It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fasting, and my irrefultable results.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Personally I follow the "eat stop eat" fasting program, I fast for a 24 hour period once a week, and also the "spartan health regimen".
I have been fasting for about 2 years now and would never look back. I love the dicipline that is required and always feel great after my fast.
If only I could stop drinking the wine.....

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by wtbengineer

If you take little to no carbs in (under 50g a day) then every 3 weeks have 1 "carb day" where you have the eggs in the am with 1 cup oatmeal and like a pb&j before the gym, nothing crazy.. the first week should have been all your water weight which should be close to 7lbs.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep
Got any before and after pics?

Not doubting you mate, but this sounds almost incredible.

Fasting every two 2 weeks is rather extreme, I have to admit.

Just by doing regular exersices, and watching your diet closely, you can achieve the same results.

vvv

I agree, and I have done that. But nothing has helped in the mental clarity department as fasting has done and this is the most invalueable. Ill have the wife get some pics I will post here, I may need help to download them. You'll like them, very obvious changes.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by imagineering

Yeah....I got seriously slammed here for posting that fasting was a quick but not-at-all easy path to immediate health benefits. OMG the resistance I met! You'd think people would have realized that they were not only completely brainwashed about food but also quite addicted.

It's a good thing to fast at least two days every week. Even withholding water then is fine. Give your system a complete break. It will definitely change your view of food and just how focused we are on it. It's not healthy by any means.

Food is not fuel. It is energy, but moreover, it is medicine. We over-medicate when we eat as nutritionists and doctors prescribe. Our bodies need surprisingly little food to exist, and once your body is clean you need even less. I spent my youth eating something small only once every four days. I was a pastry chef for a decade and ate only what I tasted from the stuff I was preparing, because the flavors had to be just right. (I never use recipes.) I was quite slim through all of that, despite having three children. It was only when I took a desk job and found myself bored and sedentary that my weight increased, as did my appetite. I could eat a lot during those years. But I was also living contrary to my nature. I'm not meant to do that sort of work and should never have taken that job. It seemed fulfilling at the time but as boredom set in, so did fat. Fortunately it came off once I left that desk.

Fasting is a really good cure and a worthy addition to everyone's lifestyle, regardless of age or health status. For the elderly and ill it might be a good idea to do this regularly. The elderly don't even want to eat much. We too often force it on them. There would be obvious benefits for the chronically ill.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I equate carbs to sugar and so treat bread and crackers etc as if it was sugar as that is what the body will convert them to.

I'll eat an egg or two and sometimes a slice of toast. No cereal too often. The simple egg protein is enough for the day often times. If I eat lunch it will be a small portion. Salad & a protien (chicken or other meat) for dinner. Usually water, sometimes milk. I'm a sucker for coffee and tea but have moderated those as well.

It's about taking control of the machine and understanding the mind/body connection to feelings/emotions that result in creation. You do flesh out your thoughts and beliefs and we have a whip-saw of diet data that goes against itself every five to ten years. Carbs good, carbs bad, fats bad, fats, good. The dilemma is in the conflicting programs running in the head. Clear the programming and you can run the machine like you run your vehicle. You would never pour a cup of sugar in your gas tank, why do it to your body gas tank? You can and the car will still run, but you won't be running it optimally.

I don't believe in the food pyramid, 3 square meals a day, atkins diet (or any diet for that matter). Omnivores Dilemma and The Rules of Food are great places to start and offer the mind a way to reprogram to a more local and natural diet.

What set me free was simply observing the hog-pile plates people consume at each meal. No wonder many Americans are looking hog-fed. They are. Combined with some new ideas in mind/body and the game changed completely. Namaste to McDonalds for giving me a billion reminders of this. Ask yourself, "Do I want to eat in a place that is basically a feed lot for humans?"

All of my rules are broken at times via the maxim, "Everything in moderation, including moderation"

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by UsualSuspect
Personally I follow the "eat stop eat" fasting program, I fast for a 24 hour period once a week, and also the "spartan health regimen".
I have been fasting for about 2 years now and would never look back. I love the dicipline that is required and always feel great after my fast.
If only I could stop drinking the wine.....

I have done research on that program, and it seems like it is actually working for everyone who undergoes it. When my two week intermittant program ends, I may undertake that program but modified a bit by extending the time between meals a bit more. The principles outlined in that program should be of interest to anyone desiring to change their life.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Congrats on finding a method that worked for you, and not buying into all the hype. I, too, take anxiety meds on top of antidepressants. I just chalked it up "being awake" in a society full of sleepers....the meds help me function in a society I don't feel apart of...

How long did it take you to lose the 50lbs and experience all those benefits? How many 2wk on/2wk off cycles?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Few years ago my sister went on a water fast for about 20 days if a remember correctly,she was close to 200 pounds.After 20 days she was literally half the person she used to be ,she lost tons of weight.The fist days were very difficult but after a while she said that she never felt hungry.
For people that only have a few pounds to shed I recommend the 24 hour fast,have your meal later in the day,than just stop eating and drink only water until the same time next day.And cutting out carbs makes wonders for your body.
edit on 14-6-2012 by adnachiel21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg

Yeah....I got seriously slammed here for posting that fasting was a quick but not-at-all easy path to immediate health benefits. OMG the resistance I met! You'd think people would have realized that they were not only completely brainwashed about food but also quite addicted.

