It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Because we are British, British born and bred!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

That's a peeve of mine. Going to someone elses country and then refusing to join in.
I'm hispanic. And it angers me that many hispanics here in america don't learn english or want to speak english.
It's fine that you're proud of your heritage. But everyone needs to work together.
Join the team and learn the language and customs.
If it was so good where you were before then you should of stayed there.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHammondStoat
reply to post by LUXUS

It is terrible that kids go to school not learning English. I think that anyone who wants to live here should have to learn the language and not expect someone else to do their job in teaching it to their kids. Unfortunately many British kids can't read or write their names when they are sent to school either.

You say that some immigrants (Aussies etc.) do work when they come here but there are groups that don't in your experience. That is at the heart of this issue but people don't like to admit. The real sentiment being expressed here is white immigrants are tolerated, black and asian ones are presumed to be work-shy scroungers and are not. So this comes down to race, not immigration. To keep people fighting against each other you have make people focus on the easily perceived differences such as skin colour. I think this is a tactic with which we will be kept occupied with whilst the rug is pulled from under us by the real villains.

Wrong, oriental, Asians in general don’t claim either…most of them work!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I don't come from "Britain", and I am not "British". I come from England, and I'm English. Anyone can and seemingly has become "British", it takes more to be English.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Perhaps
reply to post by LUXUS

Call it retribution for over three hundred years of British colonisation.

Can't wait to see the retribution your artificial nation and nationality will suffer for the ways you slaughtered the Aboriginals and stole their land. That will be a pleasure to see.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I'm all for multiculturalism.

I just wish they wouldn't let the foreigners get involved.

ETA

edit on 14-6-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Citybig

reply to post by LUXUS

Can't wait to see the retribution your artificial nation and nationality will suffer for the ways you slaughtered the Aboriginals and stole their land. That will be a pleasure to see.

Funny you should say that my Roman friend, America deosn't seem to have an issue with the natives they stole land from why should they?

And saying yer English is a blanket statement, what kind of English are you? If yer name is pronounced with a fair amount of phlem....probably not english then.

Saxon? or Anglo? Norse? or Moor? Franco or Hessian?

I mean you are splitting hairs here, Im just wanting you to be more specific in doing so. Nothing wrong with national pride and all...it still has its uses.

Tá a fhios ya, ach ag rá

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS

reply to post by LUXUS

It is terrible that kids go to school not learning English. I think that anyone who wants to live here should have to learn the language and not expect someone else to do their job in teaching it to their kids. Unfortunately many British kids can't read or write their names when they are sent to school either.

You say that some immigrants (Aussies etc.) do work when they come here but there are groups that don't in your experience. That is at the heart of this issue but people don't like to admit. The real sentiment being expressed here is white immigrants are tolerated, black and asian ones are presumed to be work-shy scroungers and are not. So this comes down to race, not immigration. To keep people fighting against each other you have make people focus on the easily perceived differences such as skin colour. I think this is a tactic with which we will be kept occupied with whilst the rug is pulled from under us by the real villains.

Wrong, oriental, Asians in general don’t claim either…most of them work!

Ok, so we only have one racial type that according to you is the problem! Do you have evidence of this in terms of statistics and figures or is it just a case of anecodtal evidence and headlines in the tabloids?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

reply to post by LUXUS

I agree. They leach the time of the teacher away from the rest of the class. But they also suffer too because other people see them as being slow, or stupid neither of which is true. This is how it is now and also when I was at school.

And I agree too that its not a big ask that all kids aged 4 starting to school can read/write their name and count to ten and have a basic understanding of colours/shapes etc.

I do think that people who want to come into the country to live have to be able to speak/read/write english to some level. Afterall, they need to understand us and we need to understand them. This is a basic expectation and is true for any country.

Another is that they abide by our laws and regulations. I am happy for them to keep their religion, but they should respect our way of life. It is kind of when you are on holiday and visit another country. In some you are required to cover your head/legs as a sign of respect for that country. The same should happen here and if I moved to said country I would expect to have to do this too.

