page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

Originally posted by aaaiii
reply to post by g146541

what does color have to do with it? nothing.

LOL, calm down!
Before the American Indians were forced into indoctrination schools, they did not worship the white man's god.
Actually, I guess color has a lot to do with it.
The white man has been pressing his particular brand of god on many colors for a long long time.
The white man pressed his god into the brown man's world and then into the red man's world.
I don't think the white man's god has enough steam for the yellow man just yet.
People have always been easily manipulated for reasons of color and religion, that is the real devil there, our own creations.

Seeing as the main religions originated out of the middle east, can we actually say they are the white man's religions? Are the people of the middle east considered white?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

yes, they are caucasoid.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

For 12 years it is pounded in their head that it is stupid to believe in a God. That people who believe in a God are stupid and the cause of all the world's problems. They are taught that whoever disagrees with these statements are stupid as well. Isn't it funny that in a time we claim to be teaching people to think critically, we will tell them what to think, to disagree means you are part of the problem rather than part of the solution. It is too dangerous to let a mind think freely.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ScatterBrain

That has not been my experience. I actually found mostly Christians in the public school system that my daughter went through. I also found that if I didn't lock step with other Christians in the work place, I lost that job.

The poll does, after all, show that more people have never had doubts of God's existence than those that do.
edit on 14-6-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I wonder if it's more of a lack of belief in their specific religion than God?

It's strange because it seems science (physics) are starting to get into more mystical/spiritual concepts.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

When you sit down and compare, Islam isn't all that much different then Christianity.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
This thread title is very misleading.

" i have never doubted the existance of God"

It is not the same as, I don't believe in God. Mostly everyone questions the existance of God at some point.
No shockers here.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
What's most impressive is the general belief that Religion and God and synonymous.

This is a master stroke how the church has monopolized the notion of faith and belief with itself so that without the church there is no God...

I believe the reality is that young people's belief in church has dropped sharply. this i understand, as mine belief in church has been effectively non-existent for my entire life and I didn't know how to think about God, until I sat face to face with evil.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ScatterBrain

It is too dangerous to let a mind think freely.

That is probably the most fascist thing I've read in a long time.

So, 12 years of mindlessly reciting "...one nation, under god" equates to

For 12 years it is pounded in their head that it is stupid to believe in a God.

That people who believe in a God are stupid and the cause of all the world's problems.

Thirty Years' War

French Wars of Religion

Crusades

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

That has not been my experience. I actually found mostly Christians in the public school system that my daughter went through. I also found that if I didn't lock step with other Christians in the work place, I lost that job.

I believe it if you are talking about a long time ago, but, I can only speak from my experience in the school system. When goals 2000 was implemented (around 1991-2 yes, it was implemented before it was actually passed), a lot of changes were made, and religion was well, strongly discouraged. They started hiring change-agents (not teachers as we knew them to be). Even when I attended college, some professors there were telling me that their seniority was the only thing that saved their job (so this change was across the board not just k-12 grades. My experience there was shocking, I heard more lectures that sounded political than related to my class (only in some classes). It was a grave disappointment that one can gain better grades by participating in political agendas. My next bout with college was 2009, now you can even get credits towards your degree for being an activist. Who woulda thunk?
As far as other jobs, I could believe that, people believed that they should be able to hire who they want when it comes to their own business. I experienced that too and as much as I didn't like it, I always thought if I have my own business I would like to have that option as well. *shrugs
edit on 14-6-2012 by ScatterBrain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux

I believe the reality is that young people's belief in church has dropped sharply.

that right there...
the church of man has a stranglehold on religion.
In the sense that if you dont go to man's church, if you dont attend mass etc, and ESPECIALLY if you dont TIDE....then you are a godless heathen to the church of MAN

I think this also accounts for the whole WHITE MAN'S god, being that westernized christianity is the most dominant religion in the world, and seemingly the most polarizing(personally i think islam takes that cake though...)

These so called well educated athiest should do a little spiritual research by looking beyond the money making churches, and toward the undeniable fact of an omnificent presence in our universe

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

"I never doubted the existence of God."

Hm, that is a pretty weak statement, to be honest.

I think just about every one who believes in God has "doubted" its existence sometime or another. I've doubted my own existence. I've doubted the existence of others. I've doubted that this life is real. I have doubted that there exists a God or that there is a God that truly cares about humans.

These are just brief moments though. A better question would have been:

"What is your current belief on the existence of a God?"

If you answer yes or no to the first question, of course you are going to get a lot of no's, when a perfectly acceptable statement could also be "I have doubted the existence of God in the past but I currently believe in it."

The numbers aren't really surprising, and before you hound my statements, I do not accept the Bible-portraid God.
edit on 14-6-2012 by ErroneousDylan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

I am in 100% agreement with you. As I said in a previous post, I worry more about the majority of those polled who said that they had NEVER had a doubt about the existence of a god.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
As much as I am glad that more people are starting to wonder and let go of the programming they've had, I do find it funny that many Atheists seem to latch onto any sense of doubt or a demographic change away from religion with the same kind of fervor that I would associate with a religious fundamentalist.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I say it is an encouraging sign since I've been pretty well convinced Americans are getting more ignorant and dumber by the year. I expect some will say my comment offers a redundancy, which will only bolster my case.

The American Christian fascists offer no better justification for their beliefs than do Wahhabiest Muslims. They are sides of the same coin and our world is hosed because of them.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I bet i don't even need to read more then the first couple posts to guess that this thread is turned into a bashing thread religion vs (opposite of religion)

SO Ahem

Why would god who just made man and i would assume know everything about them since he did created them.

Then why put a tree containing evil and a talking snake right in a place meant to be a paradise on earth.
edit on 14-6-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

he put the snake and the tree here because he has a perverse sense of humor.

maybe it was part of his deal with satan.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by aaaiii

Im sorry i can't tell if thats a serious response or not.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Anyone else notice how with the decline of Christianity/Catholicism in the West, our moral and family values have also declined...

I'm not a big supporter of religion, but you cannot deny that it brings self restraint to people, teaches women to keep themselves from being sl*ts, teaches men to be the rock for the family, etc.
Anyone who thinks we are "progressing" IS retarded, we are not progressing if anything we are being de-evolved and going backwards to the Dark Ages, a time when murder was commonplace, a time when people cared nothing about morals. Its only going to get worse.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by g146541

Originally posted by aaaiii
reply to post by g146541

what does color have to do with it? nothing.

LOL, calm down!
Before the American Indians were forced into indoctrination schools, they did not worship the white man's god.
Actually, I guess color has a lot to do with it.
The white man has been pressing his particular brand of god on many colors for a long long time.
The white man pressed his god into the brown man's world and then into the red man's world.
I don't think the white man's god has enough steam for the yellow man just yet.
People have always been easily manipulated for reasons of color and religion, that is the real devil there, our own creations.

Seeing as the main religions originated out of the middle east, can we actually say they are the white man's religions? Are the people of the middle east considered white?

Technically speaking yes they are, in fact even Indians are considered "white".

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join