It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most christians are Bull headed, said the christain..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I wanted to point out the faults in majority of christainity, which is mainstream conservative types, The box preaching militia that blames others than themselves. This is probably the single major reasons that christians get a bad rep. and all honesty does not help the cause at all. Judging, remember, i dont need to put a verse from the bible to know what verse your thinking of, right?

Crazy enough to tout around claiming that Christianity is the best thing on earth, when in all honesty people will not conform through words alone, this is not the 6th century, but through the lives of others. The best way for people to come to christianity is through life, (experiance) and learning to accept there values, beliefs and to find a fusion of there beliefs with christainity. The church will not help, because the church to many is a sign of comformity, in all honesty its more of a community than a conforming effort nowadays.

The payback? Let people live, let people try to mold there beliefs into christianity, without accepting everything else inbetween. Christainity was a spirituality, before it was a religion. This is the meek approach. if words were used, it shouldn't take no more than 7 words to change someones life
edit on 14-6-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I agree that Christians should take a different route when trying to bring others to God.
However, Church does good for a lot of people. It isn't just about conforming.
I know of Churches with leaders who take trips around the world spending their own money just to spread the word of God. Giving bibles to those without access. Helping those in need. Saving many.

To say that most Christians are bull-headed would be ridiculous, you don't know every Christian on this earth.
My point is look at the good of Christianity and not the bad.

edit on 14-6-2012 by GmoS719 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719
I agree that Christians should take a different route when trying to bring others to God.
I know of Churches with leaders who take trips around the world spending their own money just to spread the word of God. Giving bibles to those without access. Helping those in need.

To say that most Christians are bull-headed would be ridiculous, you don't know every Christian on this earth.

Its more of the box minded ones i was addressing .

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River

I know of Churches with leaders who take trips around the world spending their own money just to spread the word of God. Giving bibles to those without access. Helping those in need.

Well in the title of your thread you said "most" and in the first sentence you say "majority" which is just untruthful because you know neither "most" of the Christians or even the "majority".

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Well in the title of your thread you said "most" and in the first sentence you say "majority" which is just untruthful because you know neither "most" of the Christians or even the "majority".

attention grabbing title. and also "most" are the sunday school ones.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

attention grabbing title. and also "most" are the sunday school ones.

Misleading title.
But I'm not here to argue.
Peace.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

What you just described isn't a problem with Christianity, it's a problem with you and our whole younger generation. You don't get to pick and chose in life. If your hired for a job you can't tell your boss on I like making copies but I'm not doing the expense reports anymore. No you either do the whole job or be fired. Same with Christianity, you don't really get to pick and chose what commandments you like and which you don't.

That being said. Who cares what a single church, pastor or parishener have to say. The only authority recognized by an intelligent Christian is the bible.

Like the only authority recognized by a patriot is the constitution. Not the politicians, dems, reps. Same principle.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Double post sorry
edit on 14-6-2012 by KnawLick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?
Matthew 7:3

top topics

join