It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fasting, and my irrefultable results.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by rwfresh

It's not about calories. Calories are part of the misunderstanding of what food is. Vitamins are up there too. That's like saying that humans are dental enamel and ear wax.

Food is medicine. When you take medicines for reasons other than what they are meant to heal, you will most definitely come out with only bad results. Look around you. Who do you know who is not sick in any way?

Calorie counting will only lead to obsession and anxiety. That's the wrong direction entirely.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
reply to post by elmoastro

MmmmCheetos!

I used to fast for 3-4 days but I have not done it in a long time perhaps I should again...

Dude, do you have to mention my kyptonite? Sheesh!
Just kidding, thanks to everyone for all of your knowledgable input, very much appreciated.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by imagineering

Try burning a cheetoh or two and they won't be your kryptonite anymore. They are better fire starters than most of the more expensive supplies from the sporting good sections. I can't access my video's from my work computer, but here is someone else's from youtube.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Try burning a cheetoh or two and they won't be your kryptonite anymore. They are better fire starters than most of the more expensive supplies from the sporting good sections. I can't access my video's from my work computer, but here is someone else's from youtube.

O my word, are you serious? I used to chow down on those babies? What the @#$%.
What are "they" trying to feed us!? Poison? Yes sir they are!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Those are made for you to crave them and kill you as many things are. Not sure if you caught it but I edited my original post as to exercise. Not sure of your age but this can be detrimental after 30 or 40 or if you become lean. Better method would be light meals in a partial fast if you working out. From experience and from pretty good evidence you can hurt yourself this way so I would not advocate it.

That said if it works and you know you are healthy (not just think you are as in bulimia or anorexia). Then that might work for your body style, but I guarantee that will not work for the rest of us.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

Those are made for you to crave them and kill you as many things are. Not sure if you caught it but I edited my original post as to exercise. Not sure of your age but this can be detrimental after 30 or 40 or if you become lean. Better method would be light meals in a partial fast if you working out. From experience and from pretty good evidence you can hurt yourself this way so I would not advocate it.

That said if it works and you know you are healthy (not just think you are as in bulimia or anorexia). Then that might work for your body style, but I guarantee that will not work for the rest of us.

Certainly Noted, thank you for your advice. I encourage everyone to customize there fasting plan for maximum results AND efficiency, do a few test runs and gage yourself from there. I am 32 years old.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

(Not addressed at the OP but anyone wanting to start a fast)Test runs of about 2-3 days are a good idea! If you feel ok go for longer in about 2 weeks. Give your body time to adjust then try longer. Personally I would not go over a week, as you body when you eat again will store any sugars and fats if it is routine. You are exercising which may work now but as you age might not.

I had a friend who started a juice fast and luckily did not hurt herself but overexerted and passed out. I am in my 40’s and get anemic so I am more careful then I was when I was younger.

But there is good evidence it is good for you and your heart, but go easy on the body.
It is a physical machine and just like a machine clean it out periodically, change the oil so to speak but it does need fuel to run.
edit on 14-6-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Anemia is neither caused nor exacerbated by fasting. That has to do with your blood cells quantity, which would not diminish during a fast. The live much longer than that. The number wouldn't change that rapidly. What you probably have is a food intolerance or sensitivity that you're unaware of. If you are anemic, that would most likely be the cause unless you have a known disease. That too would be mellowed with regular fasts.

Always go slowly with fasting. When I did my first fast I got headaches that I was sure would kill me. It was just the toxins from wheat that had absolutely poisoned my digestive tract and organs. The release of those toxins was really painful, I won't deny it.

There is nothing to stop you from fasting for just one day, eating a little the next day, eating normally the following day, eating less again the day after, and then fasting for a day again. Also, half-day fasts for extended periods work, though not as well, but they are more easily sustained so really any way you can start it is just as good as any other. Best policy is to stay entirely away from processed foods for the duration though. No point in taking that crap out only to shove it straight back in.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Ha! I just tried said Cheeto experiment. You can throw the streno and kindling away. Just carry a couple of bags of these around with you. It works! (even in the wind)

One 'to' will do it.

And yeah, I don't know if I will be partaking in any more of those babies.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
My son has a friend who weights over 300lbs. He showed up a week ago wearing a t-shirt that said, Recovering Anorexic.
When I commented on the shirt, he said his next shirt is going to say "INSANITY.".

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
That's nuts! You went 2 weeks without eating... wow. Id make the 6 o'clock news if I ever went a day without eating. In other news I achieved all your results plus another 15 pounds by just replacing all my food with organic and locally grown. No joke... I wrote a post about it sometime back.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Great thread op.

I went from 77kg to 58 and steady. (dropped 4-5 sizes)
I only eat when I'm hungry and I eat what I want, doesn't matter what it is (after the initial cleansing/fasting)
add to that only
Rain water and I feel better that I did when I was a sporty teenager. My teenagers can't keep up

Now if I could just get the hubs to do the same for a stint...woo hooo!

I haven't fasted again, I'm not sure I want the extra stuff that goes with it again yet...

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

To each their own. I hope that you are taking the proper vitamin supplements while fasting, if not your are doing yourself an injustice, as your "fat" doctor was attempting to point out. It's a funny thing when you begin to lose weight, you begin to do all the things you once knew were right but were just to lazy and lethargic to act on. Many times when you fast like you have been, you quickly eliminate the garbage that you were once putting in your body, fast foods, fried foods, greasy food, sugars etc... It's amazing what happens when you stop eating $h!t, isn't it?

Keep up the hard work, just keep in mind many people still know much better than you and while your "fat" Doctor may not be the best example there are proper avenues to take that will benefit you in weight loss as well as your health.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
i fasted for 10 days beginning of last year, lost 30 lbs. While on the fast my eyes burned because of the detox and i needed only like 6 hours of sleep a night. I kept having dreams about going into the kitchen and chowing down lol

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
how about some before and after photos?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by knightsofcydonia

Who in their right mind would post photos of themselves like that for total strangers? I know I wouldn't. You guys are like a wake of buzzards. You'd tear the poor sod to pieces.

DON'T DO IT.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
if this is too work u need to drink carrot juice and stuff like that. Not just water.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

You only break down muscle when your body won't release your fat stores. Fasting for a while will cause the release of the fat stores. The problem is when we get way beyond this. Of course, some diets automatically block ATP breakdown, so you tap into your fat stores just as if you were fasting.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

If you aren't putting anything into your body but water, and you are still physically exerting yourself, you are breaking down muscle more than fat as muscle has more protein and that's what you would be requiring.

Each person is different, but I'd always avoid against this, you are doing damage that might not be immediately apparent.

You need more than water.

o'rly!! for the other 351 days of the year.. yeaaaah... need more than water. lol obviously.

but he is F-A-S-T-I-N-G.

means no food on purpose.. to cleanse the body... and give it a rest and reboot.

i do this.
good results.. i experience the same benefits as what he's saying he gets.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

Yep, I tried it a bunch of ways too when I first heard about it. Pretty crazy. I heard it first in an ATS Thread about Cheetohs!

The puffy ones work the best, they don't go out at all. Occasionally the crunchy ones will blow out.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join