It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Hate Your Country, So I Hate You

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

edit on 14-6-2012 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

Do you know what the English Poor Laws were? This is what they did to their own people.

Do you know what Impressment was? This is what they did to the Colonies and, again, to people at home. There's a reason why "Conscription" or "the Draft" is used in modern warfare: the historical alternative was sick. Shanghighing, in America, is a case of "monkey see, monkey do". So, this isn't about the US being all angelic, but a lot of what America is, is due to what England was, and there's no blinders big enough to hide from it without looking stupid.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

I'd prefer to use drones than go to war myself. THAT DOES NOT MEAN I WANT THEM USED WITHOUT A DAMNED GOOD REASON. So just because a bunch of people would prefer their use, doesn't mean much, in and of itself.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

yeah we have certain members with an axe to grind it seems.
Germanicus being one of them.
But I'm thinking that they are being paid to post propaganda.
It just seems a little too much.

He's always touting BRIC's nations.
Hating on usa and britain.

Sounds contrived sometimes.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

edit on 14-6-2012 by lacrimosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I'm going to respond to this as an American citizen not born in the United States.

CityBig, you need to really learn the difference between the average person in this country and the government, your hatred is very unfounded, and is bordering on trolling/offensive.

For the most part, and I've traveled all over the United States, most normal day to day people are nice and pleasant, a lot of people nowadays are cranky because we are fed up with the way our government treats us, and honestly we need to fix our own problems here at home. But, we are pretty much powerless to do this without a lot of help from the government who seems unwilling or unable to assist. So we go on our day to day business and honestly, I don't' give a damn what's happening in the UK right now, I'm more concerned about the cuts in my own town and how to stop them.. So how is that in any way stuck up and rude and responsible for anything in your country, it's not.. it's called making the citizens guilty by association... I'm sure you'd hate it if you were good friends with a rapist and they called you one just for knowing them.. same applies here.

While we are on the subject, no one hates the US more than my home country, we have a long standing hatred for the US Government in Japan, but we don't hold it against the normal people just trying to get by day to day.

So get the stick out of your butt, and stop lumping everyone in on this bandwagon, every country has their good and bad people...

Sometimes I wonder how humanity is going to survive with attitudes like yours...

OP S&F for you

And I'll add:

France: Love it there have a place in Marseilles that was left to me by family, it's so peaceful and the coffee rocks.

Japan: My home, can't say anything bad about it.

Ireland: I lived in Waterford for a year, it was the slowest, most relaxing city I've ever lived in, the pubs were fun, the people were enjoyable and the food was to die for.

Spain: Love the southern coast.

Gibraltar: I would move there in a second, it's perfect.. People are nice...

Italy: Love Venice, the water and the architecture inspire me.

Russia: Moscow was an experience, I was duly impressed by the people I met...

China: Aside from the history, I can't comment, I'm inherently distrustful of the Chinese, comes form being from Japan..

New Zealand: Karamea is the most beautiful place on the Earth... I hated to leave...

Aussieland: Have so many friends down under that I have to go visit someday...

(I could go on I've traveled a lot but I have yet to run across any truly nasty individuals in any country.. and I am friends with most of the people that I've met or dealt with...

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Well.....I hate haters no matter where they are from....so THERE.
OP....S&F for a good effort. I agree with you.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Citybig

Originally posted by smyleegrl

But that’s the thing about America. The average person is NOTHING like our government. Everyone I’ve talked to agrees that the government is a problem, but one we have very little control over. Yes, we have elections…but its basically a choice between bad and worse.

Your people vote in your governments, ergo, you and your governments are one and the same. Ergo, when your government does something, it represents you and you represent it.

So when I say that it was Americans who funded the deaths of over 3,000 in my country (which you had the nerve to speak about), It means I find both the avarage person PLUS your government responsible.

I understand, you are correct in that our government and leaders represent us. Currently they're doing a bang up job with it, too.

Are you familiar with our election process? If so, then you are aware that we are, for the most part, a two-party system. We've got Democrats or Republicans. Our next president will be chosen from one of these groups.

The problem is, EVERYONE in both parties is corrupt or inept. So that effectively limits our choice to picking between two evils.

We need reform and we need it badly. Term limits for Congress, laws requiring Congress abides by the laws it passes, etc. if I had my way, we'd get rid of almost everyone and bring in a fresh crop of folks.

