It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Hate Your Country, So I Hate You

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Thanks for this - I think it is supremely important to focus on the good of each other instead of just the bad all the time.

I think and feel that most people in all countries are good - if not, none of this would work. None of it. If everyone was horrible and selfish, no one would ever want to work with anyone else to accomplish anything. It would all be a bunch of separate people working only for themselves, by themselves, and we would never have any type of society at all, or any of the sometimes wonderful things that societies create.

So look around - the proof of our goodness surrounds us as well as the proof of our crappiness.

I am for the good.

I wish the best to everyone - regardless of which piece of this planet you reside on.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
The only thing I hate America for, is the butchery of my beautiful language.

2nd colourful line.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I think TPTB like us to hate each other and country vs country works great. If we all got along and worked together we would never allow the treacheries to take place that are currently happening. Propaganda plays a huge role in this. That and a little immaturity and narrow mindedness goes a long way. I have noticed much hate for americans since day one on this site. There are plenty of examples in this thread alone already.

I wish we could all just get along but until everyone get's over themselves, and I mean everyone nothing will change. Some people will hate others just because it makes them feel better or less inferior to the other. Some argue over countries simply for the fact that they like to argue and they know that here on ATS they can find plenty of people to argue with. Instead of arguing who is better or worse we should be discussing what we all can do together to stop the madness that the governments are producing worldwide.

Our government here in America is terrible and the political voting system is a joke. We as citizens have no choice unless we are rich and contribute to TPTB campaigns out of blind brainwashed idealism. People like to blame the average American citizen for the governments actions that we have and will never have control over without a revolution of some sort. I think this is something that will become much more prevalent this year and we will see many more 'my country is better than yours' threads as the summer draws on.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Jefferton

Congratulation!!! you have successfully generalized 300 million people!!! HOORAY!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

HA! ur governments hands are so clean for the past 400+ years of British imperialism. The Brits long history of atrocities and self interest on the backs of others. The U.S. just picked up where u left off and are still playing today.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by JDmOKI
reply to post by Citybig

HA! ur governments hands are so clean for the past 400+ years of British imperialism. The Brits long history of atrocities and self interest on the backs of others. The U.S. just picked up where u left off and are still playing today.

The only atrocity we ever comitted was colonising North America and bringing you into life.
edit on 14-6-2012 by Citybig because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

reply to post by Citybig

You foreigners love to claim we did atrocities, how about pointing out a few from the "long history" you claim we have?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Citybig

reply to post by Citybig

The only atrocity we ever comitted was colonising the US and bringing you into life.

So maybe you should stop hating, and blaming Americans then huh. Since we are just the product of your country and all. Since it was you guys who colonized us then we are just brits under a different name right? Do you see where your logic is taking you today?
edit on 14/6/12 by usmc0311 because: poor spelling

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mijamija

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by smyleegrl

Outstanding thread!

Can we still hate the Belgians?

And the french?

And Carl?

*shakes fist*

Why aren't you banned, Carl!??!?!?!

Ahhhhh! Beezer knows about the Belgians......hmmm.....interesting.

And here I sat thinking I am the only one who knows the true hearts of that nefarious evil country and it's citizens.

But this Carl fellow, he is new to me......how much of a threat is he? Should I be concerned???

These are the things that happen when I leave ATS for a few weeks......

Now.....seriously. I've said this many times over on ATS, but once again.....people are people......good and bad all rolled into one. Some people are for the most part good.....but they still have bad moments. Some really really bad people have good moments, and these people exist in every bloody country on earth. I have met wonderful people from so many countries, and I have met scumbags as well. The USA does not have the market cornered on being nasty. I think the only thing is because we are such a big nation, and we let it all hang out, so to speak......we make ourselves an easy target for other nations to point out and critique.

But really, from all my travels, I can say in my experiences, we have so much more in common than we have in differences. I have yet to meet a culture I did not like.....but I'm still traveling, so I'll let y'all know if I encounter one.

Cheers!

All this divisiveness! MY country, YOUR country, THEIR country, (Begians *shakes fist)

Now I am no globalist/one world/hold hands type of guy.

But I respect other nations sovereignty.

Even though I may disagree with their own approach.

Now group hug

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

Apparently in Britain you are a minority.One of a few American haters.I only know this because my daughter married an Englishman.she has been treated quite well there thank you. The roads are somewhat Isolating because they aren't like American travel ways,and your gas prices are...somewhat expensive but she likes it there.

Daas Kapital:I do apologize I'm doing finals and all quite busy but:I like the koalas, want to catch a Yowee and you are entirely wrong....about what I can't say but I'm more than sure you will of course indulge me because you asked.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
reply to post by Citybig

Apparently in Britain you are a minority.One of a few American haters.I only know this because my daughter married an Englishman.she has been treated quite well there thank you. The roads are somewhat Isolating because they aren't like American travel ways,and your gas prices are...somewhat expensive but she likes it there.

That's the thing, I'm not

news.bbc.co.uk...

www.samizdata.net...

Even in the days after 9/11, on the single most influentual political debating show, the US Ambassador was reduced to tears because the crowd were mocking him and his country too much, correctly asserting that the US had brought it on itself.

pjmedia.com...

