It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeking 'New Ager' help to better understand full meanings of some buzzwords

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Hello,

I like to keep tabs on the 'channeled messages' coming out of the New Age Movement. Most of the messages I read come from Kauilapele's Blog some that would generally include messages from people like:Sheldan Nidle, SaLuSa and Montague Keen being the main ones.

I have some questions from anyone who reads these messages or similar to aid in my understanding. Firstly are these guys considered authoritative figures in the NAM or is their better sources that are considered more authoritative?

Now I have some of my own ideas what these 'terms' mean but I can't be sure as they are somewhat vague:

- 'Dark Ones'. Who are they they referring to specifically?

- Duality. When you raise a point with someone whom can't respond with facts or historical evidence why do they use this Duality or accuse one of being 'dualistic' as a kind of get of of jail free card to not answer a quesiton?

- Sacred Secret Societies. They use this terminology to talk about the groups working towards bringing peace and a coming golden age but aren't the secret societies the ones who orchestrated the whole financial chaos and have been the ones originating the wars, revolutions and ignorance of the population through media control the whole time?

- Who is the Galatic Federation?

And why do people like David Wilcock say to ignore any Christian saying that what is going on is in relation to Revelation? Why is this angle put on people that they should ignore it when there are some many 'Christian' references made in there messages, for example:

-

The final thrust can only go forward when Heaven gives us the go signal.
Sheldon Nidle on 6/12/12

- Or that they say messages are coming from 'Arch-angel Michael' (who in the occult and correct Biblical understanding is Jesus)

- They call Jesus an ascended master, i.e someone who's teachings one should follow

- And their is even channeled messages along the NAM theme by this person claiming to be in communication with Jeshua about a return (replete with masonic and other ('sacred') secret society symbols across the site....www.the2012countdown.com...
Jeshua timeline page (strong astrology references)
-----------
What are the New Agers perspectives on why they have been told to stop listening to anyone suggesting what is going on is related to Revelation?

How does this relate to information from Ben Fulford who says that the FEMA camps were built for the 'Christians', that the people involved in orchestrated this in the secret societies are Satanic or Luciferian in belief and that the Jesuits/Vatican, Rothschilds, Rockefellers are the ones involved...Are these the 'Dark Ones' who are the creators/controllers of the (sacred) secret societies or are the Dark Ones actually the Christians considering the word 'Love' in the occult means hard love or tough love where anyone who doesn't go along with their beliefs are able to be wiped out because they are dark to their 'Light'?

edit on 14-6-2012 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Its just crap. Fantasy land. I stopped reading that crap the first time i read what they thought of the higher self.

Life wouldnt work without duality. You have to have evil to know how good good really is. Life is suffering.

You should read up on the buddha's teachings. One of the core teachings he preached was that we should not brlieve anything we cant prove....even if he said it.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by phroziac

I am not interested in personal opinion if the 'New Age' is crap, I am a Christian who reads the 'channeled messages' to get a gauge on where along the timeline of events we are from a biblical perspective. I am asking these particular questions because I think that the whole NAM is linked to key events over the next 12-24 months and was concerned about the kind of vague language used to describe things which from my analysis of the messages is setting people up for confusion and justification to kill/imprison the 'Dark Ones' whom the NAM will label as Christians eventually (if that link has not already been more clearly made and I have missed it).

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Here's a document that addresses most of your questions and lists many of the "buzzwords".

"The New Age Movement is Designed to Destroy True Biblical Christianity"

www.scribd.com...
edit on 14-6-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by JesuitGarlic

I have no doubt that the NAM will try to label Christians as the "Dark Ones" because many of them probably will call themselves Christians when they aren't. That's how Satan works.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

To be really honest the NAM is itself a "buzzword" for modern Gnosticism and in extension a repackaging of the lie the serpent told Eve in tha garden.

To be REALLY really honest.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I have had a bit of a look at some of this stuff and it can be quite feel good. As for being able to verify some of the claims it does get a bit hard. The concept of duality is one that I had a hard time with, but it is starting to make some sense. It basically involves having one concept dependant on another, like rich and poor. You cannot have any rich people if there are no poor people to make such a distinction. Same goes for good and bad, positive and negative and many others. In a way it is like a get out of jail for free card, but it is more to do with the universal principle of balance.