Another thing is, that in my opinion, religion should be kept out of places of education and work. It only leads to trouble as we have seen.

By all means it should be taught in school, but thats as far as it goes. They are places of learning not worship and the same for work.

And all this ridiculous PC which appears to actually work against our country and the majority.

I have a very good friend who is a muslim. She and her husband came here some twenty plus years ago. Her youngest son is in the same class as my son and they are best friends. She speaks extreamly good english and is constantly conscious of improving herself although she doesnt need to. She sometimes has a rather nice way of saying something that sounds mundane to us, which is very refreshing and often makes me think more about what sheis saying and what it means. She and her husband both work hard and are kind and good people. This is an example of what immigrants should be doing.

I do not feel wrong/or that I would offend her by giving her a card and present at christmas. She recognises that this act is one of friendship. She is still free to practise her own religion and way of living (which I in turn respect when in her company and while in her home), but that has not stopped her being a much loved member of the community.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS
reply to post by Perhaps

And yet your an Australian? lol

lol I know right....these colonials like Aussies and yanks love to come out with the whole "colonial history" thing...yet what happened? The British left, gave independence out, etc. But who stayed?

Pot, kettle.....
edit on 14-6-2012 by TheUnusualSuspect because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrandHeretic

Originally posted by Citybig

reply to post by LUXUS

Funny you should say that my Roman friend, America deosn't seem to have an issue with the natives they stole land from why should they?

And saying yer English is a blanket statement, what kind of English are you? If yer name is pronounced with a fair amount of phlem....probably not english then.

Saxon? or Anglo? Norse? or Moor? Franco or Hessian?

I mean you are splitting hairs here, Im just wanting you to be more specific in doing so. Nothing wrong with national pride and all...it still has its uses.

Tá a fhios ya, ach ag rá

I'm the sort of English that isn't going to let a bitter little celt patronise me or my nationality, now get back under your bridge, bog trotter.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I'm sure I'm not the only one that sees the irony in someone that authored the thread "are white people from earth?" complaining about immigration. Or do supernatural space immigrants not count?

Also from that thread

‘I have already seen this matter (Enoch) in a vision and made it known to you. For in the generation of Jared, my father, they [the angels] transgressed the word of the Lord, (that is) the law of heaven. And behold, they commit sin and transgress the commandment; they have united themselves with women and commit sin together with them; and they have married (wives) from among them, and begotten children by them ...

Oh dear they are the product of "interracial" relationships too.
edit on 14-6-2012 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

Yes you are British, you are English therefore British, you come from Great Britain which includes England, Scotland and Wales.

Great Britain is part of the United Kingdom, which includes Great Britain and Northern Island.

The United Kingdom is part of the British Isles, which includes Great Britain, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.

So yes, you are English, but you are also British. Next time you fill a form in that asks for ethnicity, chances are your only option (assuming you are a white Englishman) will be white British.

You sir, legally, are British, you can't escape or hide.

edit on 14/6/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
The true agenda is to break down national sovereignty, chipping away at one of the major barriers to global governance

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
This problem is not confined to Britain only .

It is a global pattern .

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

Rather be a bog trotter than a wanker....LOL

Seriously, in that case judging from your demeanor, that would make you Roman in origin. And if i may ask a wee question of ya lad.......What good is all of this staunch nationalism that you willingly prop up when England is easily in the same boat as everybody else?

have you yet to comprehend the fact that in reality where I live, immigration is a larger problem..for everyone. The toll it takes on ones local economy is staggering, especially if the immigrant doesnt want to assimilate or is uneducated.

But according to you...in fantasy land....your stock will last forever. Hate to put it to you this way but have you noticed? We're all shagging till we're the same color. Nations wont matter soon...there will be no way to tell us apart.

Needless to say that such an opinion you hold could be considered narrow or even borderline racism which isnt held to just ones skin tone...but nationality as well. Once upon a time in Germany there was once a man who held the same cord of nationalism you do.