Not really the minority

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by JDmOKI

I assume you believe that the British enriched the lives of every nation it controlled? How about you tell me which nation has benefited from the spread of British imperial"izm" Africa? India? China? native Australians? American Indians? THE IRISH? I don't hate the British in any form. I just hate your arrogant anti anything American.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

reply to post by JDmOKI

I assume you believe that the British enriched the lives of every nation it controlled? How about you tell me which nation has benefited from the spread of British imperial"izm" Africa? India? China? native Australians? American Indians? THE IRISH? I don't hate the British in any form. I just hate your arrogant anti anything American.

Whatever, back to my question, what are some of the so called atrocities we committed, you claim we have a long history, shouldn't be hard to find some now should it?

If you didn't want to experience anti americanism, then your government shouldn't have been allowed to fund terror in my country, shouldn't have crushed our postwar economy (still causing problems to this day), shouldn't have stitched us up in the suez, shouldn't have blackmailed us into unfair treaties and shouldn't shelter the killers of our soldiers.

As far as I am concerned, we are enemies and always will be.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
This is my favorite response:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

I'm done with your rhetoric. I've seen the way you post on other forums so I'm calling this conversation OVER. start with the opium wars, British Raj, Boar wars, Zulu wars.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
ok so where like a disfunctional family, everyone has up's and downs and at least theres some form of diplomatic communication and understanding between the likes of the USA, UK , Australia ect, at least we haven't got a whole north/south Korean thing doing on.

the hate and fear of each other is filtering down from the people at the top just like they want.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

reply to post by Citybig

I'm done with your rhetoric. I've seen the way you post on other forums so I'm calling this conversation OVER. start with the opium wars, British Raj, Boar wars, Zulu wars.

Indian wars, The Opium Wars (yes, you hypocrites were in it as well), the theft of Mexico, the theft of Hawaii, the controlled south american revolutions and dictatorships causing millions of deaths, the theft of the phillipines, the use of nuclear weapons on innocents, the use of agent orange on innocents.

See, two can play at your game.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

reply to post by Citybig

We had some wars and now we are responsible for atrocities.

You yanks talk some serious crap sometimes.

And to that poster that said we were like a dysfunctional family. Don't you dare claim any connection to my country, we are seperate and never, ever joined.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

The reason why this thread was made

Anyway, I have travelled (traveled for you hateful British folks) to Spain, Egypt, The West Bank, N. Sudan, Congo, South Africa, France, Holland, Trinidad & Tobago, Mexico, Canada, Singapore and a few other places and have always felt welcomed in each and every location accept Spain (this was during the World Police & Fire Games which I attended), as I did not enjoy myself one bit when it came to mingling with the people of Barcelona. However, once I got to South Spain, I did enjoy myself a tad bit more. It didn't help that the friend I visited Barcelona with was pick pocketed (at the time Barcelona was the pick pocketing capital of the world and my friends first time out of the US) and had her passport stolen, after taking some strange dude back to our room...lmao
I also found the French a tad bit "uppity", but whatever, I had fun.

The place I loved the most however, was Egypt and South Africa. I travelled throughout the country mostly visiting very small towns like Aswan, Abu Simbel, etc., and not spending much time in places like Cairo or Luxor (although, I had a blast while there too) and I must admit, those people over there actually love us...they just despise our government of late. There's a city north of Cairo called Heliopolis, where most of the Americans live which is pretty cool.

All in all, I don't hate any country or its people. Hate is a form of ignorance that makes most people feel better about their misunderstandings or refusal to get to know a country and their culture(s). But as they say, "To Each His/Her Own" though...smh

The idea of "Hate" even, is ignorance in all its "glory" in my opinion. "Hate", what an emotion to hold onto huh

Great job OP

edit on 6/14/12 by hathorschild because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Citybig

reply to post by JDmOKI

Whatever, back to my question, what are some of the so called atrocities we committed, you claim we have a long history, shouldn't be hard to find some now should it?

If you didn't want to experience anti americanism, then your government shouldn't have been allowed to fund terror in my country, shouldn't have crushed our postwar economy (still causing problems to this day), shouldn't have stitched us up in the suez, shouldn't have blackmailed us into unfair treaties and shouldn't shelter the killers of our soldiers.

As far as I am concerned, we are enemies and always will be.

What are you...like 12 years old or something or did you not pay attention in History class? I guess you forgot about apartheid.

Apartheid In South Africa

National Party leaders argued that South Africa did not comprise a single nation, but was made up of four distinct racial groups: white, black, coloured, and Indian. These groups were split further into thirteen nations or racial federations. White people encompassed the English and Afrikaans language groups; the black populace was divided into ten such groups.
The state passed laws which paved the way for "grand apartheid", which was centred on separating races on a large scale, by compelling people to live in separate places defined by race (This strategy was in part adopted from "left-over" British rule that separated different racial groups after they took control of the Boer republics in the Anglo-Boer war. This created the so called black only "townships" or "locations" where blacks were relocated in their own towns). In addition, "petty apartheid" laws were passed. The principal apartheid laws were as follows:[21]
The first grand apartheid law was the Population Registration Act of 1950, which formalised racial classification and introduced an identity card for all persons over the age of eighteen, specifying their racial group.[22] Official teams or Boards were established to come to an ultimate conclusion on those people whose race was unclear.[23] This caused difficulty, especially for coloured people, separating their families as members were allocated different races.

By the way, how's that working out for ya now

edit on 6/14/12 by hathorschild because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join