Anyway, thanks for your response. I hope America can get her act together and someday earn your respect.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jefferton
Sorry but I disagree. The Americans I interact with are not the evil government....just terrible people. Seems Americans are too caught up in their own pride to really see just how terrible they are.

I really haven't met many(any) who are aren't awful people. So it is hard not to dislike your country as a whole.

I'm very sorry to hear this.

I know lots of Americans who are jerks. But I also know far more who are honest, hard working, kind hearted, and all around great people. I hope someday you get the chance to meet some of the latter. They do exist.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
Actually, here is a thread right here on ATS www.abovetopsecret.com... about how 83 percent of AMERICANS approve of the drones being used. You know, to KILL PEOPLE that they don't even know.

So the government DOES represent the people. At least 83 percent of them. ANd quite well, in fact.

SO, there ya go. Don't wonder why we are hated worldwide. I'm an expat, I see it in action every day.

Funny, I don't remember anyone asking my opinion about the drones. In fact, I don't know anyone who was a part of that survey.

Statistics are so easily manipulated. If I understand the process correctly, they simply poll a set number of individuals (say 1,000), then extrapolate the results to the population at large. So there is definently room for error.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by JDmOKI
reply to post by Citybig

We are connected and the UK is and always will be our closest allies.

No we wont
What you fail to see is there is a rumbling internal discontent in my country.

The UK will cease to exist in 2014 when the Scottish vote for independence, then we English will split, causing 3 brand new nations to exist, and all will have right wing nationalist governments with a few bones to pick with you.

Not much longer now!
edit on 14-6-2012 by Citybig because: (no reason given)

I too have a rumbling internal discontent. Though it's not in my country, but in my stomach. Your posts make me sick. I don't know if you're just a kid (If you are an adult, you should act your age and not your IQ), a troll or just plain hateful. Either way the world would do much better without people like you screwing it up. And as for my own experiences with the British, Aussies (Great drinking pals and gals BTW) and other awesome foreigners as a U.S. Marine, I had a great time with them. Not once did they judge me based on my service or standard.
edit on 14-6-2012 by WalterKovacs because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-6-2012 by WalterKovacs because: **

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

There's nothing wrong with flagwaving pride and "jingoism" as some call it.

Well actually the "corralates of war" project found a correlation between amount of patriotism and amount of war a country becomes involved in.

By reducing "flag-waving pride" like patriotism and nationalism we could reduce war.

edit on 14-6-2012 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I'm not going to respond specifically to anyone in this thread, as frankly the ones I would like to aren't worth the time even speaking to. Their baseless bias is quite obvious, and trying to argue with them is like trying to argue with your pet rock. The pet rock might actually have a higher IQ, though...

Anyway, anyone that hates a certain nationality of people for simply belonging to a country is beyond immature. That's something little kids in the 3rd grade do, not well adjusted adults. The fact of the matter is, pretty much every single country on the face of this earth has done things that are awful and inexcusable over the course of history.

The USA seems to be the popular punching bag right now, but it wasn't too long ago people thought and talked about the British Empire in the exact same way people now talk about the USA. Or the French, or the Spanish. History is full of war, atrocities, occupation, murder, theft, and inequity being perpetrated by, and against, almost everyone. If you are going to blame certain things that leaders have done, then NOBODY is innocent. If you are going to blame people for things their country has done, then NOBODY is innocent.

Instead judge people by THEIR actions, and how they treat their fellow man. Some people on ATS have complained that everyone is bashing Australia. Personally I've never seen this happen, but if someone IS bashing Australia, that's just stupid. If someone is bashing the UK, that is also extremely stupid. And bashing the citizens of the USA is equally as stupid.

Look back at WWII and the rule of Hitler and the Nazi party. How did they accomplish what they did? Because they spouted this same kind of BS that many here on ATS do. They blamed all their problems on a certain group of people. They incited hate and anger against a certain group of people. This action is not only wrong, but it's evil. Straight up, no other way to say it, it's just plain old evil.

I would find the concept that every American citizen is "just an awful person" absolutely hysterical if it wasn't for the fact that someone ACTUALLY thinks that. There are well over 300 million people here in America. Black people, white people, asian people, indian people, natives, rich people, poor people, well-off people, smart people, people of average intelligence, dumb people, nice people, mean people, decent people, lazy people, hard working people, tall people, short people, old people, young people, I could go on for hours. The point is, everybody is different, but for the most part people in America, and EVERYWHERE in the world for that matter, are just normal, good people.

