It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeking 'New Ager' help to better understand full meanings of some buzzwords

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I don't even care to be labelled 'New Ager'. I'm just me.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
reply to post by Akragon

You should try hanging around a bunch of Wicca and other pagans. They do use the term amongst themselves.

Christians just co-opted the term, and they co-opted it to put non-Christian pagan beliefs down. Just like they do everything else.

I have quite a few "pagan" and wiccan friends...

None of them use that term... Because as i've stated its inaccurate

As a matter of fact i've never heard the term used outside of christian circles...

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by 247southland

Thank you for your honest reply.

My interest is in properly understanding the effect the channeled messages have on people's attitudes and expectations towards various things occurring.

Personally, I have found nothing in the Bible that induces fear in me. I have also found nothing in the Bible that has been proven to be incorrect in science, geography, archeology, history and prophecy fulfillment. Despite the odds, the evidence suggests to me that the Bible can be trusted as something that was inspired by an entity outside of time so I see for myself no reason to ditch it. My connection with the creator of the universe is very close and personal and I am very happy for this.

The 7 headed dragon in Revelation represents the satanic forces at work throughout the history of Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece, Rome and our current age (it is referencing the heads of the 4 beasts of prophecy in Daniel which deals with foretelling future empires throughout the ages of Earth's entire history).

It is interesting to note that Kauilapele and Fulford sometimes reference the terms Luciferian or Satanic forces to describe the belief system of the group of agents, both human and supernatural, that are bringing about this designed chaos scenario onto us yet in New Age teaching it is frowned upon to personalize the source of evil occurring in the world.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Is there any other sources of authoritative channeled messages than the ones I have listed already?

What would be some more names of the various sacred secret societies supposedly working in opposition to these other secret societies? Could you possibly name any people in the sacred secret societies that make the idea more tangible in my mind of which kind of people are we exactly referring to....

thanks

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by JesuitGarlic

www.spiritboard.net...

Try this one out... my old forum

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

So in other words.... because "I haven't seen it anywhere else it must be true for me and must absolutely be true everywhere".

A common mistake many people make. I have a friend who constantly makes that mistake when he blasts evolution and science. He can't understand evolution, so somehow he thinks that nobody else can and therefore evolution can not be true, and nobody else can understand it either.

One should never assume things.

One can't see oxygen but it's there.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesuitGarlic
Is there any other sources of authoritative channeled messages than the ones I have listed already?

No. There is no authority in the New Age except Source (God)'s universal laws. No channeled messages have authority over anyone and if they are claiming so, they are forming their own sect of spiritual practices away from The New Age spirituality.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

So in other words.... because "I haven't seen it anywhere else it must be true for me and must absolutely be true everywhere".

A common mistake many people make. I have a friend who constantly makes that mistake when he blasts evolution and science. He can't understand evolution, so somehow he thinks that nobody else can and therefore evolution can not be true, and nobody else can understand it either.

What about the opposite? The people who understand molecular biology and probability mathmatics who reject evolution as impossible to absurd exponential factors? Do we get a vote? No?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

The science is pretty clear that micro-evolution (between kinds) is supported empirically, macro-evolution (transitions between groups) is not. The fully intact complexity of all phylum including humans at the Cambrian Explosion (i.e creation), lack of transition fossils and stability of the cosmos to name some of the main issues points overwhelmingly to ID to explain existence as we know it .Such views have been greatly supported only in the recent few decades as microscopes and telescopes have increase power to be able to study molecules and cells and astronomy and cosmology with much greater precision.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I've never heard of those people.

I'd have to learn a lot more before I make any kind of decision on that.

Still, my initial instincts tells me it sounds more like the way Archeologists dismiss geological scientists with Ph.D who date the Sphinx back 15,000 because of water erosion versus the mainstream archeologists who say that doesn't fit in with our "science" that says the sphinx was just a few thousand years old and doesn't rest on top the Hall of Records. In other words, just competition for a coveted title.

Still, I personally can't believe in mathematical impossibilities. Some people state that it's mathematically impossible to be struck by lightning more than once, yet we have people who have been struck by lightning seven times or more.

And there really is a lot of evidence to show evolution is true. Some people just can't believe in it no matter what and will use anything they can to deny it.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Heres your quote...

You should try hanging around a bunch of Wicca and other pagans. They do use the term amongst themselves.

I did not assume this was a universal truth... I was simply stating that i have "hung around" the people you're talking about... and the term has never came up.

It comes up in more Christian circles then anything else because its a label Christians use for something they don't understand. Similar to "pagan"...

Even as you can see from the replies in this thread... Most people that are into this "new age" movement don't consider themselves "new agers"... And as far as i've ever seen, the ONLY people that use this term are in fact "christian"

Personally i find the term slightly insulting because of the inaccurate connotation

Its like a non-christian calling a christian a bible thumper...

its nothing more then a label... and a bad one at that

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I hate labels myself. Keep in mind, however, it was not meant to label individuals, it was meant to define a movement that was pretty much the re-emergence of beliefs and philosophies that had been suppressed by Christianity for centuries.

Just remember though, it is still a generalization. I know some Wiccans who wear the label proudly.

Ah well.

C'est la vie.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

I hate labels myself. Keep in mind, however, it was not meant to label individuals, it was meant to define a movement that was pretty much the re-emergence of beliefs and philosophies that had been suppressed by Christianity for centuries.

Just remember though, it is still a generalization. I know some Wiccans who wear the label proudly.

Ah well.

C'est la vie.