The migration of humans stretch for centuries....the immigration issue is only made complicated by a system that is built of a superficial falsehood. The bubble cannot take the burden of a society that doesn't know how to work, let alone hold the ambition to try.

Pride should not take the place of principal.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by Citybig

Yes you are British, you are English therefore British, you come from Great Britain which includes England, Scotland and Wales.

Great Britain is part of the United Kingdom, which includes Great Britain and Northern Island.

The United Kingdom is part of the British Isles, which includes Great Britain, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.

So yes, you are English, but you are also British. Next time you fill a form in that asks for ethnicity, chances are your only option (assuming you are a white Englishman) will be white British.

You sir, legally, are British, you can't escape or hide.

edit on 14/6/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

I do not consider myself to be a citizen of the United Kingdom, I consider myself to be a citizen of England.

You can attempt to bully me all you like, but it will not work.

ENGLISH FIRST, ENGLISH SECOND, NOT "BRITISH", NEVER EUROPEAN.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrandHeretic
reply to post by Citybig

Rather be a bog trotter than a wanker....LOL

Seriously, in that case judging from your demeanor, that would make you Roman in origin. And if i may ask a wee question of ya lad.......What good is all of this staunch nationalism that you willingly prop up when England is easily in the same boat as everybody else?

have you yet to comprehend the fact that in reality where I live, immigration is a larger problem..for everyone. The toll it takes on ones local economy is staggering, especially if the immigrant doesnt want to assimilate or is uneducated.

But according to you...in fantasy land....your stock will last forever. Hate to put it to you this way but have you noticed? We're all shagging till we're the same color. Nations wont matter soon...there will be no way to tell us apart.

Needless to say that such an opinion you hold could be considered narrow or even borderline racism which isnt held to just ones skin tone...but nationality as well. Once upon a time in Germany there was once a man who held the same cord of nationalism you do.

The migration of humans stretch for centuries....the immigration issue is only made complicated by a system that is built of a superficial falsehood. The bubble cannot take the burden of a society that doesn't know how to work, let alone hold the ambition to try.

Pride should not take the place of principal.

The only racists here are the ones denying the existance of the English identity.

Oh the irony of the Scot, censuring the Englishman about nationalism, mere months after they elected by a wide margin a Nationalist party seeking independence.

Just more Brit hypocrisy.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Multiculturalism does not work in my area..

It was a huge mistake...

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Multiculturalism is part of British society and has been since before and after the Romans, there is no such thing as 100% British. We've been influenced by everything, because we are an Island that's been invade and has invaded throughout history. Our culture is important, whether it be the Welsh, ancient Cornish, Scots and Irish languages being preserved, original religions, which are foreign anyway, or our whole national identity being upheld, the fact that we are on here moaning about it proves in someway that our national identity is truly intact:-). British national identity has 'borrowed' from the rest of the world anyway from having an empire in the past, and inturn it's influenced the rest of the world, particularily English Law. It's not just 'Somalis' who don't work , there are plenty of people who were born here who can't be bothered working as well. I believe in multiculturalism, but I do understand some of your points OP, yes we are told to accept it and not to criticise it when it doesn't work as well as it should do, but I don't think it has truly failed us all. I do feel British people do far more to accommodate immigrants more than the immigrants themselves, but I don't see how our National identity is being eroded, I know from speaking to my English friends that they feel that their identity has been left behind since the Scots and Welsh have had devolution, that may have something to do with it, I don't know. It should be obvious to people with common sense that you should get of you backside and earn a living in a new country and not expect handouts. Many people have hidden behind cultural differences to escape prosecution in the past, but with forced marriages now being criminalised, hopefully this is step in the right direction, my attitude is and will always be, yes you are very welcome here, but don't take the p*ss :-)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
Multiculturalism does not work in my area..

It was a huge mistake...

Oh neither in mine. Unless you are into every other culture apart from the culture of the country you are in.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join