As for our revelation Christians, I see the future as uncertain and what actually happens is a result of every bodies and every things input. General trends can be studied and some predictions may hold in limited situations but generally it is up to all of us to decide on what the future will exactly be. Now if you have a bunch of people running around claiming the sky is falling and focusing on such an event, it does raise the probability that such an event will happen. In a nutshell, we reap what we sow. Sure, be aware that the SHTF any time for any number of reasons and have some basic preparations, but do not go on with life expecting and wanting such a thing to happen, or else it just might.
edit on 14-6-2012 by kwakakev because: added 'for any number of reasons'

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
If it wasnt crap then why would the new agers flip out on people when they are questioned? Why would anyone believe the gfl nonsense after they claimed a coronal filanent was a tanker ship refueling the sun with helium? Crap isnt an opinion, its what any reasonable person would think after catching these people making nonsense up on the fly. I even gained access to my higher self, proving their higher self crap to be crap. My mind is always open, however.
edit on 14-6-2012 by phroziac because: higher self

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Thankyou for the posts by 'Deetermined' and 'kwakakev'
-----------------------------------------

If possible I am looking more for the opinion of someone who is a strong subscriber to the New Age beliefs and what they think of these particular channeled messages over time (over years, because I have only been loosely following them for about 14 months now), are they suspicious at all of these terms like 'sacred secret societies', and 'Dark Ones' when either they are being deceptive or 'politically correct' as they never seems to say who specifically they mean by these words. Does it raise any red flags for you or do you just go along with it, concentrating more on the positive messages in relation to you directly of promised peace, golden ages, ascension (body/ability upgrades) ect?

Attaching words like 'sacred' to these secret societies puts in the minds of people that all these people colluding behind the scenes are doing it for the world's own good...that the ends justify the means (i.e orchestrating chaos and bloodshed is acceptable if a synthesis/ecumenism of common thought and mind controlled religion can be forged in the end with these 'sacred' secret societies the commanders of this One Religion right??? If all dissenting voices can be wiped out or sent to re-education camps then by definition dualism has ended, is this not the end goal of the New Age, to end any opposition/alternate views as this would be dualistic?)

Is not every thought acceptable in the New Age as long as it is not in opposition to them, therefore nothing is acceptable to them other than themselves

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Funny cause i told you i was suspicious of it all, you told me off for it. I used to follow it but now i have the lowest possible opinion of it. I only subscribed to it for a couple of months and took sone beliefs with me.

So basically you only want people who have a positive view of it.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac
Funny cause i told you i was suspicious of it all, you told me off for it. I used to follow it but now i have the lowest possible opinion of it. I only subscribed to it for a couple of months and took sone beliefs with me.

So basically you only want people who have a positive view of it.

That is why my thread title is "seeking 'New Ager' help"....I am specifically after the opinion of those who follow the messages for a decent length of time, who have some of their own expectations of the future attached to the positive fulfillment of the messages that are channeled and those that are specifically aware of certain developments in the message content and branding/re-branding of things over the past 2-3 months of messages. I am after the opinion of of someone who identifies themselves currently as a New Ager.

I wasn't looking for an opinion of 'it's all crap' or there is nothing to it so look elsewhere. I am after opinions of those reasonably committed to it but have some slight concerns about whether the messages are gospel or not. I want to understand the psyche of the individual who is much more enmeshed in it than I am and how their 'beliefs' affect their critical thinking skills, whether possible negative connotations are glossed over in their mind or whether their mind picks up on these particular vague buzzwords to and they think carefully about what they exactly infer.

To me Buddhism has as much worth and truth as the New Age and they are reasonably closely linked....(I have picked Christianity for a very deliberate reason)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Dark ones is a reference to negative spirits such as succubi and other demonic entities that seek to influence humanity.

Duality is something I've never heard of before and have never been accused of it.

The Galactic Federation comes from Zechari Sitchin's Nibiru Council. It is also refereed to as the Galactic Confederation Of light. You can read about the planet Nibiru in his book The Twelfth planet.

Most messages about the GFL however, is received through channeling However, primary Christian thought is that this is actually a deception by demonic entities meant to lead people away from God.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Thank you for your reply.

