It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oops they did it again.. Washington Post fans flames with explosive new intelligence leak

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
You'd think after calls for a special prosecutor the Washington Post would lay low but oh no they dropped another doozie this morning. Writer Crag Whitlock's June 13 article also reprinted today on front pages across America practically gives maps and directions to secret spy bases in Africa.

See the full story below.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Can't wait to see the political fallout from this. Obama must have a CIA bulletin board on the front lawn of the White House.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by beanandginger

I can't understand how this type of stuff happens! If we're engaged in something that's clearly labeled as "secret operations" by the article, why do they do this?! It makes me wonder who's side they're really on...

It seems like these reporters are willing to sacrifice national security for a "good story."

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Mapkar

Absolute rubbish! What you should be asking is, if they have been there since 2007, then WTF was all the KONY crap about? Did the secret intelligence bases not know about him or something? Ha Ha What a joke!

This has sod all to do with "terrorists" or national security! The people have a RIGHT to know where their money is going! The only and I mean ONLY time something should be withheld from the public is when there is an immediate threat! And then as soon as the threat is dealt with, ALL the info should be released so they can justify their secrecy!

To me this really puts kony 2012 into perspective and makes me think it was set up even more so now! They were planning something with that crap! luckily though their plans were thwarted!

Come on man try to see through this a little at least!

edit on 14-6-2012 by mee30 because: spelling

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by mee30

Let me guess...British?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Well I only got to read half the article...
The rest was classified: pay only...
I don't have the required clearance..

The motives of such a release escape me at this time. In fact I have completely lost the plot line. Maybe it's in fighting like the valerie plame thing... Maybe it's a power show?

Maybe Obama is trying to get at least one of his promises to work? A transparent administration...

edit on 6/14/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by mee30
reply to post by Mapkar

The people have a RIGHT to know where their money is going! The only and I mean ONLY time something should be withheld from the public is when there is an immediate threat! And then as soon as the threat is dealt with, ALL the info should be released so they can justify their secrecy!

You cannot honestly believe that can you? You think we should publish where every military installation is? Where every ICBM is located? Where every safe house is? Or the scope of every spy network we have? How about if we put closed circuit cameras in every room of the pentagon or the white house or the CIA headquarters and make it like the big brother house and we can tune in on cable and watch. Do you not see how that could put American lives in danger? I for one dont think the general public has any need to know what is going on with the military to that extent. And our enemies certainly dont need to know and if they did know you can bet your ass we will be in some trouble and the safety of the people will be at risk.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TheTardis

Yes I believe it, I don't think you need to have military bases all over the god damn place spying on everything! Do you not see how that kind of attitude could put american lives at risk? This isn't the cold war era mate. And anyway america can't afford to do it! They are already 15+ trillion in debt! Trillion man! What you gonna do when finally the house of cards comes tumbling down? Do you not see how THAT could put lives at risk? From oh I don't know, starvation? Homelessness? And everything else that comes with that!

How about spending some money to make some friends instead? lol

No country is going to attack america for god sake! You got a boat load of nukes man! Get a grip!

How come other countries manage to get by WITHOUT having spies and military bases all over the world?

It's not about national security! It is about resource pillaging! It's about control! It's about POWER! America and the UK are the biggest threat to others national security! Tell me, how do you feel about having spies all over your country? Or other countries secret military bases? Would you see that as a threat?

All the # america does get (and lets face it, it isn't MUCH) is because of your foreign policy!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
So let's see. What has Obama done lately to really, really tick off Israel?

'Cuz that would be why this is happening.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

I was born in england, it wasn't my choice and I hold no allegiance with this "british" you speak of. I hold no allegiance with england either. Now when I say england I'm talking specifically about the government. The land does not know it is called england nor does it care! Nature does not recognize these imaginary borders we have put up!

All that being said I do not hate the english people (well not all anyway), each person regardless of where they were born will be taken on their own merit!

In my opinion The english and american governments are the biggest terrorists going! They are thieves and cut throat murderers! They are scavengers and parasites! They have done so much harm all over the globe! They have killed FAR more people than the so called terrorists!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Wow, good find OP and thanks for posting. This should be interesting to see.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mee30

I don't necessarily agree with all your comments but I think your sentiment represents a growing and significant shift of the worlds population about America and the UK.

I personally think we may be walking into a trap in the middle east. We slowed down Irans nuclear program with Stuxnet. We clearly destabilizazed Eqypt and Libya with the "Arab Spring" and now we are about to engage Syria to stave off a "Humanitarian Crisis". Why? Because these are all three nations that would have come to Iran's aid if Iran were attacked. Take a look at a map of Iran and you will see how our forces will have Iran surrounded with strategic bases of operation in Iraq, Afghanistan, Kuwait, Yemen and strategic ports in Syria, Israel and the Straits of Hormuz.

