It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Houla massacre carried out by Free Syrian Army, according to Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Time to update.

The Free Syrian Army (FSA) are committed to a new Syria, no doubt about it. But an improved Syria?

Perhaps we can judge the new kind of Syria the FSA have in mind by the methods they use to bring it about. See for yourself by looking at any of these latest videos from Syria, most recorded and released by members of the FSA themselves.

Here is one of the most recent mass executions. The victims apparently include both heads of the local militia and soldiers in the state army. I am not keen on posting this kind of thing. Do not look at these videos unless you think it is the only way you are going to be convinced the portrayal of the FSA by mainstream media is propaganda.

Warning. This is a VERY graphic video!

More video evidence HERE
Warning - the contents of these videos are graphic!!

This is the FSA.

Counter to what you might see on the evening news, a large number of the FSA are not Syrians. They are foreigners from countries nearby including the rebels from Libya recruited by groups affiliated with Al Qaeda. These opposition forces are being armed by Turkey, Saudi Arabia, and Qatar.

What can you take from this? One thing for sure, ammunition is in ample supply. These men care little about wasting it, there is much much more where that came from.

This is a US-led proxy war.

edit on 6-8-2012 by Tallone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Tuesday, August 7, 2012 Iranian News Reports Child Hanged by Syrian 'Rebels'

More links included on how the rebels include fanatical Al Qaeda types.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
i could not let this slip by...

the tread title includes the message: "Houla massacre "

now.... this might or might not be a connect-the-dots type of thing...

but the Third Jewish Temple will/Is known as : HURVA Temple"

Houla-v-Hurva.... sorta reminds me of the Nostadamus proclivity to 'hide' the real names with quizzical Anagrams

[lets see if my scribbling can be deciphered----]-> as to a real link with relevance....
www.veteranstoday.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by fulllotusqigong

A quote from your link says it all really.

Even the Soros-funded Human Rights Watch was forced to admit the executions constituted “war crimes.” The fact that al-Qaeda terrorists are now fully part of the Syrian “revolution” is no longer debatable. Much like the situation in Libya, the “rebels” are not rebels at all. They are merely NATO-backed death squads used for the purpose of destabilization and regime change. All in all, Syria is just one of the last steps to be made on the Path to Persia.

Connecting the dots; Afghanistan → Iraq → Libya → Syria → Iran → China.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Tallone

To undermine Iran, which is predominantly Shiite, the Bush Administration has decided, in effect, to reconfigure its priorities in the Middle East. In Lebanon, the Administration has coöperated with Saudi Arabia’s government, which is Sunni, in clandestine operations that are intended to weaken Hezbollah, the Shiite organization that is backed by Iran. The U.S. has also taken part in clandestine operations aimed at Iran and its ally Syria. A by-product of these activities has been the bolstering of Sunni extremist groups that espouse a militant vision of Islam and are hostile to America and sympathetic to Al Qaeda. Read more www.newyorker.com...

The Redirection Is the Administration’s new policy benefitting our enemies in the war on terrorism? by Seymour M. Hersh March 5, 2007

Yeah it's basically a trick to leverage the real plight of the oppressed Syrians against the Assad regime, much like the Iraqis were against Sadam Hussein -- even though Iraq had the best healthcare and education system in the Middle East.

So on the one hand there is a real struggle in Syria for human rights and social justice but on the other it has been taken over and cynically manipulated toward the goals of U.S. imperialism.

Basically two wrongs don't make a right -- there was a non-violent movement against Assad that would have been less able to be controlled by the U.S. genocidal imperialists. But the Assad regime forced people to use violence as self-defense.

The whole situation is tragic much like Central America being a bottle neck to U.S. imperialism thereby requiring genocidal policies by the CIA, etc.

Modern humanity is doomed but at least the Bushmen culture for 90% of human history from 100,000 BCE to 10,000 BCE was a peaceful culture relying on trance dance alchemical training for healing love energy.

I think it's crucial not to just defend the Assad regime but also to embrace the struggle of the oppressed in Syria against the Assad regime yet at the same time their reliance on a military assault against Assad has played right into U.S. imperialism and of course this was built up with millions in funding by the CIA front organizations.

