It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fasting, and my irrefultable results.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I was the biggest skeptic when it came to the subject of fasting, I believed main stream medical opinion when it came to food consumption and its proper place in our lives. Three meals a day, eating often will assist your health, etc etc. My very own doctor demonized the notion of refraining from food, he was fat by the way.
I just recently became a faster and the health benefits are undeniable, even proven via the results of my recent physicals in which are documented.
Ill be straight with all of you. Here what fasting has done for me, without all the spiritual jargon and no BS.
1. I lost 50lbs.
2. The "fog" that consumed my mind went away, I got off my anxiety medication.
3. I feel stronger, and I can run for over an hour, jogging pace.
4. My over all health improved in all respects.
5. No more high blood pressure medicine.
6. I look great.
7. I sleep very very good, no more insomnia or waking up 50 times during the night.
8. My endurance in the bedroom is limitless it seems (wife loves this)
9. My mental powers, reasoning, problem solving, contemplation, emotional stability are 100 times better.

This is my result to water fasting.
I fast for two weeks, then eat right the other two weeks.
This is my results, I don't care about all the arguments concerning fasting.
The fact is, it has worked wonders for me!! Period.

My reason for posting this is, many issues we go through medically may be able to be resolved via proper fasting.
edit on 14-6-2012 by imagineering because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
For those who can make it work for them, fair play. I've attempted fasting in the past but get overcome with insane headaches, the shakes, irritability and nausea. I know that this is all part and parcel of the start of a fast, but with a young child, I personally value my ability to function 'normally' 100% of the time, rather than sitting out the rest of the fast.
I've heard many great benefits of fasting, and I hope in time, I could actually really give it a serious go and overcome the first full 24 hours with little fuss.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by imagineering

If you aren't putting anything into your body but water, and you are still physically exerting yourself, you are breaking down muscle more than fat as muscle has more protein and that's what you would be requiring.

Each person is different, but I'd always avoid against this, you are doing damage that might not be immediately apparent.

You need more than water.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lulzaroonie
For those who can make it work for them, fair play. I've attempted fasting in the past but get overcome with insane headaches, the shakes, irritability and nausea. I know that this is all part and parcel of the start of a fast, but with a young child, I personally value my ability to function 'normally' 100% of the time, rather than sitting out the rest of the fast.
I've heard many great benefits of fasting, and I hope in time, I could actually really give it a serious go and overcome the first full 24 hours with little fuss.

I know what you mean, I went through all of what you explained and my researched revealed to me that it was my body going cold turkey off all the chemicals found in our food today, and its part of the cleansing process.
It is for sure worth it to endure those feelings, the ending result is amazing freedom.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

If you aren't putting anything into your body but water, and you are still physically exerting yourself, you are breaking down muscle more than fat as muscle has more protein and that's what you would be requiring.

Each person is different, but I'd always avoid against this, you are doing damage that might not be immediately apparent.

You need more than water.

I have not had these issues, since my fasting is very controlled and in my 2 week off time, my protien stores are properly balanced. I am stronger than I have ever been, theres no doubt about that. Like I said, Im pulling no BS on this thread, but for a fact my results are real and here. Period.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
So what was your fasting regime? I fasted for a 17 day period when I was younger and lost two pounds. However, I did drop four sizes. Still haven't figured that one out.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel
So what was your fasting regime? I fasted for a 17 day period when I was younger and lost two pounds. However, I did drop four sizes. Still haven't figured that one out.

I would be interested in your routine as well. And any 'do and donts' you learned.

Awesome to hear you did so well!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

I water fast for 2 weeks, then the other 2 weeks I eat clean, fresh fruits and vegitables, I insert a protien supplent drink, and lean cut steak. When I am fasting I still run and walk and during my time of food consumption I wieght lift and I make my training intense during this time. The only negative effects I have experienced is when I first started. Headaches, weakness and just feeling plain odd.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Got any before and after pics?

Not doubting you mate, but this sounds almost incredible.

Fasting every two 2 weeks is rather extreme, I have to admit.

Just by doing regular exersices, and watching your diet closely, you can achieve the same results.

vvv

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by occy30

I would be interested in your routine as well. And any 'do and donts' you learned.

Awesome to hear you did so well!

The best advice I can give anyone is to give fasting a REAL chance, 5 days should spell out things for you quite clearly. Dont listen to all the un-educated guesses concerning it, do your own research and test it out. I do not know one person who has turned back form it.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
OP, how did you come to understand fasting at length to be something to experiment with? Did you discover this with your own testing or did you follow another via their experience or through a book?

The reason I ask is that as I read your post, I was not surprised by your results. And your response to the side-effects is not only plausible but probable.

In my own research of mind/body relationships and functioning, I've come to the conclusion that in the modern US diet, most people eat...........out of boredom or programming.

