It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Everyone In The 99% Should Be An Independent Voter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Source of external post below: independentvotersofamerica.org...

This person says it way better than I could but these are my feelings as well. The two party system works for and under the exact same puppet master..............time to cut the strings.

Time to stop allowing the military and corporation complex control of The People.

If you’ve been paying attention to what’s been going on over the past three decades or so, you’ve noticed a few things:

1. The two-party duopoly that controls our country isn’t working.
2. Politicians—of both parties—promise over and over that things will change… but they don’t.
3. Whether it’s a Democratic or a Republican administration, when you look at the presidential advertisers and cabinet members in charge of our economy and tax policy over the past twenty years, they’re all either from Wall Street or have close ties to Wall Street.

In the United States, income inequality has become an epidemic. We are rapidly moving towards a country where the middle class no longer exists—where there will only be two classes, the “haves” and the “have-nots.”

What’s always made our country the envy of all the other countries on the globe was our middle-class. In an economically healthy America, there have always been many routes to “the pursuit of happiness:” citizens had a living standard that made them able to afford a home, to raise and educate their children, and then to expect that their children would go on to live an American life at least as good as the one their parents enjoyed.

That’s no longer the case. And if you intend to wait for the Republican and Democratic politicians who control our country to change that, you’re going to have a long wait. You see, they are either in the 1% before they take office or after they’ve held office. And while they’re in office, they rely on contributions from the 1% to keep them in office.

If the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result, why would anyone in the 99% continue to vote for Democrats and Republicans? Join us here at Independent Voters of America today, join us on Facebook. We already make up nearly 40% of all voters. With the help of the 99%, we can command a majority. And then the real work of change can finally begin. - Bill Hillsman

We cannot keep going on like this folks................It's just not working.

If it's broke, it's got to be fixed.
edit on 14-6-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The revamp to the legal and governance system would be incredible and amazing. No more incomprehensible mountains of paper would pass, everything would have to be simple, elegant and to the point to even have a chance. It does sound like one good plan to get rid of the rot and revitalise the nation.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Gary Johnson 2012

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

I really like this idea. I also think that people should refuse to participate in polls of any kind at all and keep who they are voting for a secret until after the elections. I definitely think we should band together and force this SUPREME COURT to overturn CITIZENS UNITED.

This is already The UNITED States
and any further distillation is more accurately labeled:
A SPECIAL INTEREST GROUP!!!!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Great idea but I think somehow you would get a whole lot more stars and flags if you were calling for a revolution or asking people to take up arms and go out and kill someone.

Those are apparently more EXCITING answers than simply not playing the political game anymore and holding our "hands" close to the vest before revealing them.

That answer sounds much too easy and after all is said and done, we tend to prefer the longer, bloodier hard way.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I am an independent voter. All that means is that I am not registered as a Democrat or Republican. In no way does that imply that I only vote for third party candidates. Actually, I've never voted third party in any Presidential election, although I have a few times in Congressional primaries.

It dang sure does not mean that I vote for fringe candidates. I'm a moderate. I will not vote for Ron Paul or Gary Johnson or any other radical candidate.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
With what I now know I probably will not be voting at all.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Impressive video............the guys body language was honest.

Will research into this further.

We have got to poop or get off the pot, we as a nation CANNOT keep going the way we are going.

But, will enough people put aside their party prejudicism and their "I've always voted this way just like dear old dad?"

And then there are two more things..................

It's not who votes that counts, but who counts the votes..........Stalin

and

I'm tired of empty promises...........................real tired of the BS.

Do any of you realize the medical and retirement package Congress and the Senate get?????

We don't....................over 45,000,000 of us in the good old USA have NO HEALTH INSURANCE or are paying very very high costs for minimal care.

I'm serving free soup to people who one year ago had a house, a job, kids, solid middle class.

One job loss (outsource / insource), one medical "issue" - we have good insurance coverage and still owe close to $500.00 for my breast biopsy. We're lucky, my husband makes good bucks (still) and we'll pay that off but some of you out there that kind of money would sink you.

Who in sam hell works for who?

My property taxes went up by 7,000 USD while my housing value went down.

My job of 16 years & 16 "exceeds expectations" with a accuracy rate of 98% was outsourced to India (I'm 59 and yes there is such a thing as job discrimination but prove it).

We spend over 51% of all monies on the military complex and bail out our banks and finanical institutions.

And we are forever at war, war, and more war.

War is terrorism on a bigger budget period.

Won't even get into the dirty politics played in DC by men that don occult robes and dance around a bonfire with a 40 foot owl once a year in the Bohemian Grove or the sex scandals these Skull & Cross Bonesmen commit.

You all don't think that these "secret clubs" aren't a little odd?????

And that's just the tip of the iceberg of what we know about the men in power that rule over us. What do they do we don't know about?

I never believed in the devil, always thought God, Satan, Heaven, Hell was a primitive belief..........and no I'm not talking religion.................ALL RELIGIONS bar none have been corrupted, rewritten by the victors in historical battles.

I'm going back to reading HARVESTING THE DISCONNECTED The Alien agenda for Mankind. By Andrew Hennessey

Right now he makes more sense than a lot of other stuff and explains why we are in the mess we are in.

edit on 14-6-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

top topics

join