The so-called "leaders" or spokespersons of the Free Syria Army are members of the Bilderberg and CFR, etc. -- literally coddled and trained in the U.S. and the U.K. US "Intelligence Assets" leading the Syrian "Opposition", the Role of the Bilderberg and the CFR by Chris Marsden -- but then the "foot soldiers" I think are quite innocent of being pawns of the Western media and military, etc. -- they are fighting because the whole Middle East situation is desperate due to resource depletion and population explosion.

For example the Lebanonese population has gone from being mostly village based to being mostly urban-industrial in the past 30 years and I'm sure it's the same in Syria and so this Westernization process is escalating the use of resources that are otherwise too limited.
edit on 8-8-2012 by fulllotusqigong because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
What happened in Houla?

On May 25, when regime militias entered the town of Houla and carried out a gruesome massacre killing 108, including 49 children, something very strange happened. Despite the fact that Channel 4 had entered the town the very next day and collected on-camera testimonies from survivors, Stalinist outfits like MediaLens, media watchdogs like FAIR, and some left luminaries, including our friend Tariq Ali, started blaming the victims. There is no reason why official stories shouldn’t be doubted, but given the heinous nature of the crime, one would’ve thought they’d be careful with regard to their evidence. As it happened, all of them were relying on a single article appearing in a German publication, written by an author who never visited Houla or met a survivor. This was no innocent mistake: it was pointed out to both Medialens and FAIR that their source was dubious and its claim highly questionable. The source was discredited soon afterwards, and Der Spiegel and the UN have since both confirmed the original reports. Neither Medialens nor FAIR has apologized. Here meanwhile is Al Jazeera’s investigation into the massacre.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
FSA/Al-qaida are terrorists..
western propaganda is greater than nazi propaganda ever was.
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
edit on 16-8-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

The report seeems pretty dubious to me,considering that there is considerable evidence that FSA is killing people and then blaming the regime.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ludwigvonmises003

Your comment does not indicate you've watched the report.

Maybe a quote or something from the report might demonstrate your ability to comment on it.

Nice try though.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

He is entitled to his opinion and his views,there has been NO evidence of this massacre being perpetrated by Syrian forces,NO evidence laid before the UN council..NO need to insult his intelligence
Your preface said it all..
Though i agree with the line "There is no reason why official stories shouldn’t be doubted"
edit on 17-8-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by all2human

so you haven't watched the report either?

What's with this? haha.

I'm still waiting!

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

considering that the source is Al Jazeera , a propaganda outlet of the al qaeda thugs and the terrorist Qatar monarchy,the report has no legitimacy. Take your propaganda elsewhere.
edit on 17-8-2012 by ludwigvonmises003 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ludwigvonmises003

Ah so you practice self-censorship and willful ignorance.

Those are common tactics of the mind-controlled as Chomsky points out.

The video shows the UN observers on the ground. There is footage that shows the massacred infants and women and elderly all lined up in the houses. There are numerous interviews of family members. There is footage of the actual government attacks occurring.

Now that's only the first 11 minutes of the report.

As I previously posted -- the other news organizations have already admitted that the German article is not accurate.

I'm not writing this for you btw - because it's obvious you've already made your mind up -- or at least self-censorship and willful ignorance.

The government says that people from outside attacked Houla but it's pointed out Houla is already surrounded by government "security forces" so that no one can enter unless first having to pass through the security forces.

So then the UN report states that the Syrian government never investigated the event on the scene while the opposition groups arrived to care for and take care of the attacked victims. The survivors fled to anti-government parts of the town.

So then the news report confirms the video and the witness testimony that it was the government security forces at the water tank hill that did the attack -- a government base and also the national hospital. The attacks were on the "demonstration area" of the anti-government demonstrations. The massacre sites were close to the government bases. Then satellite photos show the actual government barricades blocking in the area that was attacked. It's impossible that any anti-government forces could "dislodge" the government forces.

The strategy of the attack was to try to get the alawite communities to turn against the sunni communites in Houla.