The mind gets bored and often the programmed response is to link it directly to the feeling of hunger. Once I discovered this for myself, I would either realize the signal as a false hunger (who in the US aside from obvious poverty situations has any REAL hunger?). So I would either consciously understand this, use the indicator as a signal of programming, and through time change the program. Other times I would cater to the hunger feeling by substituting fruit or vegetables for my hunger crave. The sugar crave was a little hard until I started to substitute a tablespoon of honey--again, anti-oxidant & immunity builder as opposed to sugar et al.

Through operating the body as a machine that I have no identity with--think little guy in MIB--you start to use the body in new ways that go against mainstream understanding.

I eat when I feel depleted but I'm starting to realize the body needs much less food energy than we believe. My experience with quieting the mind, re-tuning to a more sane natural frequency, eliminating the emotion/feeling/belief-based operating system and re-programming with a state of present-moment living.

Results? Had to add 5 belt holes over the past couple of years. The goal? No goal. Just a side-effect of conscious living and using the creation-machine body in new ways.

The more we understand things such as Qi energy (chi), which are merely metaphors to very real features of our existence, we open up an entirely vast energy sources and allow for new ways of using the creation-machine. Current science will only acknowledge things they can be measured or math-ed out on paper. But everyday experience often trumps. Belief and ego play in all of this and as we mover to a less-egoic controlled state to a position of operating the machine through conscious awareness, and using the mind as a tool rather than as the captain of the ship, you get to experience things such as the OP has.

Kudos to you OP for your daring to test the waters of convention and blow doors off the bell curve of understanding. S&F.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

1. I lost 50lbs. 2. The "fog" that consumed my mind went away, I got off my anxiety medication. 3. I feel stronger, and I can run for over an hour, jogging pace. 4. My over all health improved in all respects. 5. No more high blood pressure medicine. 6. I look great. 7. I sleep very very good, no more insomnia or waking up 50 times during the night. 8. My endurance in the bedroom is limitless it seems (wife loves this) 9. My mental powers, reasoning, problem solving, contemplation, emotional stability are 100 times better.

I'm not trying to refute your method...but anyone can achieve those results with eating healthy and exercise. you don't necessarily need to fast to achieve any one or all of them.

But with that said, you should live the way that works best for you and if this works, I say fantastic and congratulations.

Personally, I couldn't go a day without eating something. I do get terrible headaches and very weak and lightheaded if I go more than 12 hours without food. (I wouldn't last long in an unprepared survival situation!) Plus, I enjoy it too much--but I do watch what I eat and how much of it I consume at once.

If you enjoy it and are enjoying the benefits you are reaping because of it, then that's what it's all about, right?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
First off good for you for losing the weight. Mind you i am no doctor and in no way to give medical nor dieting tips or help, BUT with my experience goes as follows.

I work out body build, (went from 130lbs-180lbs in 4 years, both muscle and fat)

My diet was in no way healthy or in the "bodybuilding" type

I went on a "cutting" diet, and im down 10lbs in 23 days,

no carbs (bread, pasta, rice)
no sugar
no desert
no eating anything after 7pm (except for 1 25g protein shake at night before bed)

breakfast- 3 eggs
lunch- small salad
pre workout- 2 eggs
post workout- 1 chicken breast 1 small salad

I changed up my diet since i lost strength and muscle definition but if you want to lose fat thats what i did and yes your always hungry but it was well worth it.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I love this thread, S&F!

I do have one question for you, if you will; at anytime during your fasting period, have you ever been nauseated and/or vomiting?

A few months ago, I fasted for 3 days.. and on the 3rd day, I woke up vomiting repeatedly. I could barely get out of bed, that's how terrible the nausea was.. this scared me off of longer-term fasting until I can feel confident enough to handle this should it arise again (though, I still do fast 24 hours at least once per week).

I haven't seen many others stating that they felt this way.. only energetic and stronger instead.

edit on 14-6-2012 by Isabelx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

This seems extreme to me to fast for two weeks and then eat for two weeks and repeat the cycle. I used to fast for up to 5 days at a time and I can vouch for you as far as the value of fasting, but I am not sure if I could get enough nutrition to maintain at your pace. Where did you get this regimen? Is it something that you have come up with on your own?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Isabelx

That sounds to me like coincidence. You probably got a stomach virus or something and it just happened to be while you were fasting. Just my take.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by imagineering
I was the biggest skeptic when it came to the subject of fasting, I believed main stream medical opinion when it came to food consumption and its proper place in our lives. Three meals a day, eating often will assist your health, etc etc. My very own doctor demonized the notion of refraining from food, he was fat by the way.
I just recently became a faster and the health benefits are undeniable, even proven via the results of my recent physicals in which are documented.
Ill be straight with all of you. Here what fasting has done for me, without all the spiritual jargon and no BS.
1. I lost 50lbs.
2. The "fog" that consumed my mind went away, I got off my anxiety medication.
3. I feel stronger, and I can run for over an hour, jogging pace.
4. My over all health improved in all respects.
5. No more high blood pressure medicine.
6. I look great.
7. I sleep very very good, no more insomnia or waking up 50 times during the night.
8. My endurance in the bedroom is limitless it seems (wife loves this)
9. My mental powers, reasoning, problem solving, contemplation, emotional stability are 100 times better.