The funny thing is many of these "new age" ideas fall in line completely with what Christ taught...

He knew about Karma... he taught meditation... Prayer is in fact a form of meditation...

I find it funny that many christians denounce this "movement" when Most of the core beliefs stem from the gospels... NOT the bible in its entirety

All this "movement" is... is a melding of the best parts of the main stream religions... minus the dogmatic views of said religions.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Being manipulated behind the scenes by Satan to lead people away from God.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Being manipulated behind the scenes by Satan to lead people away from God.

Of course!!

The big red guy with the pitch fork and horns manipulating people... the age old scapegoat.

Satan does not control people... and likely doesn't even exist.

Satan represents materialism... he is not an entity with the power to control people without them knowing..

thats called a fairy tale... like the easter bunny

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Hey, don't knock those Easter bunnies man. They spread rabies.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

The Bible can be interpreted in many different ways, even The Christians can't agree on what it 'really' says and mean.

Satan means "adversary", "enemy", opposer". It can even be used as a verb to mean "to oppose" or "to go against".

It wasn't until later in The Bible that it became "One Character" and even later that he became a red guy with horns (via Christian Paintings).

I agree with you, Akragon, The New Age takes the best of all mainstream religion, the only bad thing is that some people still have a 'slave-like' mentality and get trapped with gurus and spiritual rituals, taking the hard way when things are much more simpler than that.

Funny how according to The Bible The Fruit of The Spirit is Peace, Love, and Joy and there is supposed to be an Anti-Christ leading people away from it and now you have people preaching to others to live in fear - instead of love - and being suspicious about everything around them, instead of embracing and loving and knowing that all is well and they are taken care of.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

The New Age takes the best of all mainstream religion

A counterfeit needs to be made to seem attractive in order for it to be adopted, to turn people from God (when we know God fully we see Him as Love), whether New Age is based in Truth is another story....

You will know what I follow is true arpgme (Akragon and others), as what I have said (in my other thread), despite how improbable, will soon come to pass...that is a decision you will have to make for your own sake knowing what you will be turning down.

The improbable event that I speak of is this (to refresh your mind, elaborate more fully and to display for others reading here). Satan (along with the other fallen angels) will manifest visibly to the world by counterfeiting major aspects of the description of Jesus' Second Coming. He will come performing various miracles (healing people, 'creating' food, calling fire down from the sky) to convince people of his supernatural power that he is Christ. He will say that he has changed the 4th commandment to Sunday and not the Sabbath (that being Fri sundown to Saturday sundown). The United States will lead the world in instituting into law the request of this 'being' to worship him on Sunday but the rest of the countries will then follow suit. Disasters will befall the earth, man-made (HAARP induced) or otherwise, and such disasters will be blamed on those who keep the Biblical Sabbath day (obedience to God's alone) and not these new commands of men. The world will turn in hatred against those who seek to remain faithful to God and they will be pursued to be rooted out and destroyed.

I hope you will hear the truth of what I have to say from merely the event of this false-Christ saying he has changed the 4th commandment to be Sunday. When that happens that should be the signal to send major alarm bells running through your head and to actually listen and follow what those people who prophesied this have to say. I hope you agree that this is a very improbable event to occur randomly over the next period ahead, so if it were to occur, if you were being truthful to yourself you would have to agree that wherever this information comes from is from a supernatural source outside the confines of time.
edit on 16-6-2012 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
So is it fair to say that no person here can actually name one person or even a few who belong to these 'sacred secret societies'. Or say definitely who the 'Dark Ones' are(and they have been playing it down over the past month or so to not be disappointed about the arrest coming when those who you may have thought would have been included in the group to be arrested are not there).

I am trying to get a gauge on if this information is merely to give the illusion of an opposing force against the other 'bad' secret societies when in true there is no opposition, well at least the kind of opposition that is being described on those blog posts.

What do people think about the blog put out by 'The White hats', do any of you guys follow that blog as well.

When the supposed head of the Gnostic-Illuminati, Alexander Romanov appeared with Ben Fulford (and some other head martial arts character) in a video a couple of months back saying at the end of the video a message for the Queen (of England) that 'Isis wanted her throne back'. He was given a coded message. Isis is another name for Lucifer. He is supposedly representing the forces against the satanic and luciferian human agents yet is giving a coded signal that he is apart of the luciferian forces as well.

When I heard 'Drake' initially speak about the truth or appreciation for the Mayan beliefs, this also put red flags up in my mind that he is controlled opposition as well.

To me the question is still out on Fulford. He is the only one giving the truth on Obama that he is corrupt and this allegiances are with the Vatican run secret societies, the only one actually bringing up the names of the Jesuits, Vatican and various corrupt political figures which is spot on accurate, but then he has links with guys like Romanov and he himself going to university run by Jesuits, it puts up some flags for me too.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I am interested to find out what the New Age considered to be 'Universal Laws' and as many examples of them so I can understand the logic.

- I have already commented on the balance of good and evil and that no particular balance (of evil) is necessary to maintain a functioning society.
- It was brought up as well about matter and anti-matter in balance....but scientist have shown that for the amount of matter around there is a great lack of anti matter found in proportion to what they would have predicted.

Do you think it is important that such examples actually call into major question the idea of a universal balance needed of opposites always counteracting each other?

I am sure that there are a number of examples when both extremes are necessary to maintain sustainable functionality of a system but I really call into idea the suggestion of it being a universal truth that there must always be a balance (particularly in relation to 'love' and 'cruelty' in the world)...

Please comment ...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join