Now does this mean that the U.S., Qatar, etc. are not supporting the FSA? Of course not. Does it mean that Al Jazeera does not have propaganda? Of course not.

previous reports about CENTCOM's efforts claimed that the project used "fake online identities" to engage with online supporters of terror, something which journalism professor Jeff Jarvis lambasted as "clumsy". In the Post article, counter-terrorism expert Evan Kohlmann also questioned the effectiveness of such efforts in a place like Yemen, where internet penetration is approximately 1.8 per cent. "CENTCOM's engagement efforts seem like straight-up propaganda." The State Department has also engaged with online extremists via a multilingual Digital Outreach Team. That effort, too, has at times veered toward the absurd; in 2007, Palestinian blogger Haitham Sabbah reported being targeted by a member of the team after writing a blog post about US and Israeli state violence in the Middle East. Although the State Department's team explicitly acknowledged their government employer, it is not clear that CENTCOM's is as transparent. So while both ventures raise questions about effectiveness, CENTCOM's "engagement" efforts seem like straight-up propaganda.

So here you have the Electronic Freedom Foundation writing an op-ed in Al Jazeera -- it's not like the op-ed page of the WSJ

So we need to keep an open mind about the media - Noam Chomsky's media analysis is spot-on and yet Noam Chomsky routinely relies on sources from the very propaganda he has exposed. In other words any propaganda can be turned against itself -- no better documentation that the words that the supposed "target" has spoken themselves.

As has been pointed out - actually Israel prefers the Assad regime compared to the possibility of fundamentalist Islamists taking over. So for the U.S. to support Al Qaeda elements -- this is giving their support to the Arab regimes over the Israeli regime.

The point being that Al Qaeda was created by the CIA anyway and so to rely on "outing" Al Qaeda is a "false flag" operation -- It's really Al CIA-da. There has to be fundamentalist terrorists in order to justify the escalation of the military state.

So to support the FSA military operation is no different than to support the Assad regime which previously backed U.S. imperialism.

It's just like Saddam was no longer needed even though he was a U.S. ally and the same with Noreiga, etc.

There is a real justice movement in Syria that is nonviolent but is being used by both sides as supposed victims of the other side.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Again take your Al Jazeera terrorist propaganda elsewhere.If you love the rebels so much then go to Saudi Arabia.And the FSA and western/al jazeera media have been lying since Day 1.So much for the crediblity of those who have been lying since day 1.

As I previously posted -- the other news organizations have already admitted that the German article is not accurate.

Same news organizations like Reuters,Al Jazeera that have been fabricating news since Day 1?I remember the nonsense Reuters,Al Jazeera spoke in April-may when the islamic emirate of Deraa was set up and rebels were cutting off limbs and murdering people and these ppl were called freedom fighters and all crimes on civilians done by terrorists blamed on Army.Yeah sure.I was lucky to get out of Deraa alive.

Western officials continue to cite Friday’s Houla massacre as they move to diplomatically isolate Syria, and France’s new president is following in the footsteps of his predecessor in pushing for a UN-backed war. But what exactly happened in Houla? The UN’s new report is adding even more questions than it answers, and is once again throwing the rebels’ version of the event, which has been reported unaltered by US officials, into serious doubt. The rebel version of the story of the Houla massacre is that Syrian tanks and artillery surrounded the tiny town and started shelling indiscriminately, massacring well over 100 innocent civilians for no apparent reason. Though the death toll seems roughly correct, the UN report revealed that the shelling killed less than 20 people, with the vast majority executed by gunfire at close range. This of course makes no sense, since the rebel reports from Friday didn’t even have troops entering the town, claiming that rebel forces had chased them away after artillery fire on a protest.
theuglytruth.wordpress.com...

Even the UN report is crap just like the NIST report on WTC towers.And Al Jazeera ...Its as reliable as Sorcha Faal.
Presstv though it is not a good source(but still better than Al jazeera) something interesting about those created this UN report and how they are twisting to suit the psychopathic Corporatist interests.
www.presstv.ir...

And here is a report on how UN charged Syrian regime of executing and using children on the filmiest of evidence.
resistance-episteme.tumblr.com...

