It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Amendment under attack in Middleborough Mass

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Source

So this small town passed a law monday night that allows for the ticketing and subsequent fining of anyone cussing in public. I am amazed that this was even allowed to pass, it seems that our freedoms are under constant barrage from the government and we allow it to continue. Seems that we are headed for a 'Demolition Man' / 'Escape from L.A.' society.

Snake Plissken: Got a smoke?
Malloy: The United States is a non-smoking nation! No smoking, no drugs, no alcohol, no women - unless you're married - no foul language, no red meat!
Snake Plissken: [sarcastic] Land of the free.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I saw this the other day and it didn't surprise me one bit. Massachusetts, once the cradle of Liberty, now cradle to grave control.

The thing that really Irks me is that only 1% of Middleboro residents voted on this measure. Democracy at its finest!

When you live behind the Iron Curtain like I do, it becomes clear that most people are now authoritarians and believe that they have some kind of ethical right to lord over others.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

...and here I was thinking I wanted to move the 10 minutes up the road to MA to avoid paying taxes to two states. If they are going to start this kind of trend, I'd rather just pay the taxes.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
The First Amendment *

*Not applicable in MA

new topics

top topics

join