Make no mistake the game has been afoot now for well over a year and we're coming down to the final few big plays. The question is what will Russia, China, Iran & North Korea do? More importantly what are they prepared to do to prevent it?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
duh...we have spys and drones in africa. as for locations?...people there on the ground could, after a while, see what's going on. this information has all been cleared by the pentagon, if not, this would have never seen the light of day. the people working at those newspapers are not stupid or un-patriotic. doesn't anyone think that there might be a good reason why this info came out?...guess not...oh, i almost forgot, if it's on Obamas watch, it's all bad.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Why the hell shouldn't iran have nukes? Everyone else has them (pretty much). Who is the only country to use nukes in aggression? Thats right, america! So surely america are the ONLY ones that are not responcible enough to have them! There is so much hypocrisy when it comes to america and the uk, it makes me laugh. I grew up when the IRA were at large and I always thought "well what the hell do you expect when we are in their god damn country! Taking a chunk of it for ourselves! We are the thieves! The IRA had every right to come and bomb us! And normally they would attack politicians, which is more than can be said for us!

My dad was brain dead though, he wouldn't go to mcdonalds because he said it's an american company and he said america funded the IRA. They could well have. But they would of been right to in this instance!

I'm just sure that no-one is going to attack you because if they did then they would just be smashed to smithereens! Especially if nukes get involved. It just wouldn't be worth it for anyone! Isn't that the point of having nukes? So I can see why iran wants some and I think they should have them too!
edit on 14-6-2012 by mee30 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

It's not the sole responsibility of the US to stop Kony and what ever he is doing. We're not the only people capable of stopping it. If our forces are there doing something else, we can't expect them to compromise what they're doing if they deem it to be more important.

I'm one of those people that still has a little bit of faith in the military and it's intentions, not much, but a little.

reply to post by jimmyx

It's not wrong because it's on Obama's watch, it's wrong because of the nature of the media. If our media serves as an instant intel service, what good is that? People watching can see live feedback of where missiles are falling in cities so they can adjust their trajectories, if you have live camera feeds you no longer need forward observers...
If there's a hostage situation in a bank and the news is live streaming the swat team, the people inside could easily see what's going on and be prepared.

What about the operation to get Bin Laden? Why would we want to give away all of the operating details? Did we really have to have six documentaries about how our military did the raid?

That's the stuff I'm talking about, it's not because it's Obama. It's because it's not right. If you're winning a game of cards you don't start telling everyone that you're counting cards and show them your hand.

If our operations in Africa were finished and the data was deemed harmless I wouldn't see a problem with it. But from what I was able to read (before the pay-wall) it seemed relevant to currently active campaigns. Sure, the locals would see what's happening. But, is there really any need to make it the forefront of an internet article? I don't think so.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Mapkar

Wooo when did I say it was? If you saw my other comments I don't think the US should be doing anything! I don't think they should be over there at all!

But seeing as they have been then don't you think they should be helping out the african people? And didn't obama or someone from the government mention something about going over there to sort him out after the knoy2012 video? My point was that they would know where he was and that he had not been seen for a long time.

You really think they were right to go in afghanistan? Or iraq? You really think they were there for honorable reasons? Did you know they spent a long time blowing the hell out of mountainsides? Even the uk went in and had a go too. Have a look at this...

It's nice of you to still hold faith, but really your faith is unfounded.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mee30

It's nice of you to still hold faith, but really your faith is unfounded.

Umm.. That is your opinion but many of us still have faith. It doesn't we agree with this administration because I dont at all but I will still stand behind our militaries action and I understand that I am not privy to the same intel that they or the president receives and I know that IF we are somewhere it is for a reason. But I am smart enough to know that I may never know the reason and I am ok with that because I go to sleep every night knowing that i live in a free and safe country.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TheTardis

What is all this about "faith"? Is it like a religion for you then? And you don't give a damn about the reasons just so long as you are "free" (even though you are far from free) and "safe" (you are far from safe too). What is the reasons you are over there is to rape and pillage? You wouldn't care?

Have you seen the wikileaks video of your boys mowing down news reporters? And then when some good Samaritan tries to help them your good old boys take them down too! All the while your boys were laughing! There were Fing kids in the car mate! He was taking them to school when he stopped to help! You don't give a damn?

Have you seen the contractors plowing threw cars down the road? Shouting "WTF you looking at?!" Then they knock over some poor lady and just drive on by! You don't give a damn?

How about the fact that your boys are helping to grow the poppies that make heroin? You don't give a damn? I'm alright jack!

How about the abuse and torture of folks of there? How about the pissing on dead bodies! Hell even adam kokesh took home a piece of burnt skull back home for his mrs! You don't care? You just keep the blinkers on yeah?

Tell me, if someone came to your country and did that to your family, what would you do? You really think that america will get away with this forever and YOU will stay "safe"? lol

Did you know that america has the biggest prison population of the world?

It seems like you want to stay in ignorance as ignorance is bliss! Something which I thought this site was against!

This is not opinion my friend it is FACT! Even from the mouths of people that have been there! FACT my friend.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Good.... nothing any government does should be kept secret from the people.

We don’t elect them & say, “well, you do whatever you like now and I won’t care”.... to keep secrets (any secret) only proves that they have a total disregard for the people.

All ‘secrets’ all the ‘in the interests of national security’ bullcrap needs to end..... people that can should leak all the information and the media should have it on the front page every day.

If all governments were open and transparent, the world would not be in the mess that it is.

Mickierocksman

top topics

join