fold and back down, as that is what all banks hope you will do. They will threaten everything they can, but often the cost and legalities of carrying out their threats make the probability of such action negligible.

I wish you all the best of luck, it's time like these I hope you can turn to your family and friends, in particular your brother, for support.

Good luck.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I feel for you. My husband and I have been through the mill with our mortgage holder, HFC. Our financial problems were made worse by them and the constant changing of the rules and fees. We filed bankruptsy and got a reaffirmation agreement on the mortgage. Before signing the documents, I questioned whether or not the new payment would be as stated or if there would be a loophole somewhere. Our attorney raised our questions to the bank, and they assured us all that that was the new monthly amount.

I called to make the first payment and was told an amount $168.00 higher that the reaffirmation papers stated. Of course, they were tacking on unpaid property taxes. I furnished the last bill prior to the bankruptsy showing what we owed in principle, taxes, and deferred interest. It appeared that the total owed on the house in the reaff. included all those items, but HFC claims that this is the payoff amount and that we still owe the taxes and deferred interest. So as of now, we are paying an additional $168 for 4 months until this is paid off.

This month, I received the bill and the payment was $200 more yet. This time they claim we owe back fees, but they can be added to the back of the loan. yada, yada, yada. I was assured that I need only make the monthly payment in the reaff plus the $168 for taxes this month. I bet when I go to make that payment, they won't accept the payment without the extra $200. I wish we had not signed the reaff. and left them this $#%@ house. I know all our memories are here and there aren't suitable rental properties in our area, but I'm so weary of the battle with them. As soon as our kids have moved out, I plan on moving and if HFC wants this place that bad, let 'em have it. Good luck to them selling it. We have stopped doing upgrades since we can't afford them anyway and it will be extremely dated and in need of work.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
well god damn it. I am sorry to hear that man. I wonder when you can expect your economic recovery package courtesy of the US government? I for one would like my tax money to go to saving your home rather than to saving failed banks and businesses that acted irresponsibly.

Things like this are what keep me from ever committing to our system. I hope you get your home back, or justice.

I will say a prayer for you. I don't know if it will help or not, but I really hope you win.

edit on 15-6-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
This is scary and very sad

You were victim of a fraud
from the compagny a and b and from the governement
foreclosuring all home that dont have a mortgage fully paid

Hope your brother dont feel to terrible
for accepting your money

Damn.. something like that happening
anyone would be very pissed
so much pissed that some would take revenge

Is this what they are trying to do .. making chaos and riots