And Al jazeera has been faking news:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 18-8-2012 by ludwigvonmises003 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-8-2012 by ludwigvonmises003 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
There is hardly need to refer to corporate news entities in this story. Not when we have the raw footage from mobile phones of the killers themselves to look at.

It is evident there have been atrocities committed by both sides. Very few people reading ATS will be surprised by read the news is edited to spin a particular point of view, in effect to disseminate propaganda serving the purposes of the corporate masters.

The whole 'Al Jazeera are terrorists/Al Jazeera are the voice of reason' debate is a waste of time.

They are a corporate entity, nothing less nothing more. PressTV while certainly producing news displaying more research then most of what you get from MSN similarly is part of the establishment. Treat it all with a critical eye. Think for yourself. When you watch those raw footage videos on this page and in my OP at the top you know something is wrong with the way the news is being presented on your TV.

Al Qaeda is the number one beneficiary from the money, arms, and expert advice being dolled out by the foreign backers of the FSA. Make no mistake about that.

The chaos in Syria driven by the interests of the West and their allies, such as Turkey, is now spreading to Lebanon, and directly impacting on Iraq, not to mention Iran-the-next-target. Here is what Seth Jones, an Al Qaeda and counterterroism expert from Rand Corporation has to say about that situation.

The religious legitimacy of the Syria war and the increase of funding and fighters almost unquestionably benefits Al Qaeda in Iraq. It is heavily involved in overseeing the war in Syria.

www.reuters.com...

There is no two ways about this. We may well be witnessing the opening acts of WW3. Certainly the tinder is far too dry to be playing with matches over there.
edit on 19-8-2012 by Tallone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Tallone

You want some real news on Al-CIA-eda?

Watch this documentary to learn the truth.

The whole Al-CIA-eda is a CIA scam to fund military-Wall Street with ritual mass sacrifice of mind-controlled poor people.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Great post OP. This should be discussed & debated. Propaganda is obvious by both sides but we the entertained should keep an open mind to this situation.
It seems to me there is a comparasion with the events that took place in Lybia.
Gadaffi was portrayed as some kind of tyrant by our western media but the reality was very different.
He did much for Lybia/Lybian people that was never reported by western sources & I can't believe that his people wanted him gone. If my (the UK) government did such things for us we (in the UK) would worship them.
I am having a lot of problems with believing that Assad is so destructive to his own country & people.
Ultimately Syria will have to pay (money) much to put everything back together after this is all over. Who & how will this be paid for I wonder?
Obummer sorry Obhama (cant spell the priks name) just said on the BBC news something about chemical weapons potentially being used by the Syrian army! WMD all over again. Bush/Blair lies all over again.
'Don't believe the hype'.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Sorry if I posted this twice.

Great post OP. This should be discussed & debated. Propaganda is obvious by both sides but we the entertained should keep an open mind to this situation.
Gadaffi was portrayed as some kind of tyrant by our western media but the reality was very different.
He did much for Lybia/Lybian people that was never reported by western sources & I can't believe that his people wanted him gone. If my (the UK) government did such things for us we (in the UK) would worship them.
I am having a lot of problems with believing that Assad is so destructive to his own country & people.
Ultimately Syria will have to pay (money) much to put everything back together after this is all over. Who & how will this be paid for I wonder?
Obummer sorry Obhama (cant spell the priks name) just said on the BBC news something about chemical weapons potentially being used by the Syrian army! WMD all over again. Bush/Blair lies all over again.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by supamoto

Originally posted by supamoto

The revolts in Libya and Syria are heavily sponsored by the West, quite unlike those we saw in Tunisia (that began it all) and in Egypt. Libya and Syria both qualify as proxy wars with the aim of installing a puppet regime.

The invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan had the same aim, and apparent also was the aim to take control of the mineral wealth. Syria will lead to a direct assault on Iran. The situation in the ME is precarious.

But to your points. Yes I agree. Assad and Ghadaffi alike have the support of a large percentage of the population. There is no other way dictators can stay in power for that long. It is very true too of course that we never hear of the good things these two regimes did for the people in these countries, the very reason for their large support base, as you say.

We can't expect any different from MSN, which is made up of only about 6 corporative entitites. They serve as giant propaganda machines. Nothing more, unfortunately.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join