So to you in the channeled messages when they say 'Dark Ones' they are referring to supernatural agents and not human agents? How does this relate to their emphasis on mass arrests of particular individuals associated with the financial crisis, would not these be classified as 'Dark Ones' too or those involved in environmental destruction or suppression of advanced technology...

Yes, I have read about the first third of the book The Twelfth planet but didn't realize at the time if these Annunaki as an alternative earth origins story were referring to the same group claiming to be in this Galactic Council too and basically elders in the courts of Heaven. I became suspicious of the writings of Sitchin when I linked him to being an agent of the Jesuits along with guys like Teilhard de Chardin, that their alternative origins story was more a control mechanism on thought coming from these 'secret societies' who are the ones pulling all the strings.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Well, I'm not entirely sure, to tell you the truth. The best possibility I can come up with is that these dark entities are working behind the scene in secret and hidden ways in order to pave the way for the coming of the anti-Christ.

But I'm not sure if it should be believed or not.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Do you classify yourself as a subscriber to New Age beliefs?

This is what I am trying to get at...when they use vague terms like "dark ones" (Love, which to them is not an unconditional love...."sacred", "wholeness", "oneness") because the terms are vague do people who read these message merely just short-circuit there thinking and refer to these 'Dark Ones' as bad or evil without knowing which group specifically they are talking about. That whatever 'Love' or 'Light' or 'sacred' is presented must be good when no clear explanation is given to these terms. That no one wants to be broken or incomplete so therefore vague terms like 'wholeness', 'oneness' seem like good or desirable pursuits when they actually relate to the elimination of dissenting beliefs so that everyone is a 'yes man', like a kind of group think.

The messages seems full of promise at the surface level and seeking desirable outcomes for all but do people see the vague terminology as acceptable or deceptive?.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

In trying to make some sense of all this new age alien stuff try not to rely on just one source too much. There is an information war going on so be careful with your trust. It is great to explore new topics and ideas as there might very well be some clues and parts to the puzzle, but it is a big complex picture so try and vary your sources.

As for duality, if we where to extinguish all duality then I expect the universe would become a very empty and quite place. The way I see it, as with all things moderation is the key. Too much of anything will kill us along with not enough of something. We do need to be careful with which dualistic concepts we eliminate and where to set the standard. For example to eliminate poverty also means to eliminate wealth.

If all dissenting voices can be wiped out or sent to re-education camps then by definition dualism has ended, is this not the end goal of the New Age, to end any opposition/alternate views as this would be dualistic?)

Personally, this image presents assimilation into a borg like collective where self determination is extinguished.

Is not every thought acceptable in the New Age as long as it is not in opposition to them, therefore nothing is acceptable to them other than themselves

What matters most is what is acceptable to you. The last guy who had all the answers got nailed to a cross so be careful, it is an information jungle out there.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

Well these particular channeled messages come from a few varied sources but I was wondering if there were ones that are perceived to be more authoritative to the New Agers that the ones that I keep track of. I am in no way a New Ager myself, purely Christian, but I like to keep informed of the message content and what it means to the New Ager's themselves.

If there was no evil on earth and only those interested in everyone reaching their highest good then what is wrong with that? I am interested in how people perceive that a balance is necessary for the universe to operate when in reality it is not based on any scientific principal to make it fundamentally necessary. Doesn't the action of love create more love and the action of evil create more evil. There is no fundamental mechanism that says, 'oh I am too happy with all this love, I must inject some evil/pain/cruelty into the mix to keep things from falling apart'. Understand what I am saying. People don't naturally think they have to compensate for something by going the other way. If great cruelty has been done to them then they are likely to continue to be 'evil' to others right, it is rare that they say I must re-balance the world with nothing but love from all the cruelty I get.

What is the innate/inbuilt mechanism that prevents more and more love being created when love is done to someone. How is love or evil limited fundamentally in one direction or the other through automatic processes in human nature? What are the auto-stabilizes in human nature to preserve this supposed balance? I put it to you that the earth could function perfectly fine with nothing but love as the guide and there is nothing fundamentally in human nature that suggests auto-stabilizes to maintain functional 'balance'.

The last guy who had all the answers got nailed to a cross so be careful, it is an information jungle out there.

