It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you belive in Santa Claus?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

Deity: 3: one exalted or revered as supremely good or powerful

www.merriam-webster.com...

Sounds like Santa IS a deity after all.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Don't fuel the fire, I was just about to never click on this thing again.....lol

Okay Santa Claus was or is shall I say a Deity.....That doesn't exist, because people put their own presents under the tree for Christmas...

God our creator DOES exist because GOD put all people on this Earth, just there, HERE ON THIS EARTH!!

Since Santa can be easily avoided by putting your own presents there in his place.....GOD can't be ignored or none of us would exist.

Okay, now I am done.....Because this is the ONLY reason this dumb thread came to be, so he can blast me for my belief in GOD......

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by rhinoceros
Do you believe that Father Christmas really exists? I'm especially interested in hearing answers from devoted Christians. If you're a Santa Claus atheist, then why? What rationale are you applying to the non-existence of Santa Claus that cannot be applied to the non-existence of your God?

Oh look another wanna be thread, put together for the soul reason, of bashing peoples explaination for existence without the OP offering one that makes better sense.

Rhino you been here a month longer than I have and you call this a thread ? Horrible!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
All i know is that When i put out milk and cookies They dont get eaten.

He must just be testing my faith...

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Santa Clause is actually a misinterpretation of SasQuatch. I know this because I have met the gentleman in Oregon. He is giant, Harry as can be, (white hair) and very jolly. But he looks so different from a normal human that only small children are not afraid of him. So he leaves them small nick nacks and cool odds and ends that he finds under evergreen trees. Only the children ever see him, because the adults would surely try to, and may have tried to put a bullet in him. He subsists off of black berries and raw deer meet. He is a very innocent fellow and harmless, but he hardly speaks better than a two year old. Kinda hard to understand if you are fortunate enough to speak with him. If you meet him, it's clear though. He IS Santa Clause. This is the truth my friends, believe it or not.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Don't fuel the fire, I was just about to never click on this thing again.....lol

Okay Santa Claus was or is shall I say a Deity.....That doesn't exist, because people put their own presents under the tree for Christmas...

God our creator DOES exist because GOD put all people on this Earth, just there, HERE ON THIS EARTH!!

Since Santa can be easily avoided by putting your own presents there in his place.....GOD can't be ignored or none of us would exist.

Okay, now I am done.....Because this is the ONLY reason this dumb thread came to be, so he can blast me for my belief in GOD......

How can you be certain that it wasn't Santa Claus who created the Universe and eventually put all the people on Earth? Consider creation the original gift. I don't really see how people putting their own presents under the Christmas tree negates the existence of Father Christmas. Christian God doesn't build churches. It's people who build the churches. By this logic, we can tell that the Christian God doesn't exist?

Anyway, from what I understand, your disbelief towards Santa Claus stems from lack of action? Can you honestly say, that you have witnessed any more action from the Christian God, i.e. why no disbelief towards this deity as well?
edit on 14-6-2012 by rhinoceros because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Santa is real in heart of every parent that wants to see their child with that huge smile on their face, come Christmas morning. He is no more and no less. The only magic here is how nice that feeling of seeing someone happy, even without taking credit.
He should not affect religion imo, because we all know (for fact) he is a figment of imagination. No one actually worships him....It's just something fun to do.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Do you believe that Father Christmas really exists? I'm especially interested in hearing answers from devoted Christians. If you're a Santa Claus atheist, then why? What rationale are you applying to the non-existence of Santa Claus that cannot be applied to the non-existence of your God?

Oh look another wanna be thread, put together for the soul reason, of bashing peoples explaination for existence without the OP offering one that makes better sense.

Rhino you been here a month longer than I have and you call this a thread ? Horrible!

I'm seeing a lot of hostility from devout believers. Why? I've but presented a simple question. Surely you follow some logic for your simultaneous belief and disbelief into deities?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by PutAQuarterIn
He should not affect religion imo, because we all know (for fact) he is a figment of imagination. No one actually worships him....It's just something fun to do.

How is it that we all know this? I think the fact that he isn't worshiped widely may be an indication of true deity status. To me it seems kind of logical that an all powerful deity wouldn't impose selfish rules for his flock. There's nothing for him to gain from it. Isn't it better to be humble and loved world-wide? Almost everybody loves Santa Claus. The same can't be stated about the Christian God..

Are you saying your disbelief stems from the fact that Santa Claus isn't worshiped widely? Is worship of deities an indicator of "real" status? By this logic, I take it, you believe into thousands of Gods and not just the Christian God?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by rhinoceros

I have a great relationship with god, thank you very much!

I haven't spoken to Santa Claus ever, unless you count the days at the mall with my parents as a youngster....

