It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When parents get it very wrong!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I'm not sure if this has been posted before (I couldn't find anything on the search) or even in the right forum (please feel free to move if necessary). However, I came across this link and thought I would share.

Some of the images are a little disturbing and some are just bluddy stupid. It just made me think no wonder society is in meltdown when there is parenting like this going on. Some role models.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Many of those photos are quite harmless, but some are indeed dangerous, for example walking on thin ice, WTF...

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Leaving your baby in the middle of a road!!??

Can you just let me know the MANY that are harmless because I think most of these photos demonstrate bad parenting in some form or another.
edit on 14/6/12 by Bridge_Boy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Wow - just wow. It's amazing how we, at least in the states, require licenses to drive, fish, hunt and perform certain jobs. But anyone capable of humping for a few seconds can raise a child from infancy to adulthood.

Helpless kids make it so difficult to stand back and let Darwin drive. But our sympathy for kids born to unfit parents has gotten us into more hot water than if we'd just let them breed themselves out.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
The chubby little boy in the buggy pulled up to the tv like it's a babysitter literally made me lol.
Then it was kind of sad.

Parenting doesn't come with an owner's manual by any stretch of the imagination, but a lot of these are just basic common sense going extinct. WTH?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

The shopping cart fatty is hilarious. The windsurfing guy and the baby seat in the street is just disgusting.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bridge_Boy
I'm not sure if this has been posted before (I couldn't find anything on the search) or even in the right forum (please feel free to move if necessary).

Oh, it's in the right forum. And the parents in those pictures need to realize that. They probably won't, which is sad, but they need to see that a parent/child relationship is just that; a relationship.

People in the older generations say these things happen because we're getting farther away form God. I say it's because people are severely lacking in the common sense area.

I swear as each year passes, you see these things more and more. There's a thread going on right now about de-population. Think I'll go try and weave something together from these two threads so there's more room and resources for those of us who have our act together.

( Yes, me and YOU)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Yeah, at least 3 or 4 of these I see nothing wrong.

1)The father with the playboy magazine (The child is too young to know the difference between any magazine)

2)The fat mother on the bike (OK, the child should have a safety helmet)

3)White haired man on a swing (looks like a harmless accident - I don't think he is the child's parent)

4)The man with 2 kids on his motorbike (again the kids should have safety helmets but it's happens a lot)

5) The two men dressed up as women (Anybody ever hear of Halloween?)

6)The family photo with the dog (The dog is playing not biting)

At least 2 or 3 more are obviously staged for the camera.

1)The baby with the toy bullet on it's head (The bullet was placed on the child not shot)

2) The child watching tv in a shopping cart (The boy is not that young)

3)The parents holding their kids upside down by the leg (I'm sure many if not all parents have done this at some point)

The bad ones in my opinion

Windsurfing with a child strapped to you is a dangerous risk of drowning

The Children in a bar is not harmful to the child but it is bad parenting.

The child licking the mixer (if still plugged in is dangerous - most likely it's been unplugged)

Car seat in the street is a bad idea.

Child under the blue cart was probably behaving badly and warned (but it's still bad parenting to photograph it)

The child with the plastic bag on it's head is the worst IMO.
edit on 6/14/2012 by IpsissimusMagus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by IpsissimusMagus

1)The father with the playboy magazine (The child is too young to know the difference between any magazine)

True, the kid won't remember it.

2)The fat mother on the bike (OK, the child should have a safety helmet)

Who needs a helmet when you've got an airbag equivalent?

3)White haired man on a swing (looks like a harmless accident - I don't think he is the child's parent)

Grandparent, most likely, but I don't agree this is bad parenting. Kid needs to learn where it's safe to walk, and where it isn't. Survival of the fittest and all of that.

4)The man with 2 kids on his motorbike (again the kids should have safety helmets but it's happens a lot)

Uhm...really? A helmet is ALL you think is needed here? If this guy lays that bike down, the kid on that side is toast, as in dead. No, this is EXTREMELY dangerous and a direct risk of these kids' lives.

5) The two men dressed up as women (Anybody ever hear of Halloween?)

Yeah, we'd REALLY need the backstory here....

6)The family photo with the dog (The dog is playing not biting)

Agreed, and look how happy the dog's handler is!

At least 2 or 3 more are obviously staged for the camera.

1)The baby with the toy bullet on it's head (The bullet was placed on the child not shot)

Yep, that's just funny...why hasn't done this?

2) The child watching tv in a shopping cart (The boy is not that young)

The only irresponsible thing here is not making the kid stand to watch the TV. Fatty could stand to lose some lbs....

3)The parents holding their kids upside down by the leg (I'm sure many if not all parents have done this at some point)

Yep, confuses the hell out of them, and makes them quiet down pretty quick...

The bad ones in my opinion

Windsurfing with a child strapped to you is a dangerous risk of drowning

Yeah, that one is nuts, akin to Mr. Motor Scooter's brilliant idea....

The Children in a bar is not harmful to the child but it is bad parenting.

Have to know the backstory though. I went in plenty of bars as a kid, for different reasons. (This was easier in a small town). I suspect he's the kid of one of the workers there, and everybody working there is likely watching out for them.

The child licking the mixer (if still plugged in is dangerous - most likely it's been unplugged)

I doubt it, in the photo, the cord going offscreen is raised, leading us to think it's in a plug. Still though, stupid, yes...bad parenting? No, not really...

Car seat in the street is a bad idea.

Right up there with the windsurfer or motor scooter....this is super dangerous, and just plain dumb and irresponsible. What they hell were they thinking?

Child under the blue cart was probably behaving badly and warned (but it's still bad parenting to photograph it)

Nah....humiliate him, teach him a lesson.

The child with the plastic bag on it's head is the worst IMO.

Yep, and even worse they took the time to snap the pic vs oh...I don't know...taking it off the kid's head!

new topics

top topics

join