That guy knew what would happen to Him when he first started doing what he did and he did it willingly as a sacrifice.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

No, I do not subscribe to new age beliefs. In fact, I'm very wary of them. Mostly I'm a non dogmatic Christian. That is I believe in the message and the morality more than the dogma, and I certainly don't believe in shoving my religious views down people's throats, and I don't go to Church to worship God because I believe that is a man made demand in order to prove one is A Christian. I prefer to keep them private because Jesus was very critical of the Pharisees having public displays of religiosity and called anybody who did this a hypocrite.

Especially channeling.

All spirits and entities are notoriously deceptive, and can not be trusted. The negative entities are especially deceptive in order to cause harm. Which is why God says things like psychic abilities and spirit channeling are not to be trusted and used.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I guess I'll answer since I'd be called "New Age" even though there is nothing new about what I believe...

Originally posted by JesuitGarlic
Hello,

I like to keep tabs on the 'channeled messages' coming out of the New Age Movement. Most of the messages I read come from Kauilapele's Blog some that would generally include messages from people like:Sheldan Nidle, SaLuSa and Montague Keen being the main ones.

I have some questions from anyone who reads these messages or similar to aid in my understanding. Firstly are these guys considered authoritative figures in the NAM or is their better sources that are considered more authoritative?

The only authority is God (Called "Source" in New Age ). God uses universal laws to keep things in order. Other than that, no authority. Some people do not even believe in SaLuSa and the others...

Now I have some of my own ideas what these 'terms' mean but I can't be sure as they are somewhat vague:

- 'Dark Ones'. Who are they they referring to specifically?

It is just a label for those who do not follow The Light. Those who work in darkness for self-interest, power and greed without love.

- Duality. When you raise a point with someone whom can't respond with facts or historical evidence why do they use this Duality or accuse one of being 'dualistic' as a kind of get of of jail free card to not answer a quesiton?

Duality is understanding the nature of existence. There is "being" and "non-being". If there is "heat" then there is "non-heat" (coldness). If there is "light" then there is "non-light" (darkness), et cetera.

It doesn't matter if someone calls you "dualistic", that just means that you understand the nature of reality of "being" and "non-being". Next time they say that, you should just say "so what?", and if they say "you can not understand because you are dualistic" then you know that they are speaking nonsense.

- Sacred Secret Societies. They use this terminology to talk about the groups working towards bringing peace and a coming golden age but aren't the secret societies the ones who orchestrated the whole financial chaos and have been the ones originating the wars, revolutions and ignorance of the population through media control the whole time?

You are speaking of secret societies as if they were "one" thing. There are many different secret societies, some of which, were involved with orchestrating the whole financial problems and wars, and some of which were hiding from them and working on ways to try their best to prevent it.

- Who is the Galatic Federation?

People believe that there are extra-terrestrial beings living in a higher dimension in an alliance to fight against lower dimensional beings who are full of hate and driven by destruction. These higher alliance is called the galactic federation.

And why do people like David Wilcock say to ignore any Christian saying that what is going on is in relation to Revelation? Why is this angle put on people that they should ignore it when there are some many 'Christian' references made in there messages, for example:

I don't remember him saying to "ignore Christian sayings", in fact, I think he was giving his interpretation of some biblical writing. At any rate, it doesn't matter because he is not an authority. Also, not all Christians believe in The Bible - but by definition they all believe in Jesus. It could be possible that there are Christians that do not believe The Bible to be completely accurate.

What are the New Agers perspectives on why they have been told to stop listening to anyone suggesting what is going on is related to Revelation?

There are many different perspectives. Some don't believe that they are who they say they are. Some don't even believe that they exist.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

How does this relate to information from Ben Fulford who says that the FEMA camps were built for the 'Christians', that the people involved in orchestrated this in the secret societies are Satanic or Luciferian in belief and that the Jesuits/Vatican, Rothschilds, Rockefellers are the ones involved...Are these the 'Dark Ones' who are the creators/controllers of the (sacred) secret societies or are the Dark Ones actually the Christians considering the word 'Love' in the occult means hard love or tough love where anyone who doesn't go along with their beliefs are able to be wiped out because they are dark to their 'Light'?

The Dark Ones are those who do not follow the path of love and light. It is anyone following the path of hatred and destruction.

Again, there are many secret societies. You are grouping them as if they all believed in the same thing - which they don't. Yes, there really are scary, evil secret societies out there, but there are also societies hiding from them working to stop them.
edit on 14-6-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join