It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1 + 1 = 3

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
It may seem like bad math, but there really is a situation in which one plus one equals three. Or sometimes even four or five.

That situation is when a man and a woman comes together and have a child. That's three people.

So in like vein, 1 + 2 can equal 5. Or seven or nine.

Think about it.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
You've been watching "Touch".

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
That situation is when a man and a woman comes together and have a child. That's three people.

That's 2+1...
Just saying.

Man and woman = 2
Baby = 1

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I'm sorry but it's very rare that I feel compelled to give attention to minimalist posts such as this. And not to mention just complete and utter nonsense. This sounds like the musings of a 7 year old, honestly.

You've wasted your, mine, their time... Minimalist post = minimalist reply.

Go away. Back in the shadows, please.
edit on 14-6-2012 by GodHatesUsAll because:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by GodHatesUsAll
I'm sorry but it's very rare that I feel compelled to give attention to minimalist posts such as this. And not to mention just complete and utter nonsense. This sounds like the musings of a 7 year old, honestly.

Sorry for coming off a bit harsh but I still meant it.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
saw this 1+1=3 used in a film or on tv very recently guessing you saw it too?,can't remember what though. It's a very cute thing to say when you're pregnant not something people should be getting into a serious mathmatical discussion about.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Also 1+1=3=1family. ..1+1=1

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

this thread=0

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyTrick

No, I've never even ehard of that movie.

Ah well. Like your avatar.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

The author of this thread placed it in (general chit chat). I think this thread is meant to be light-hearted and fun...and I for one get the point. There are many times in life where 1 +1 just does not equal 2.

Lighten up...people do have fun you know.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
A wookie and a velociraptor walk into a bar.

The wookie says "Hey I have one, and another one! What do you think?"

The velociraptor rips the wookies head off and stuffs it down his star trek uniform.

And the whole scenario unfolds into a subtle form of chaotic hilarity... ebbing and flowing into an obscene decadence... only to fade away, into the shadows that once were lit by the shine of humanities perseverance...

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

GodHatesUsAll has never ventured into the more serial threads, where haarp causes earth quakes and where rockets gone askew are in fact, and indeed, wormholes opening up to allow the lizards in.

He surely knows of these things...

but cest la vie. it is what it is. such is life. it's come down to this. alls well that ends well.. never let a gift horse look in your mouth. A trojan by any other names is still a pain in the gate. and lest we forget, if it's not for them, it has to be us.

I guess what I'm trying to say is

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

1 = 0.999999999...

Prove:
Let x = 0.9999999999...
Then 10x = 9.9999999999...
and 9x = 10x - x = 9.999999999... - 0.999999999... = 9

This yields: 0,999999999... = x = 9x / 9 = 9 / 9 = 1

Qed
edit on 14-6-2012 by Maikel040 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Maikel040

This is why they invented maths.

To just say SO. and qed stops us in our tracks.

I say.. Bananas. I don't like it. I can count 10 whole coconuts, therefore I have ten coconuts.

Math be darned, at least, while I'm counting coconuts... oO

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

The author of this thread placed it in (general chit chat). I think this thread is meant to be light-hearted and fun...and I for one get the point. There are many times in life where 1 +1 just does not equal 2.

Lighten up...people do have fun you know.

I agree completely with the criticisms from you guys and gals. I had not realized that it was a general chit-chat thread. My bad, there, sincerely.

As for the other remarks from "main" (I can't remember the rest of your nickname, sorry) regarding the threads that discuss HAARP and its 12-15 other brother/sister operations located worldwide, yeah I haven't posted there. Ever. I lost my password and seemingly the email tied to my original account, "AllSeeingLies" or was it, "AllSeeingLie" ? I can't remember, and it was a new account as well. Nevertheless, I've been a big fan of this forum since approx. 2007 and I've spent many hours, days on end, reading posts from this website as well as others. I've been tricked and fooled by the disinfo agents (won't name names) and come to realize over time just how well we're being manipulated and lied to.
And the fact that, on this account, I've only participated in what you'd consider less-than-serious threads such as dreams, ET's, and/or spiritual entities is because these are things that I have first-hand experience with. As far as the HAARP threads (I don't know why you brought up HAARP), I highly doubt there's anything you or I could add to the subject that is not pure speculation.

Sorry for being crabby, earlier

-AllSeeingLie(s) / GodHatesUsAll

p.s I used to disagree with the notion that God hates us all. It's not intended to be an inherently negative message, either. It's just that, overtime, I've began to believe more that if there is a creative and all powerful force that loves us, it (God) would not let us continue to be ruled and oppressed and poisoned at the extent that we are. This is a nightmare.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by GodHatesUsAll

Thank you for the apology.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
reply to post by GodHatesUsAll

Thank you for the apology.

It's the least I can do, EvilSadamClone. I wish I could just delete my original reply!

..That awkward moment after you say something devilishly mean and realize there's no taking it back...

edit on 14-6-2012 by GodHatesUsAll because: emoticon

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

1 + 1 = 3

As far as I can tell, 1+1=1...
...because when you add things together, you get one thing.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Sounds like the new education indoctrination is working

If you don't want to watch the whole video. Please watch the clip from 1:30 to 3:00 minute mark

top topics

join