It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Hate Your Country, So I Hate You

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

But I love spiders. Agreed on the rest. Nationalism is silly.

CJ

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoctorMobius

I like the double standards that apparently thrive on this site. It really puts a lot of people into perspective.

Self confessed hypocrite here!
Said it many times on ATS, try not to be but can't help it. Where i see myself as different from most is that at least i can admit it to myself and everyone else, instead of being in denial about it, as many seem to be!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
What a lovely post! yes there seems to be a lot of hate going on lately, fear and hate will only make things worse!
i'm from Britain and have an aunt and uncle in michigan (not good i gather at the moment).

i've visited the USA once and didnt want to come back home! i've always felt that America and Britain are family, looking out for each other or at least we used to.

like you said we cant be held responsible for shady governments and corrupt politicians, plus nearly ever countrys got some political drama going on!

thanks for reminding me that we dont all hate each other

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

I’m American. I know my country has a lot to answer for. Our government is corrupt and rotten through; our politicians are self-centered crooks, and our president seems incapable of recognizing the very real financial crisis we currently are in.

But that’s the thing about America. The average person is NOTHING like our government. Everyone I’ve talked to agrees that the government is a problem, but one we have very little control over. Yes, we have elections…but its basically a choice between bad and worse.

We do have have an awful lot to answer for.

Our government has been and is committing crimes and terrorist acts around the world. Yet we have remained silent. Our government is run by real monsters but *we* are the enablers. Between monsters and enablers, we are decidedly worse. Not only are we implicated in their crimes, they have come to despise us.

On 9/11, the US government showed their real contempt for America when they false flagged us on US soil. The truth is coming out but our people still refuse to respond. Look to the middle east for a real detailed look at the domestic bliss that fedgov is intent on delivering to us. We will have deserved it.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Citybig
There's nothing wrong with flagwaving pride and "jingoism" as some call it. If we were all like this our governments would find a very large blockade every single time they took an action that was detrimental to the country.

No, that isn't what jingoism does. What it actually does, is create a scenario where the people are willing to accept literally everything the government wants to do.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Outstanding thread!

Can we still hate the Belgians?

And the french?

And Carl?

*shakes fist*

Why aren't you banned, Carl!??!?!?!

Ahhhhh! Beezer knows about the Belgians......hmmm.....interesting.

And here I sat thinking I am the only one who knows the true hearts of that nefarious evil country and it's citizens.

But this Carl fellow, he is new to me......how much of a threat is he? Should I be concerned???

These are the things that happen when I leave ATS for a few weeks......

Now.....seriously. I've said this many times over on ATS, but once again.....people are people......good and bad all rolled into one. Some people are for the most part good.....but they still have bad moments. Some really really bad people have good moments, and these people exist in every bloody country on earth. I have met wonderful people from so many countries, and I have met scumbags as well. The USA does not have the market cornered on being nasty. I think the only thing is because we are such a big nation, and we let it all hang out, so to speak......we make ourselves an easy target for other nations to point out and critique.

But really, from all my travels, I can say in my experiences, we have so much more in common than we have in differences. I have yet to meet a culture I did not like.....but I'm still traveling, so I'll let y'all know if I encounter one.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I just find them funny, can't take them seriously. Which is why I complain about non-Cajun food almost the whole time I'm in one.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by christafinias
i've always felt that America and Britain are family, looking out for each other or at least we used to.

America quite literally crushed our postwar economy, forcing decolonisation and massive debt
America stabbed us in the back in Suez, threatening again to crush our economy
Americans funded the IRA for 40 years.
America has allowed it's murderous troops to get away with killing our soldiers on operations, refusing to hand them over for trial under a British court, yet has kidnapped many of our citizens from their homes thanks to unfair treaties.

These are hardly the actions of "family, looking out for eachother", these are more like the actions of one state trying to provoke war.

I hope we get a strong government, willing to give you Americans the war you have clearly been provoking.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by superluminal11
Unfortunately the populace is contaminated through memes or cultural mind viruses.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$

There is no other way-everything will be erased. Nothing survives this time.

Yes, dark side plans revealed

But the reality is, there will be nothing like last time ever occuring. The cosmos is paying attention and this time, everyone is being healed up, freed and progressed.

You should read some of the real soul memories people have and their family groupings, Dolores Cannon books for example.

The dark side plans don't rule the universe.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
The thing that's hilarious, is that after this thread was made, the very fascist trolls it was directed at, immediately came flooding in, in order to defend and justify themselves. You people know exactly who you are.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
The average person is NOTHING like our government.

