It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tough Mudder

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
So, who's going to Tough Mudder? I'd go myself, but I'll be leaving the US before any Tough Mudder event near Springfield will take place. I have a few friends, including my Krav Maga instructor, who are going, however. And for those who do not know what Tough Mudder is;

en.wikipedia.org...

Tough Mudder is an adventure sports company that hosts 10-12 mile endurance event obstacle courses designed by British Special Forces to test all around strength, stamina, mental grit, and camaraderie that are billed as “probably the toughest event on the planet" and regularly attract 15-20,000 participants over a two day weekend.”[1]

I think it's good preparation to do any kind of obstacle course once in a while. There's a reason you have to do obstacle courses in the Army - beyond it being extremely good exercise, of course. If you're ever pursued by evil cops or Russian spetsnaz with bloodthirsty dogs, it's going to be something very close in experience to being pursued by a yelling officer at the obstacle course in bootcamp. So, essentially, whether in civilian or military form, events like an obstacle course and Tough Mudder prepares you for a # hits the fan-scenario.

Kind'a. Mostly, it's just badass, though.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Gauss

I just missed one that was close to here. I don't know if it was the actual "Tough Mudder" folks, but it was a mudder course.

I'm definitely planning to do one of these this year, and maybe one of the Zombie Run courses also. This is an awesome twist to the regular boring ol' runs. Tons of fun!!

They actually had a smaller version here this weekend that some people from my work participated in. Everyone seemed to really love it.

Abandoned Fields Race - Tallahassee

join