It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am Your God, Worship Me

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

Show me ONE case where someone has existed after death and I will believe you. Until that time,I will assume you hold less evidence than I.

Never claimed to have more evidence than you. Simply stating I don't simply accept something I don't have information about, I instead question and make my own decision.

What is ridiculous is your assumption and conclusion that you are God. And then contradict yourself by saying you are just like everyone else. I thought we are figments of your strange imagination.

No contridictions. I simply failed to state that everyone is the God of everything, instead focusing on the fact, like you are to me, I am the God of you.

Yes I have lost consciousness. Do you know what losing conscious means? Show me how the universe stops when you are without conscious, and I will believe you. But I doubt that you can. You're taking a popular and ancient opinion and exaggerating it—the plight of a follower. And you call me a close-minded sheep?

Yes, I am more than aware of what "losing consiousness" means. I'm a little confused by saying that I am being a "follower" when I am the one questioning existence and you are the one simply going along with what informartion that you have without doubting its validity.

I didn't know the double-slit experiment pertained to humans. Are you quanta? are you an electron? I doubt it.

To answer this simply, yes. Yes I am. As it turns out the human body is made up of aproximately 7,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 atoms...

Link

Since this is your universe, why did you create me? Since this is your universe please I implore you, destroy me and end this charade, or at least make me think like you. Until then—and I won't be holding my breath—I must assume that you're wrong.

I created you for pure entertainment value, which should be fairly evident by your recent posts. And everyone knows that humans have free will, so I will not force you to believe something that your primitive intellect cannot reasonablly process.

And please, assume that I am wrong. Continue to live in your bubble, never questioning anything. As it turns out, if I stop acknowledging you, you will no longer exist to me.

edit on 14-6-2012 by DevilJonah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevilJonah
I created you for pure entertainment value, which should be fairly evident by your recent posts. And everyone knows that humans have free will, so I will not force you to believe something that your primitive intellect cannot reasonablly process.

And please, assume that I am wrong. Continue to live in your bubble, never questioning anything. As it turns out, if I stop acknowledging you, you will no longer exist to me.

If everything is made of energy, including your electrons, atoms, etc. Then we are all the same. This would mean that your imagination is connected with everyone else's imagination. Your brain has neurons communicating holding thought and you can examine another person's brain and see the same thing.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

Show me ONE case where someone has existed after death and I will believe you. Until that time,I will assume you hold less evidence than I.

Never claimed to have more evidence than you. Simply stating I don't simply accept something I don't have information about, I instead question and make my own decision.

I questioned your OP. Was I not questioning it enough for you? You're giving hypocrisy a bad name sir. Or are you upset I didn't accept it and give you a pat on the back?

To answer this simply, yes. Yes I am. As it turns out the human body is made up of aproximately 7,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 atoms...

So I should be able to shoot you through a double slit. I doubt that. To answer simply, you aren't even close to a quantum level. I wonder what you look like under an electron microscope.

You see, in reality, you started a thread and got all angry when I offered a different opinion. Then you tried to discredit me, rather than my ideas, by resorting to ad hominem. One post you asserted that I couldn't possibly know whether life exists after death, and scoffed at me and claimed I had no evidence. Then when I asked for your evidence that life does exist after death, you merely evaded the question. Attitudes like this shows how "primitive" one can get when their beliefs are threatened.

Come on God, I held you in such high regard, but now all I see is another human.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I was watching an episode of Through the Wormhole I had recorded last night, and Ol' Morgan Freeman touched on the subject of Biocentrism, which in a nutshell says that the world around us only exists when we measure it.

For those not familiar with Biocentrism, it is a theory from 2007 by a scientist named Robert Lanza, building off of quantum physics. It pretty much says that the Universe exists based on the consciousness of its inhabitants. Instead of the Universe creating existence, it states the opposite, that we created the Universe.

If you look at the Double-Split Experiment, More Information Here it hypothesizes that photons alter their state when being viewed or measured.

So to kind of keep things short and simple, or as short and simple as a theory of creation can be, you only exist because I see you. If a tree falls in a forest when no one is around, not only is a noise not made...the tree doesn't even exist.

Anyone have anything to add? What do you think about the theory of Biocentrism? Does it make sense? Also, since I am afterall the God of You, I will continue to allow you to exist if you sacrifice stars and flags in my honor! (sarcasm...but please, S&F's are welcome
)

.....This is silly the earth univers et al existed billions of years before we so called sentient beings where about to observe it...I will give you one example although there are many more...Plants were about ferns ect collonised land long before animal life.Plants use energy from the sun for food / energy ..However they only use a very small portion of sunlight to derive sustanance the rest of the spectrom offers no use to them..To ensure they extract the photons the requie for food /energy .They utilist quantom physics a la simmilar to the double split experiment .Plant instintively knew that photons can travell through many differnt paths at the same time .So they utilised this phenomina to ensure that they would always be able to receive the spectrum of light / energy they needed to grow...No humans existed to observe this but still it happened .This also applyed to seaweeeds an other marine plants millions an millions of years before complex animals evolved .Even placton use quantom physics to ensure the collect only the strata of light thy required to feed,

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I think maybe the post should be called "I'm your God crucify me!" Think about it.

edit on 14-6-2012 by TRGreer because: Typo

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan
This is the kind of thing that keeps me awake at night.

It doesn't really make sense in some ways though. Think about this: You're parked at a red light, some a**hole walks past your car and flings a lit cigarette into your back seat through the open window, but you don't notice it. Now if you don't notice it, then it shouldn't start a fire right? But it would start a fire regardless of whether you noticed this happen or not. Or is my logic all messed up here? From what I understand, what they are trying to say is that things only exist when you pay attention to them? What about all these women that have been date-raped because some guy dropped a vial of soporific in their drink? They didn't notice it, so why did the drug still take effect?

Edit: I apologize if my examples seem somewhat bleak or disturbing lol, but they were the first things that came to mind, because many human beings tend to use the unawareness of others to their advantage when committing nefarious deeds.
edit on 14-6-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

Bleak maybe but, you are on the right path. Although to my chagrin you are incorrect. Just because you didn't not observe the action or state of an object does not mean that some else did not. The person throwing the ciggie in your back seat witnessed it..so it is real fro him, and the same with the RHB, they wittiness it therefore it is real.

This is why I have an issue with this avenue of scientific theory. Who is required to observe the state/action of the matter in question in order for it to become a reality in our "reality". If a living being witnesses it then it is reality but if a no living being witnesses it..it doesnt exist....IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DevilJonah

but then why do people with alter perseptions (dilusional/ halucinations) see things that we do not. why dose their altered reality not become 'real' no matter how much we try to study and observe it. unless your saying that each of us creates and lives in our own uiniverse, but then why would i create a universe were i am broke, in a dead end job and spending my weekend talking to strangers on the internet?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DevilJonah

But no doubt, in the middle of a forest, far from any other humans, there will always be animals, and insects, other living beings around to witness the falling of said tree.

The whole tree falling, and no one knowing, therefore it doesnt exist is total bull#.

Can we liken this to a star dying? Theres no life in the vacuum of space, no sound, and light takes millions, upon millions of years to traverse the universe, so, say Betelgeuse goes super-nova RIGHT now, and no one is around to witness it, does that mean it hasnt happened, just because the light we are seeing is hundreds of years old, and we wont know for another 650~ years? Just because you didnt know something happened doesnt mean that it didnt happen, and doesnt exist.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join