I never said you's were

Here’s my list of my favorite things about different countries.

England: Loved my time in your country! Really enjoyed the accents (even when I couldn’t understand what was said). The lake district was beautiful and the people were wonderfully friendly. I would love to visit again.

France: Just made a short stop in a couple of smaller cities. The people were very welcoming.

Germany: The Bavarian area is simply gorgeous. And I will forever be grateful to the kind shop owner who helped a hopelessly lost American.

Greece: Beautiful area, beautiful people. The owner of the hotel I stayed in was incredibly nice. He described spear fishing in such a way that I wanted to try it myself….that didn’t happen, but I will always remember his enthusiasm.

WHAT, NO AUSTRALIA. I'M GOING TO FLIP OUT NOW!!!

Just kidding

edit on 14-6-2012 by daaskapital because: sp

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jefferton
Sorry but I disagree. The Americans I interact with are not the evil government....just terrible people. Seems Americans are too caught up in their own pride to really see just how terrible they are.

I really haven't met many(any) who are aren't awful people. So it is hard not to dislike your country as a whole.

You've probably only met those Americans who can afford to travel. Most of us would like to see the world but cannot afford it. And there are some of us who do travel cheaply and try to blend in to the host country. I have found the world to be quite welcoming to me personally and have had a great time traveling.

But I have also run into those in every country who hated me, just because I am not from their neck of the woods and do things differently at times.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

I can't keep cognitive thought long enough to be a hypocrite. Thats insanity for yah.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
I think you need to take a break from the internet, you are filled with far too much anger.

Oh boy, the Americans need to as well. No one responded well to my last thread...and it wasn't even offensive. Just shows how much i'm hated

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Citybig

Originally posted by Jefferton
Sorry but I disagree. The Americans I interact with are not the evil government....just terrible people. Seems Americans are too caught up in their own pride to really see just how terrible they are.

I really haven't met many(any) who are aren't awful people. So it is hard not to dislike your country as a whole.

The way they have completely and utterly ruined our language too, listening to them -ize everything sends shivers down my spine. Our language was formed over thousands of years, ruined in just 200 by a group of people who from day one have only ever been self interested.

It's called evolution. Though there is a part of me that does agree with you. The language seems to be devolving lately. All that texting crap and eubonics.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by DoctorMobius

Love it.......

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4
The thing that's hilarious, is that after this thread was made, the very fascist trolls it was directed at, immediately came flooding in, in order to defend and justify themselves. You people know exactly who you are.

Here here. Some of the sweeping generalisations that are manifesting themselves on this board of late are truly disgusting.

You can lead a fascist to water..........and then you should beat them viciously about the head with something sharp.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Hey TDawg, want to travel safely as an American? Take a deflated football and a pump on your travels - it is truly amazing how many situations getting a football out can dissolve. Let me be clear here though, when i say football i mean a spherical ball, not one of those squashed things your nation insists are footballs!

Daft as it sounds this actually works. Plenty of friends still work in conflict resolution all over the world. Those with an American background tend to get the most stick in this line of work, due entirely to the fact of your being the Super Power of the moment. I know a fair few that have used the football trick to get out of sticky situations. More to the point, it often leads to breakthroughs between factions! Kind of makes you wonder about the human condition really.....ready to attack, see a ball, go all gooey!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

It's like waking up in a whole new world

"Hello, why yes my pupils are as big as dimes I know"
edit on 14-6-2012 by DoctorMobius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
reply to post by TDawgRex

Hey TDawg, want to travel safely as an American? Take a deflated football and a pump on your travels - it is truly amazing how many situations getting a football out can dissolve. Let me be clear here though, when i say football i mean a spherical ball, not one of those squashed things your nation insists are footballs!

Daft as it sounds this actually works. Plenty of friends still work in conflict resolution all over the world. Those with an American background tend to get the most stick in this line of work, due entirely to the fact of your being the Super Power of the moment. I know a fair few that have used the football trick to get out of sticky situations. More to the point, it often leads to breakthroughs between factions! Kind of makes you wonder about the human condition really.....ready to attack, see a ball, go all gooey!

I've done that actually, though I prefer rugby. Of course I can do neither anymore as I have a bad knee now. So I just try to learn the language and be polite. I ask questions and actually listen.

Many people throughout the world do speck English as a second language, bless them, as I have a tendency to REALLY screw up the local language, but they seem to appreciate the effort. And thusly save me from myself.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join