I know god, and god knows me......If it happens to be Santa Claus, so be it....But there is something out there that speaks to me when needed (and not, just to talk) all the time.....

You wouldn't see a miracle as just that in this life, because you don't believe in miracles......But that is exactly where a miracle comes from!!

I won't go deeper into discussion because I already feel I am wasting my time with you, since you started a thread to blast anyone coming in about believing in god....

So once again, I bid you farewell

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Santa is real. Why? because the Santa Book says so! Santa Book is absolute and is not wrong, according to Santa Book.

Just because you didn't get any gift you can't prove he is not real. Not getting a present means you did something bad according to The Santa Book verse 3.12 "Thou shalt not do harm"

Milk and cookies are not eaten at your house is because you put blue stocking, Santa has said on verse 34.6 of The Santa Book "thou shalt not represent me of color then white and red"

I love being religious for this thread sake! i can make up facts and don't have to prove them! also pick and choose things from the Santa Book, so it make sense.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I haven't spoken to Santa Claus ever

I have. Your lack of faith is disturbing.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by john_bmth

I haven't spoken to Santa Claus ever

I have. Your lack of faith is disturbing.

Me too!

All the people that heard the "word" must build a religion for him, we shall name it "Santainsanity"

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I have a great relationship with god, thank you very much!

I haven't spoken to Santa Claus ever, unless you count the days at the mall with my parents as a youngster....

I know god, and god knows me......If it happens to be Santa Claus, so be it....But there is something out there that speaks to me when needed (and not, just to talk) all the time.....

You wouldn't see a miracle as just that in this life, because you don't believe in miracles......But that is exactly where a miracle comes from!!

I won't go deeper into discussion because I already feel I am wasting my time with you, since you started a thread to blast anyone coming in about believing in god....

So once again, I bid you farewell

Are you having actual conversations with a deity? I imagine these take place inside your head? I mean, no one else can listen to them, can they? Is it a male or a female voice, or something different? Have you considered the possibility that you might be insane? I think on quite few occasions murderers have claimed to have talked with a deity.. Perhaps the next time you could ask God how to build nuclear fusion reactors? I think these would free mankind from oil dependency and make life overall better for everyone. I talked to Santa Claus (in my head) as a kid quite a lot. On a few occasions I got what I asked for, am I to take it that Santa was listening (and is thus real)?

Anyway, if conversations with invisible partners indicate deity status, then are we to think that all the "imaginary" friends children have are Gods too?

edit. Gave this a little bit more thought. According to mainstream Christian doctrine, your ticket to Heaven requires both belief in the Christian God, as well as acceptance of Jesus as your savior, yes? So, how is it fair, that the majority of people are kept in the dark? E.g. God does not speak to them. Surely it's infinitely easier to believe if you have actual conversations with God? Then again, the God of the old testament is definitely not fair, but on the contrary a rather malevolent being. I suppose that would be in line with your experiences..

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Santa Claus is a lie!

Mister hankey now that's another story.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

First and foremost your just a punk trolling and the fact you deny you practice the religion of atheism makes you a prevaricating hypocrite . Arhiests seem to be some of the most aggressive evangelicals going. Your dogma is evelution and your priests are your scientists and just like other churches you have a pope that leads your cause , that would be Dawkins.

It takes way more faith to believe your lie than in Santa clause because mathematically it is mor probable than us coming from nothing .

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azadok2day

First and foremost your just a punk trolling and the fact you deny you practice the religion of atheism makes you a prevaricating hypocrite . Arhiests seem to be some of the most aggressive evangelicals going. Your dogma is evelution and your priests are your scientists and just like other churches you have a pope that leads your cause , that would be Dawkins.

If atheism is a religion........then bald is a hair colour?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
DO you believe in Santa Clause?

No but the Government think they are Santa Clause.

Poor Elfs like me make all the toys and Santa takes them and just gives them away to children I will never see and naughty or not they still get toys.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Prezbo369

"If atheism is a religion then not playing tennis is a sport".

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
soz but lmao.....you,ve hit a nerve with this thread, to me its the total same principal......your always told about santa clause and believe it to a certain age and then realize its all been a lie......to me it was same as a god.....all we,ve heard is a story that some1s told you all your life but tell me have u seen any prove of a god what so ever? no none of us have so why keep believing this crazy story?......why has there been no real evidence of 1 since the bible story?did u get that i said story? cause thats all it is,,,, a story........the whole religion thing is cause people have to believe that something else is there when theres not.......come on most scientists now believe everything happened from a big bang so god created everything in 6 days and the seven was a day of rest, really was the universe created in 6 days?......i think not......i rest my case.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join