I live in the Pacific Northwest of the US and have been to Canada several times. I have family in Canada. Every single time I've gone up north I've had a great time. People were exceptionally nice to me, very generous, fun to be around, and overall just great people who treated me well, and with respect and dignity. That's exactly what I expect, and that's exactly what I get from people when I travel around the USA as well.

It's a given that there are jerks anywhere you go, but they are by no means the majority, and in no way found in higher concentrations in America than any other countries. For people that claim people in the US treat them so badly, or are "awful people" my honest guess would be that these people came here to the US and treated the locals in a horrible fashion because of their obvious hatred and bias, and therefore were treated in kind by the locals.

Sorry for such a long post, but I just really wanted to demonstrate the fact that people are just people wherever you go. Mostly good, sometimes bad, but still just people. I'm glad those that hate against a whole country's population say so, because it makes it REALLY easy to spot the idiots and jerks, they basically out themselves so people don't have to waste time interacting or trying to be nice to them.

edit on 14-6-2012 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
To Mexico, the only foreign country I have ever visited. I liked your beautiful hookers & cheap feel good candy & I especially love that you guys didn't kidnap & decapitate me! As for Germanicus, I've read his threads and though I don't agree with what he says, I respect him because he states his opinions yet remains very polite and civil & respectful if you debate him with out personally attacking him. I got no problem with any culture & country in the world. I would love to travel & visit all the countries & meet the people of the world. They are all beautiful.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

No country is best... People are capable of being the best they can be.

I say that America's founders were the best people and that the people of the world should aspire to be like the founders of America were.

American's today need to aspire to be like the founders of this country as well. To put the liberty of others ahead of your own desire is the way that all governments should run.

Jaden

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

Don't feel bad. These clowns attack America and Americans because they are ashamed of their own countries and the fact they would still be cowards learning to speak German if it wern't for Americans. They anti-American talk is really just racists talking against our President. Don't pay attention to these ptiiful people of low class.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Dero

"When man is not at war with eachother, he is at war with himself." Can't remember who said that but it rings true.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

The History of The United States of America for the last century is worthy of wonder and respect.
Read it thoroughly and carefully. You will come to the conclusion that many of the current problems
facing The U.S. today are due to Foreign Influence. I grant your intelligence on that.

It is a very dangerous situation. One that has been designed to destroy The United States of America
from the inside out, using Corruption, Subterfuge, Demoralization, and Social Disruption as a means
of entrance. The ensuing across the board lack of faith in Leadership results when our leaders are
bought and paid for. Not ALL of them mind you. But many are so obviously either complicent
or clueless that either way, they are inherently Owned.

The Myopic View instead of the Long Term View has become so systematic that personal gain
far outways the future of The Nation. The U.S. is not the only boundary or eartly body compromised
in this aspect. This fact is quite clear and evident with the global economic system.

Lastly, the dismal practice worldwide for the last century of

"Harvest,Harvest,Harvest, and Plant Nothing Back", is starting to become a painful lesson.

On a brighter note, we can fix this. If we start now.

I can only pray that the Cryogenic Genepools are in order. The Media clowns are toast.

Best to You.

S&F

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by christafinias
i've always felt that America and Britain are family, looking out for each other or at least we used to.

America quite literally crushed our postwar economy, forcing decolonisation and massive debt
America stabbed us in the back in Suez, threatening again to crush our economy
Americans funded the IRA for 40 years.
America has allowed it's murderous troops to get away with killing our soldiers on operations, refusing to hand them over for trial under a British court, yet has kidnapped many of our citizens from their homes thanks to unfair treaties.

These are hardly the actions of "family, looking out for eachother", these are more like the actions of one state trying to provoke war.

I hope we get a strong government, willing to give you Americans the war you have clearly been provoking.

sounds like the British government needs to stop getting bullied by us "evil Americans". lol
do you think you war mongering on ATS is going to change anything, ur a joke bro(American slang) sorry i just wanted to give you something pointless to get pissed over, govna

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Thank you for a very intelligent and compassionate post. It is unfortunate that some have totally and completely missed the point.

I've traveled to many places in this world, and no matter where someone comes from, good people are good people. Nationalities and stereotypes are meaningless. It really is too bad that some are unable to understand this. Divide and conquer remains a powerful tactic, to our detriment.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join