This is my result to water fasting.
I fast for two weeks, then eat right the other two weeks.
This is my results, I don't care about all the arguments concerning fasting.
The fact is, it has worked wonders for me!! Period.

My reason for posting this is, many issues we go through medically may be able to be resolved via proper fasting.
edit on 14-6-2012 by imagineering because: (no reason given)

Except for #1, I have all those other traits that you listed. I'm not fasting but I may be eating right.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by elmoastro
OP, how did you come to understand fasting at length to be something to experiment with? Did you discover this with your own testing or did you follow another via their experience or through a book?

The reason I ask is that as I read your post, I was not surprised by your results. And your response to the side-effects is not only plausible but probable.

In my own research of mind/body relationships and functioning, I've come to the conclusion that in the modern US diet, most people eat...........out of boredom or programming.

The mind gets bored and often the programmed response is to link it directly to the feeling of hunger. Once I discovered this for myself, I would either realize the signal as a false hunger (who in the US aside from obvious poverty situations has any REAL hunger?). So I would either consciously understand this, use the indicator as a signal of programming, and through time change the program. Other times I would cater to the hunger feeling by substituting fruit or vegetables for my hunger crave. The sugar crave was a little hard until I started to substitute a tablespoon of honey--again, anti-oxidant & immunity builder as opposed to sugar et al.

Through operating the body as a machine that I have no identity with--think little guy in MIB--you start to use the body in new ways that go against mainstream understanding.

I eat when I feel depleted but I'm starting to realize the body needs much less food energy than we believe. My experience with quieting the mind, re-tuning to a more sane natural frequency, eliminating the emotion/feeling/belief-based operating system and re-programming with a state of present-moment living.

Results? Had to add 5 belt holes over the past couple of years. The goal? No goal. Just a side-effect of conscious living and using the creation-machine body in new ways.

The more we understand things such as Qi energy (chi), which are merely metaphors to very real features of our existence, we open up an entirely vast energy sources and allow for new ways of using the creation-machine. Current science will only acknowledge things they can be measured or math-ed out on paper. But everyday experience often trumps. Belief and ego play in all of this and as we mover to a less-egoic controlled state to a position of operating the machine through conscious awareness, and using the mind as a tool rather than as the captain of the ship, you get to experience things such as the OP has.

Kudos to you OP for your daring to test the waters of convention and blow doors off the bell curve of understanding. S&F.

I appreciate your in depth contemplation of yourself you revealed here indeed. For me, I am very simple, I was so sick of being in that "FOG" it scared me, I wanted to feel alive again, hated feeling disconnected to reality and being an healthy fat guy. Fasting resolved both of these issues and more.
I heard of fasting a few years ago from a friend who lost over 100lbs from fasting, at that time I was a snob and still believed conventional approaches to health, and in my mind I thought my friend was an idiot, even though I seen the results of his fast.
Something he said to me that really helped me was, that he got off his anxiety medication and he no longer felt panic attacks. This year I finally experienced my first panic attack and then there after feelings of intense anxiety, I have no idea why at 32 years of age I started feeling these things, his experience moved me to get serious about fasting. I tried it and it worked great. Now here I am, feeling very greatful and I am humbled and apologetic for being a critic to other fasting endorsers.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by scottromansky

I've been doing something similar for going on 3 weeks now. I do take in some carbs first thing in the morning, but that's about it. I limit myself to around 1400-1600 calories a day and run 3 miles a day and train really hard. I have lost about 5-7 lbs but that's not really the bottom line because I have made a lot of gain in my upper body strength in that time.

I mostly get my protein from eggs, lean meat, tuna and one protein shake a day after my workout.
edit on 6/14/2012 by wtbengineer because: (no reason given)

I think it might make sense for me to add a day of fasting but not on a day I am working out so hard... maybe over the weekend.
edit on 6/14/2012 by wtbengineer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Belief plays the greatest role in all of this. The body is a creation machine that will flesh out belief and intent. It doesn't care what the program is, it just wants to flesh it out.

Think of the inputs we have received as a computer since turning on the switch (birth). And we have gotten to where we need some sort of virus protection for the computer mind. We would never leave our computers on in this day without filters and firewalls yet we allow the most complex computer in the world operate daily with virtually no understanding how programming works or how our minds convert data to feelings/emotions resulting in the fleshing out of experience.

Next time you get the feeling you want a Cheeto (squeezed & baked cornmeal goop), ask yourself why? Especially when it's within a few minutes of unconsciously watching a commercial for it. Point being, most operate not even understanding their own programming links and electro-chemical connections.

It ain't easy being cheesy

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join