It's a good thing to fast at least two days every week. Even withholding water then is fine. Give your system a complete break. It will definitely change your view of food and just how focused we are on it. It's not healthy by any means.

Food is not fuel. It is energy, but moreover, it is medicine. We over-medicate when we eat as nutritionists and doctors prescribe. Our bodies need surprisingly little food to exist, and once your body is clean you need even less. I spent my youth eating something small only once every four days. I was a pastry chef for a decade and ate only what I tasted from the stuff I was preparing, because the flavors had to be just right. (I never use recipes.) I was quite slim through all of that, despite having three children. It was only when I took a desk job and found myself bored and sedentary that my weight increased, as did my appetite. I could eat a lot during those years. But I was also living contrary to my nature. I'm not meant to do that sort of work and should never have taken that job. It seemed fulfilling at the time but as boredom set in, so did fat. Fortunately it came off once I left that desk.

Fasting is a really good cure and a worthy addition to everyone's lifestyle, regardless of age or health status. For the elderly and ill it might be a good idea to do this regularly. The elderly don't even want to eat much. We too often force it on them. There would be obvious benefits for the chronically ill.

I am expecting to get slammed too, but i will make no arguements here, my intention was to reveal how it FOR A FACT worked for me and became a rescue for me. My results cannot be made fantasy and thrown under the rug, fasting and only fasting realy helped me. Thank you for your input!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by starsyren

Congrats on finding a method that worked for you, and not buying into all the hype. I, too, take anxiety meds on top of antidepressants. I just chalked it up "being awake" in a society full of sleepers....the meds help me function in a society I don't feel apart of...

How long did it take you to lose the 50lbs and experience all those benefits? How many 2wk on/2wk off cycles?

I started April 12th 2012 on my two week cycles. I started the fast that week, and did a few test runs before that of 5 days. The mental effects where experienced during my 5 day test runs, and I became a believer in that realm considering mental health. Into the 2nd week of my fast the fat started to melt off big time. So the results came quickly,My jogging time would get longer each time I ran, sometimes it feels like I can run forever.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by scottromansky

I did just have a carb day the other day when I was feeling kind of lousy and thought I needed it. I think that is probably a good idea. Strangely, I didn't lose any weight at all the first week, even though I could see my stomach shrinking, and my chest and arms growing. I believe I was just gaining enough muscle to balance things out.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Two weeks is an insane length of time. You're doing more harm than good.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by disgustingfatbody

Two weeks is an insane length of time. You're doing more harm than good.

Nice signature, enjoy your donut. Enough said.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by elmoastro
I equate carbs to sugar and so treat bread and crackers etc as if it was sugar as that is what the body will convert them to.

I'll eat an egg or two and sometimes a slice of toast. No cereal too often. The simple egg protein is enough for the day often times. If I eat lunch it will be a small portion. Salad & a protien (chicken or other meat) for dinner. Usually water, sometimes milk. I'm a sucker for coffee and tea but have moderated those as well.

It's about taking control of the machine and understanding the mind/body connection to feelings/emotions that result in creation. You do flesh out your thoughts and beliefs and we have a whip-saw of diet data that goes against itself every five to ten years. Carbs good, carbs bad, fats bad, fats, good. The dilemma is in the conflicting programs running in the head. Clear the programming and you can run the machine like you run your vehicle. You would never pour a cup of sugar in your gas tank, why do it to your body gas tank? You can and the car will still run, but you won't be running it optimally.

I don't believe in the food pyramid, 3 square meals a day, atkins diet (or any diet for that matter). Omnivores Dilemma and The Rules of Food are great places to start and offer the mind a way to reprogram to a more local and natural diet.

What set me free was simply observing the hog-pile plates people consume at each meal. No wonder many Americans are looking hog-fed. They are. Combined with some new ideas in mind/body and the game changed completely. Namaste to McDonalds for giving me a billion reminders of this. Ask yourself, "Do I want to eat in a place that is basically a feed lot for humans?"

All of my rules are broken at times via the maxim, "Everything in moderation, including moderation"

Would like to give you more stars. You are right on.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Are you saying that you completely eliminate all foods for two entire weeks and do nothing but drink water?

Or, are you saying, as most people do, that they do not consume food during daylight hours, so you are only eating after the sun sets?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

You are making an erroneous assumption about me. I have a good sense of humor, which is why I have this ID and link. Did you watch it?

Your fasting has affected your brain.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage
Are you saying that you completely eliminate all foods for two entire weeks and do nothing but drink water?

Or, are you saying, as most people do, that they do not consume food during daylight hours, so you are only eating after the sun sets?

I thought I made that perfectly clear. Thats nothing though, I have read and met people who have done it over a month or more. ( I suspect your question was to set me up for a scolding from you by means of imposing your lack of knowledge opinion on me, like a said I will not argue, my results are here and true, I respect your freedom of speech right as well)
edit on 14-6-2012 by imagineering because: spell check

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by disgustingfatbody

You are making an erroneous assumption about me. I have a good sense of humor, which is why I have this ID and link. Did you watch it?

Your fasting has affected your brain.

Nope. Dont read into things, whos brain is really effected?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by elmoastro

That is an awesome Maxim!! I'll be using that from now on!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join